Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Someone told me to come to this thread with a bag of popcorn.

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Because you don't get your free update today?

Am I on the right track?
You are not on the right track. You have been derailed and launched into outer space. I am not sure how you failed to misunderstand the situation to this degree. If it was one or two missed deadlines, you'd be right. However, he's been doing this for years where he delays updates for months upon months then ultimately releases way less than he said he was going to after countless delays. Most people here were once paying members who got tired of being scammed or were banned for voicing the slightest bit of frustration.

Farspire

Nov 3, 2023
so... another delay... yet again.. considering the episode 13'th ORIGINAL release date was back in Feb... think we waited long enough

Nov 6, 2023
So, he missed yet another self-set deadline (10th) and this new alter apparently didn't have as much power as he was described to have had, so now the update is coming on Aug 15th and he's also missing the SECOND deadline he set of the 20th.

So....the only questions remaining are, will he actually pause pledges until the end of the year? And if he does, are we ready to accept that this game is probably going to be abandoned if he does that?

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
You guys don't understand, Stans aren't paying for a VN, they a re paying for the threads. It's trash tv we are used to. BD has created a new niche even he has to be so surprised people will pay so much for so little, why not keep stretching it out

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
He set a release for this morning, and somehow couldn't make it, supposedly due to an issue with the game compiling. Which also happens to prevent his new helper, who was meant to release the game on their own if BD missed his deadlines, from doing just that. Because it isn't compiled. But despite it not being compiled, BD has spent weeks playtesting.

So now the new deadline is the 15th. And the other update is by the end of the month.

I don't even know what to say. If BD is even being half-way honest, he should drop this game and check himself into therapy. This is like watching a car wreck in real time. Like I said in my last post, BD has some severe procrastination/mental issues. The constant promises he doesn't keep, the guilt-tripping, gaslighting etc. is exactly what people do IRL when they're drug addicts who are trying to keep their enablers on their side. I suppose for BD the drug is his Patreon funds, and his enablers are his supporters who keep giving him 2nd/3rd/4th/10th chances because he'll totally change this time around.

Seventy6ers

Apr 11, 2020
I am betting he only started to work on it sometime at the end of last month, and is now panicking and scrambling. The fact that he has some issues, might be true, but only because he is rushing it out at the last moment as a half-baked product. He is stalling with the release, since if he truthfully presents all he has done so far, his earnings might tank and even devoted patreons start coming after him.

Oct 22, 2017
Someone told me to come to this thread with a bag of popcorn.

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Because you don't get your free update today?

Am I on the right track?
A lot of people are talking about the last delay of EP 13.
But this is in no way a new thing. It's been going on since 2021 with a few select updates in-between to mollify supporters - or something like that.

Like others have said already, there are a lot of frustrated/disappointed former supporters here. And we air that as BD can't ban anyone not being part of his echo chamber here.

Like others have said already, I and most likely the majority of people in this thread aren't here because we smelled a dead horse we could put our sticks to work at, but because at some point we were excited about this game.

BD was transparent, communicative and put out a lot of updates consistently. The story was never a literary wonder, but it was decent and had (at least for me) enough meat on it with things like Ethans' past, and how it was intertwined with that of the people he met in the beginning, to be more interesting than just filler between sex scenes.

I am genuinely convinced, that BD really just dabbled a little as a hobby, was overwhelmed by the success and that combined with personal issues he had was the starting step to what we have now.

I wrote it before, some time ago - I kept supporting him for quite some time - devs should be able to get sick or have a vacation without losing money, especially if they do what we want and take the risk of doing so full time.

BUT. If you do it full time, it stops being a hobby, if you take the money, you start having certain obligations - even if it's not a traditional job and no one can force you to do X amount of work in Y amount of time.
One reason why I never entertained the idea of taking money for my steam mods when Steam introduced that idea. I didn't want to feel like I owed my time to someone, it would have stopped being a relaxing hobby.

Creative people often seem more prone to mental issues. Everyone can have them and everyone reacts differently to them. So pointing and saying that ABC handled it better doesn't help in any capacity.
BUT even though he paused pledges a lot in the beginning (a reason why a lot of people were very sympathetic in the beginning), I was paying him sick leave for more than a year. At some point, you have to be able to put yourself together.

