Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I'm surprised at the need for a rework on Shauna's history as I saw nothing wrong with it. I don't to trans/futa so, there is only 1 version in my mind.
Just a slight change of backstory for fShauna to distinguish her more from tShauna.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020

So... where's the update?

"Ugggghhh, Braindrop! It's past early August! Where's the update?!"

Well... it's still being worked on.
I like to be as brutally honest as I can with you guys, even if it makes me look bad. My original plan was to have the update out this past Thursday. I wanted to get back into Thursday updates cleanly but sadly I grossly underestimated the time it would take to finish up the update.
Despite working on the update next to nonstop I still find myself a good chunk of work to go before the update is ready. It's been very difficult for me to gauge a time frame because work on setting up the scenes / render times vary greatly.
The script was a huge time sink that I didn't expect to take so long. I'm currently floating and working between three different scripts for three different versions of the game. Day 7 final (revamped, meaning certain scenes removed and held for later days), Day 7 final (Current, I intend to have this first Day 7 final release include everything that was in 0.7.6.) and Week 1 final (Which makes sense of all of it and is a finalized version of the three)

Everything has gone well to be honest. I'm still going through shit but I've been able to work through it. I think I was just way too eager and aggressive with my initial release plan because of the long delay. You guys have no idea how badly I want to share all of this with you. This experience has shown me that I work much better on a week to week release basis. Compiling all the work and fitting everything together and filling the gaps with these large updates is far more difficult when it's not being done weekly and it's a big cause of the delays. It can be difficult to judge how much work has to go into it until you're actively putting it together.

I'm going to keep going in crunch mode until day 7 final is out. Besides a few hours of playing fall guys I've spent all my time working on WVM. I'll likely take a day or two off once it is out. I'll likely just focus on potential bug fixes on those days if it's needed.
The only changes to my "monthly schedule" is that the first Day 8 release might get cut and there will only be the first part of day 8 released and we'll be clear for usual updates in September.
Everything else will stay the same. A client poll was just posted and it was for the client's hair before we start shaping the face / other details.

And to make it clear. If there isn't a day 7 final release and the first part of Day 8 released this month then I will be pausing pledges for a 4th month in a row.

I'm doing everything I can to have this update be the best it can be. I'm very happy with how it is turning out and I can't wait for you all to play it.
I'm sorry for the delays but I think they'll be worth it in the end.
Love you guys <3

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I wonder how long this update is that it's taking so long.
The only thing I can think of is that it must be really really big and worth the wait.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I wonder how long this update is that it's taking so long.
The only thing I can think of is that it must be really really big and worth the wait.
It's not necessarily the length of the update that is causing the issue, but the technical aspects like the script, lighting, posing, etc. Braindrop seems to be quite the perfectionist and as one myself, I can understand them not wanting to release something that is, in their eyes, anything less than perfect.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I did a quick search for mention of it before posting.

I'm surprised at the need for a rework on Shauna's history as I saw nothing wrong with it. I don't to trans/futa so, there is only 1 version in my mind.
I am glad you like the game. I will be honest and when I played the game with the female version of Shauna I really didn't find any issues either. However, I recently decided to play the transgender female version of Shauna and the story for her was so much better. I really think the rework planned is to balance that out more, and the current female version is just a chopped down version of the transgender female version. That seems to be the driving change for the rework to make it a little different along with some of the other changes like Emiko to one model rather than the two now and the MC dick size from day one to be more aligned with the later days and other typos/technical stuff that need changes.

Hopefully you stick around and join in the fun conversations with us as the game grows.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
I wonder who the girl in the car is?
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it is someone for the game or a random thing he did just to throw us off?
Really tough to say. The only things I can see that we could go off is that she's freckled with dark hair which makes me think immediately of Jamie. So maybe Jamie and Liz' mother? Doesn't really look old enough but I feel like the story demands that we meet her at some point.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I am glad you like the game. I will be honest and when I played the game with the female version of Shauna I really didn't find any issues either. However, I recently decided to play the transgender female version of Shauna and the story for her was so much better. I really think the rework planned is to balance that out more, and the current female version is just a chopped down version of the transgender female version. That seems to be the driving change for the rework to make it a little different along with some of the other changes like Emiko to one model rather than the two now and the MC dick size from day one to be more aligned with the later days and other typos/technical stuff that need changes.

Hopefully you stick around and join in the fun conversations with us as the game grows.
I made Shauna trans for Sky,thought they make a good couple but then when MC's GF added Shauna kinda killed my new start.If they made choices to you to reject all other players why not Shauna? Wanted to make a game where I was loyal to my GF but then MC's GF spoiled it

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
I made Shauna trans for Sky,thought they make a good couple but then when MC's GF added Shauna kinda killed my new start.If they made choices to you to reject all other players why not Shauna? Wanted to make a game where I was loyal to my GF but then MC's GF spoiled it
Skye is trans no matter what you choose for Shauna at the beginning. Penny being trans or not will depend on that first decision though.

And well the story is what it is. If you made a game where you can choose everything, it's gonna be a game that makes no sense whatsoever on some routes. Yeah a lot of people don't like having Jamie and Shauna forced on them but see it just as part of the main story.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

i tried several times to play Shauna as a trans .. just couldn't see Shauna that way ...

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes