hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Ello!
Another question would be if he does actually release something, would BD keep his promise(For missing the deadline) of pausing his Patreon/SubscribeStar till next year or have that idea of his promise have flash down the toilet. Thanks.
I forget who said it (someone else had this idea, I just happen to agree with it), but I am inclined to think that after he releases 13 and 14, He'll claim he's been bombarded with DMs saying they want him to unpause the subs, So he'll do it a week or 2 after, with a line that goes like "People have told me to turn subs again, so I am going to in a few days, I really appreciate the people that decide to stick around, and completely understand those that don't want to sub at the moment. I've been a mess blah blah blah blah"

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
I forget who said it (someone else had this idea, I just happen to agree with it), but I am inclined to think that after he releases 13 and 14, He'll claim he's been bombarded with DMs saying they want him to unpause the subs, So he'll do it a week or 2 after, with a line that goes like "People have told me to turn subs again, so I am going to in a few days, I really appreciate the people that decide to stick around, and completely understand those that don't want to sub at the moment. I've been a mess blah blah blah blah"
The word Claim and BD doesn't mix well together just leave a bad taste. But with how his supporters acting I truly for once believe BD that they are really DMs and actually asking BD to take they money. Lately I wonder if the supporters money is really going toward the development of the game but instead just banking his free lazy lifestyle. Thanks.

KMDavis

Jul 13, 2021
The word Claim and BD doesn't mix well together just leave a bad taste. But with how his supporters acting I truly for once believe BD that they are really DMs and actually asking BD to take they money. Lately I wonder if the supporters money is really going toward the development of the game but instead just banking his free lazy lifestyle. Thanks.
I'd say split the difference. And it's probably a 95/5 split. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: hic86 and Mikiyo

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
He's making like 200k a year off of his patreon. He's the only one who actually works on the game, fake PR rep and human hamster power generator notwithstanding, doesn't use any music, sounds or voice acting. There's literally no way he's spending even an eighth of that on hardware and daz assets.
Don't get me wrong, despite his lies about this being a hobby it's clearly his job, so if he was actually working on it then he'd be fully entitled to live off of it. Nobody supporting him is supporting the game though, they're just supporting him so he can laze around and watch sports on his couch while lying to and gaslighting them.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
He's making like 200k a year off of his patreon. He's the only one who actually works on the game, fake PR rep and human hamster power generator notwithstanding, doesn't use any music, sounds or voice acting. There's literally no way he's spending even an eighth of that on hardware and daz assets.
Don't get me wrong, despite his lies about this being a hobby it's clearly his job, so if he was actually working on it then he'd be fully entitled to live off of it. Nobody supporting him is supporting the game though, they're just supporting him so he can laze around and watch sports on his couch while lying to and gaslighting them.
pls dont ask about voice generator,....not only will be a mess imagine shauna's voice ...and him trying to do all the voices alone without any kind of help,or pay for actress....music and osund is more simple but i prefer some mod like koga do it that thing.....i dont wanna be loaded by the kind of music bd must like....im pretty much knows that till 2021 he loved some punk rock....[nothing aginst it but man impossible to mix this kind of game sttings with that music'

Reactions: Mikiyo

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
pls dont ask about voice generator,....not only will be a mess imagine shauna's voice ...and him trying to do all the voices alone without any kind of help,or pay for actress....music and osund is more simple but i prefer some mod like koga do it that thing.....i dont wanna be loaded by the kind of music bd must like....im pretty much knows that till 2021 he loved some punk rock....[nothing aginst it but man impossible to mix this kind of game sttings with that music'
Mhmm I am in agreement cause I feel like I might end up being in extremely annoying rage if BD decide to finally add any sort of sound into his game. Reason mostly down to his track record of adding unnecessary stupid stuffs. We end up hearing sound clips from meme movies and looping sporting music thought out the game, worse would be BD outright copy playlist from others Devs out of sheer laziness. Thanks.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Oh I'm not saying I want voices or even sound effects, I'm just saying that him not having them fairly significantly lowers the production value of the game and makes even less of the money he makes go into it.

Reactions: mofonistik

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
There is no way that paying members are getting banned. I am really not that invested in the game, i just play it sometime after I notice that it was updated. But the stuff i read in this thread are just sad. I was thinking that Braindrop is just a unorganized and a bit incompetent Dev, but now he just seems like a scammer.
oh yes there is
i was one of those paying members almost 3 years ago by now.
don´t remember what was the reason,but i remember that he made a poll on pantreon,and i wrote my mind there,and he did not liked that.

it was at the very start where he begann his scamming and banning people on pantreon.

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

sj97531

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 3958195
We're slowly getting there, can't wait to see the excuse at the end of the month :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ahhhhh so bro has 9 days and counting to formulate the best, most realistic excuse for why episodes 13 and 14 not only need more time and won't be released by the end of August but also to justify why they'll get pushed back to Christmas of this year :p But don't worry, he'll throw in EP 15 as his Christmas gift too, because ofc its only episodes 13 and 14 that are holding things up so 15 will just be a treat :giggle::ROFLMAO:

afrolicious

Formerly 'afrolicious01'
Oct 29, 2023
I think like alot of people here and even some in the discord that he had almost nothing done for Episode 13 in July and had not even thought about Episode 14. He will come out on the 29th or so and start laying the groundwork for issues that will cause him to have to push it to the first week of October or whatever and then we will see what happens then if it releases it will be a small 400-500 render update.

The two things that are crazy to me that I have not seen anyone talk about here and likely because most are not in the discord is there is a person in the discord that has alot of experience of Ren'py and was supposed to help when it came out on the 9th/10th that there were packaging issues, it seemed based on the messages that that help was in action and working to split the game in to smaller packages to allow an update to be released. - However come the 12th that conversation stopped and no one has ever asked about that again.

Second is how someone who has worked on this game and Ren'Py for 5 years at this point has two issues - 1 cant figure out a packaging issue when Ren'Py gives you a log... and two somehow fucks up the only copy of the game that they have to the point that it takes them weeks to fix it... that is the current excuse now as to why its taking this long, that he broke things while in a mad dash to fix it on the 10th.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Now he can claim that he got malware from a leak around here and that it destroyed all of update 13 , which he finally perfectly got right !!

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I think like alot of people here and even some in the discord that he had almost nothing done for Episode 13 in July and had not even thought about Episode 14. He will come out on the 29th or so and start laying the groundwork for issues that will cause him to have to push it to the first week of October or whatever and then we will see what happens then if it releases it will be a small 400-500 render update.

The two things that are crazy to me that I have not seen anyone talk about here and likely because most are not in the discord is there is a person in the discord that has alot of experience of Ren'py and was supposed to help when it came out on the 9th/10th that there were packaging issues, it seemed based on the messages that that help was in action and working to split the game in to smaller packages to allow an update to be released. - However come the 12th that conversation stopped and no one has ever asked about that again.

Second is how someone who has worked on this game and Ren'Py for 5 years at this point has two issues - 1 cant figure out a packaging issue when Ren'Py gives you a log... and two somehow fucks up the only copy of the game that they have to the point that it takes them weeks to fix it... that is the current excuse now as to why its taking this long, that he broke things while in a mad dash to fix it on the 10th.
It's difficult to package an update for release when there is nothing to package. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. After months of procrastinating and work consisting of putting in fake data in a spreadsheet, BD is in a race to actually put together enough renders and call it a release. Whether it's "13" or "13.5" or whatever, he needs to release something or else he will just go radio silent again (which he did the previous times he backed himself into a corner).

I'm hoping he releases something. But right now it's not looking likely.

Reactions: mofonistik
Apr 30, 2023
They are getting banned, even paying members. And as far as him being a scammer goes, I have been torn on whether or not he's incompetent and trying to cover for himself or he's just trying to see how far he can pull his supporters without a rope. Either way, he's lying to his supporters. So one way or another, it's a scam. That much is certain, especially in light of recent events where everything was done a month ago, followed by 6 days of "compiling errors" and then saying that it would be released by the end of the month. There's no way he had ready what he said he did and he tried, unsuccessfully, to catch up before he was found out, but failed at that. It's a huge mess that is snowballing out of control. Has been for years.
He actually said that ep 13 was going to be uploaded on August 15, which did not happen, then Ep 14 was supposed to start uploading from August 20 due to the end of the moth because he was going to upload it scene by scene update

3.70 star(s) 644 Votes