I can't just sit here for two years telling my employer 'But I'm trying' without any result, just for then giving him an update with the info that the stuff delaying it for those two years will come later, and this was ready for 1.5 years already.

I don't know if BD is still legit, if this is all the result of some real mental ISSUES, or if he learned somewhere during the last two years that he can have the same money with just writing prose (excuses) for the most part.
On a personal level, I don't wish him any ill and am mostly disappointed. But then we have WVM and him handling this thing.
I'm disappointed in him and not only for his most prominent actions in the last two years, but due to me stepping back and the game stepping back so to say I can see a lot of stuff clearer now, that already itched me before, but I was too close to to really notice/give full weight to.

Most of them related to his self proclaimed Contrarianism, also called stupidity (see above Fun Shaundi )
A duck face here or there? OK - but they got more the more people mentioned that they weren't their favorite expression.
I'm more into petite girls and with every update a lot of the LIs - regardless of their frame in the beginning - started to 'grow'.
Clients were initially supposed to be ways to give Patrons something to influence that occurred once and then vanished in the shadows - but now they all bleed into the main story. The first 2 hands full of girls felt like they had a personality and story, then we got rainbow colors and girls we didn't know running naked through our house ...

While every excuse we get in itself is something I could understand - in sum, they show you something smelly is going on there.
There was a list posted sometime back, can't find it, but someone else might have a link?
In the beginning I could even understand his supporters to a degree as I myself also kept supporting him for quite some time when others had already left - but now - anyone not new and unwilling to do a little research has no excuse as why to still support him unless the current situation is a kink of theirs.

I'm definitely in there somewhere.

Was a long-time Patron and pledged well over a year into his problems.
There were issues, sure - but BD had some credit left and paused pledges a lot.
So for me, it felt like paying for sick leave of a guy that seemed genuine, nice, and had that hard-working vibe from the beginning.

If there were some delays - didn't matter, I didn't lose (much) money. And if someone actually takes the risk to do this full-time, they should be able to get sick and have a vacation from time to time without not getting anymore money instantly. Paid sick leave and vacations are a great thing.

Then it all began to stretch out, but I kept at it because 'pausing pledges' and I still believed that while he might not be totally honest (with himself too) he really was still trying to get stuff out, so it was like staying with someone I liked in a time of need where I hoped he was able to get the help he needed and heal.

Then, after updates, parts, chunks, and glimpses (which I still understood - if you are a perfectionist and have psychological problems, just having done 2k renders doesn't help if you question what you did and try to fill out the puzzle in your head, leading to rework renders and therefore burning time without actually having more renders after - it might help to break down the amount of stuff you have left) came the point where he said to just release everything he had without going in circles and circles anymore trying to get it right and I was happy because it seemed like he had broken the spell and was going to show he was legit.

THEN came the announcement to do another poll about if he REALLY really should release stuff after it seemed he finally had made a final decision for himself and the promise was out there.
This time he again doubting himself at that level made me believe there would be no change in the foreseeable future and I was highly disappointed, deciding that paid sick leave has to have an end too. At some point, you should be able to pick yourself up again and continue in at least some capacity.

So I quit my pledge, intending to wait until he had like at least a hand full of successful updates under his belt before thinking about supporting him again.

In the meantime we had updates and I'm not even unhappy with DITLO, but there has not been one update without issues so far, the delays came back, and the updates actually worsened the content in some ways I already felt were turning the wrong way (duck faces everywhere and boobs/asses growing all the time, clients bleeding into the 'base' game)

So right now I'm not sure I would actually support him again if he managed those updates again - which with his current schedule (if there were no delays) would still need more than a year of uninterrupted work.

And some point that seems to grow every time I think about it. Him declaring this whole thing is a hobby when he confirmed he needs it to pay for his family's expenses. If you do something for a living it's no hobby. And you should handle it like that. (I thought he did, him declaring it a hobby was a real 'in my face' moment.)

3.70 star(s) 644 Votes