Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
At this point I feel like this game was made to push my boundaries.
A trans FtM is something I've never considered and damn I love both tomboys and muscular girls.

Reactions: ✝Fenrir✝

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I think with the new trance-boy, we have 3 possible ways. 1) we fully support her transformation, but we remain friends. There's a way to set her up with Damien. For him, this would probably be the perfect solution. :unsure: How a man look(after all changes) and can give birth to a child. 2) Somehow(charm) influence at her, not letting go for a full transformation, and get a Tomboy in our harem. 3) for exquisite lovers and gourmets - she's complete transformation, but she's in the harem.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Braindrop First let me start by saying, You are amazing, you're work on this game is amazing and Thank you for doing what you do.

I'm sure this was asked already and i tried doing some digging via the search function and didn't find anything so, i apologize if this is the hundredth time you have gotten this. What program do you use for your renders?
The renders are done in Daz 3D.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
It's been said numerous times that no walkthrough is required because the choices are fuck girl or don't fuck girl.

But there are other choices that seem to define the MC's personality/temperament/etc. Looking at the script, some have no meaningful effect unfortunately, just a few different lines of dialogue (e.g. when MC, Jamie, and Shauna are discussing finding Shanua a boyfriend like MC).

Others may cause a variable to be set, some involving the girls (e.g. what you choose when Shauna asks you to let her fight her own battles, and whether you choose to get on top of Natalie or pull her on top of you) and some having nothing to do with girls (eg. how you respond to Charles when he talks about firing Harp, and how you interact with teammates on the court).

Many of these choices can be interpreted in a number of different ways (nice guy vs bad boy, dominant/controlling vs submissive/permissive, sexually aggressive/pushy vs patient/playful). Because most of the choices haven't really played out (that is, the variables aren't used beyond [possibly] being set) it's difficult to guess from what perspective(s) the author is designing these choices, which IMO makes it difficult to choose some times.

I can't say I've read the entire thread, but I've seen many walkthrough requests with nothing like this brought up. Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about these choices?

Edit: I'm not suggesting a walkthrough needs to be made. Just that the common argument against a walkthrough is invalid, and that depending on how Braindrop works there may be a day when a walkthrough will be valuable.

Last edited:

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
It's been said numerous times that no walkthrough is required because the choices are fuck girl or don't fuck girl.

But there are other choices that seem to define the MC's personality/temperament/etc. Looking at the script, some have no meaningful effect unfortunately, just a few different lines of dialogue (e.g. when MC, Jamie, and Shauna are discussing finding Shanua a boyfriend like MC).

Others may cause a variable to be set, some involving the girls (e.g. what you choose when Shauna asks you to let her fight her own battles, and whether you choose to get on top of Natalie or pull her on top of you) and some having nothing to do with girls (eg. how you respond to Charles when he talks about firing Harp, and how you interact with teammates on the court).

Many of these choices can be interpreted in a number of different ways (nice guy vs bad boy, dominant/controlling vs submissive/permissive, sexually aggressive/pushy vs patient/playful). Because most of the choices haven't really played out (that is, the variables aren't used beyond [possibly] being set) it's difficult to guess from what perspective(s) the author is designing these choices which makes it difficult to choose some times.
It shouldn't be difficult, you should choose as you wish. If later there are consequences, well, then you get to see them. There's no point in a walk through since all any one knows is what exists not what will be. Many of those flags will likely amount to nothing.

Reactions: ZakAttak

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Many of these choices can be interpreted in a number of different ways (nice guy vs bad boy, dominant/controlling vs submissive/permissive, sexually aggressive/pushy vs patient/playful). Because most of the choices haven't really played out (that is, the variables aren't used beyond [possibly] being set) it's difficult to guess from what perspective(s) the author is designing these choices, which IMO makes it difficult to choose some times.

I can't say I've read the entire thread, but I've seen many walkthrough requests with nothing like this brought up. Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about these choices?
Well, I periodically get into the code and track where certain variables are used. So I learned how to get a kiss scene on day 6 with Azel.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
(...) there are other choices that seem to define the MC's personality/temperament/etc. Looking at the script, some have no meaningful effect unfortunately, just a few different lines of dialogue (...)

(...) Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about these choices?
These might be there just for roleplaying purpose. Some people prefer to play their VN's with a walkthrough open, so that they won't miss anything, others just enjoy the ride and choose whatever they feel like. These "empty" choices serve as a tool to build your own MC.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Many of those flags will likely amount to nothing.
Of course that's a possibility, but for my part I don't know enough about how Braindrop writes to make any prognostications.

These might be there just for roleplaying purpose. Some people prefer to play their VN's with a walkthrough open, so that they won't miss anything, others just enjoy the ride and choose whatever they feel like. These "empty" choices serve as a tool to build your own MC.
The obviously "empty" choices aren't really my concern, it's the fact that most choices which aren't (1) obviously empty or (2) immediately consequential haven't played out yet. So it's hard, for me at least, to know what I'm really choosing.

Reactions: Draverik

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
yeah i tend to think most of those flags will be used .....
It's just good practice to track all choices, because if you decide later to use it but you never saved it, then you've broken the saves of people playing incrementally (or you have to start by prompting for a choice and ruining any surprise).

Personally I recommend replacing the menu statement with one that writes the last selected choice to active state, then you never need to remember to add a flag for a choice (nor do you run into issues of typing == instead of =...)

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Of course that's a possibility, but for my part I don't know enough about how Braindrop writes to make any prognostications.

The obviously "empty" choices aren't really my concern, it's the fact that most choices which aren't (1) obviously empty or (2) immediately consequential haven't played out yet. So it's hard, for me at least, to know what I'm really choosing.
The problem is, you are thinking of choices as "results" instead of just "choices". You aren't thinking "I prefer chicken to salad". You are thinking "What yields the best result"

I don't think that's a good mindset because it distances you from the "Why" and focuses too much on the "what"

dakep

Jan 26, 2020
story is way more believable when trans option is enabled, especially with how Jamie reacts. glad I played it first with it on.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
The problem is, you are thinking of choices as "results" instead of just "choices". You aren't thinking "I prefer chicken to salad". You are thinking "What yields the best result"

I don't think that's a good mindset because it distances you from the "Why" and focuses too much on the "what"
I am thinking in terms of consequences, but not at all in the sense of "best result". Consider in particular the choice whether to get on top of Natalie or pull her on top of you. The author's perspective determines, at least in part, the consequences of that choice, in particular what it means for the MC's nature. The problem, for me, is that it's not at all clear what kind of MC I'm "creating" with my choices.

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes