WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018

So... where's the update?

"Ugggghhh, Braindrop! It's past early August! Where's the update?!"

Well... it's still being worked on.
I like to be as brutally honest as I can with you guys, even if it makes me look bad. My original plan was to have the update out this past Thursday. I wanted to get back into Thursday updates cleanly but sadly I grossly underestimated the time it would take to finish up the update.
Despite working on the update next to nonstop I still find myself a good chunk of work to go before the update is ready. It's been very difficult for me to gauge a time frame because work on setting up the scenes / render times vary greatly.
The script was a huge time sink that I didn't expect to take so long. I'm currently floating and working between three different scripts for three different versions of the game. Day 7 final (revamped, meaning certain scenes removed and held for later days), Day 7 final (Current, I intend to have this first Day 7 final release include everything that was in 0.7.6.) and Week 1 final (Which makes sense of all of it and is a finalized version of the three)

Everything has gone well to be honest. I'm still going through shit but I've been able to work through it. I think I was just way too eager and aggressive with my initial release plan because of the long delay. You guys have no idea how badly I want to share all of this with you. This experience has shown me that I work much better on a week to week release basis. Compiling all the work and fitting everything together and filling the gaps with these large updates is far more difficult when it's not being done weekly and it's a big cause of the delays. It can be difficult to judge how much work has to go into it until you're actively putting it together.

I'm going to keep going in crunch mode until day 7 final is out. Besides a few hours of playing fall guys I've spent all my time working on WVM. I'll likely take a day or two off once it is out. I'll likely just focus on potential bug fixes on those days if it's needed.
The only changes to my "monthly schedule" is that the first Day 8 release might get cut and there will only be the first part of day 8 released and we'll be clear for usual updates in September.
Everything else will stay the same. A client poll was just posted and it was for the client's hair before we start shaping the face / other details.

And to make it clear. If there isn't a day 7 final release and the first part of Day 8 released this month then I will be pausing pledges for a 4th month in a row.

I'm doing everything I can to have this update be the best it can be. I'm very happy with how it is turning out and I can't wait for you all to play it.
I'm sorry for the delays but I think they'll be worth it in the end.
Love you guys <3
Not in any hurry. It better to take your time than forcing to have the application released with issues. Of course there will be some minor bugs, however it better to take the time before releasing it.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Due to all the questions about the latest update I did make a modification to the mini FAQ using a link to a post here from BD. Hopefully this will help reduce questions as I have seen an uptick in update questions even after reading the FAQ. I wanted to wait until the end of today just in case we get the update, but I felt the need to make it now. I probably should have done it when BD posted the information earlier this week so I apologize for any confusion I may have caused for not having it in there.
Glad you spent some time creating the mini FAQ. Wish that would help reduce the number of players prompting for updates or if the game is dead.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Please note this is not a knock on BD or his discord channel.

Just curious for any of the other BD Patreon members only. Does anyone else feel really uncomfortable posting anything on the discord channel for this game. I tried posting some stuff there a few times and just felt unnoticed there. Unlike here where I feel people are reading and responding with words not odd emojis. Maybe it is that I am an older guy, who knows maybe I am just crazy. I was just wondering what others think. If you don't feel like responding to me on the thread here that is fine you can private message me too. I am just curious if it is me or if others feel this way too.

Please note I can not add anyone to that discord you have to subscribe to BD's Patreon page to get added.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Glad you spent some time creating the mini FAQ. Wish that would help reduce the number of players prompting for updates or if the game is dead.
Unfortunately that requires them to actually look over the OP and click the link. Or to even notice the handful of us that have incorporated the mini FAQ in our signatures.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Glad you like it. I just wanted a way to respond to the same questions over an over again to save the regulars so time. Also felt like it was a way to do something for BD as well.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Please note this is not a knock on BD or his discord channel.

Just curious for any of the other BD Patreon members only. Does anyone else feel really uncomfortable posting anything on the discord channel for this game. I tried posting some stuff there a few times and just felt unnoticed there. Unlike here where I feel people are reading and responding with words not odd emojis. Maybe it is that I am an older guy, who knows maybe I am just crazy. I was just wondering what others think. If you don't feel like responding to me on the thread here that is fine you can private message me too. I am just curious if it is me or if others feel this way too.

Please note I can not add anyone to that discord you have to subscribe to BD's Patreon page to get added.
i hear ya grandpa :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I still have it. I wanted to try to make something better while I am waiting on a custom animated signature to be made for me.

Here is the last one I made if you wanted to see it again.

Jamie2.gif

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
You sure can if you want you can use it or I can try to make one similar with the girl of your choice instead if you want.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
naww ,, don't wanna trouble ya making a different one this one is cool .. thank you
You are welcome and it would be no big deal. It would give me some more practice with GIMP, so if you change your mind let me know the girl, background color, and text color if you want something changed.

Reactions: ImperialD

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
ok don't laugh to much at this .. but i don't know where on my computer it saved too .. :ROFLMAO:
Check your download folder or try to do a save as to see where it is saving the files too. I lose stuff I download all the time.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Check your download folder or try to do a save as to see where it is saving the files too. I lose stuff I download all the time.
well i download to a storage folder .. but its not there .. pictures go into a pictures folder .. its not there .. so wth

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017
So...I know I’m late to this party (and that nobody really gives a fuck what I think), but...since I’m really missing this game:

Lewd:

Gold: Zoe (the pen scene; next time I hope she gets the real thing!)

Silver: Brittany & Keyana (I can’t even say why; I just really like those two!)

Bronze: Elizabeth (hot, hot, hot!).

Non-Lewd:

Gold: Basketball with Veronica’s son.

Silver: Saving Harp’s job and assuring her everything’s gonna be okay.

Bronze: Making friends with Kimmy.

I’m a sucker for any scene where we get to see what a good guy MC is.

If I Could Only Have Three In My Harem:

1. Zoe (my favorite)

2. Alexis (something I really like about her...and great potential)

3. Shauna (most physically beautiful girl in the game)

Three Most Underrated:

1. Alexis (see above)

2. Tia (I think she could be dynamite!)

3. Jasmine (why aren’t more people talking about her? She’s amazing!)

Three Most Overrated:

(P.S.: If your favorite girl is on here, it’s because I hate her, I hate you, and because you need to re-evaluate your awful sense of taste; just kidding...this is just my own personal opinion and yours is every bit as valid as mine!)

1. Rachael (least-believable character in the game. And, real talk, she needs a breast reduction).

2. Ruby (everything she does, Stacy does better. She’s just really “meh” for me).

3. Bailey (I actually really like her, but the way y’all talk about her? She ain’t all that!).

Three Scenes I Can’t Wait to See:

1. Sex scene with Harp (she’s one of my favorites; this could break her into my top three),

2. Sex Scene With Natalie (I don’t want a threesome with her and Harp. I want to see how Braindrop would navigate a “sharing” situation between the three of them. Also, Natalie’s amazing, even though I far preferred her old hairstyle).

3. Anal with Zoe (the pen teased it; can’t leave that job unfinished!)

Three Missed Opportunities Or Scenes I Can Definitely Wait to See:

1. Willow as a sex partner. I was really into befriending her and making her a part of the harem. And I mean really into it. BD had other ideas. It’s cool, though. The “bru-bru” stuff killed it for me, anyway.

2. Even one more scene with Tali. Sorry. I know that this has been “explained”, but to me, what’s been done only makes it worse, making it come across as ex post facto rationalization. I just don’t think this will ever work for me.

3. The inevitable revelation of tSkye. Only because it’s really predictable. I realize most/many of you think she’s a woman. I’m thinking we’re going to find out otherwise, so as to add more T-Content to the game (as that’s a big draw to many players). I hope I’m wrong and am underestimating BD, here. It would be way more interesting to me if she was really just a serious female tomboy. I don’t mind more T-Content (even though that’s not for me, I like it that there’s stuff in the game for everyone to enjoy); I just want it to be a little less telegraphed.

A final thanks to Braindrop. Thank you for making a game that is so good it’s compelled me to write all the above nonsense. We love you and hope that you’re feeling well as you read this. Keep doing what you’re doing. I can’t wait to see how the game develops!!!

JD

(P.S.: If you never hear from me again, The Church of Bailey did it. They don’t play that shit)

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes