The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Now see I have enough respect for you and your beliefs that I would never cock block you if someone was asking about your sect.....

SB: Relax Daddy he was only playing...

*shoots SB a cold stare* SILENCE...I wasn't finished

SB:EEP! I-I'm sorry....Master

BB: I dunno why yer so scared sis...When Daddy goes dark like that...it just makes me......wet

*Ahem* As I was saying Show me the same respect and please don't interfere with the expansion of my flock again :)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, in the same boat here, English is my fourth language, so even though I'm pretty fluent in it, with terminology like this, I'm constantly having to look up the subtle nuances and it's basically impossible to make perfect literal translations.

As far as I've seen, impaired and invalid are both seen as kinda politically incorrect and too unspecific. There are apparently also some advocates for differently-abled instead of disabled, but most of these seem not to actually come from the disabled community itself but from other people advocating for what word would be appropriate for people outside their own experience... So I think disabled is all in all the preferred word. But even that is heavily debated. So yeah, it's complicated.

But yeah, I feel you, I wouldn't be opposed to having a character like this, but like you said, might be a bit too crowded already, and a character like this would really need to be explored in greater detail so it probably couldn't be just this minor sidechick character.
A good way to go is to put the person first, so, rather than disabled person, you would say person with a disability. That might not be their prefered word and they are free to correct you but it shows that you're trying.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes