Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
For a slight change of pace I have a quick question. I'm starting a new playthrough in the optimistic hope that by the time I get through it the new release drops. This time I chose "transgender" for Shauna to see if the writing about her hang-ups made more sense. But the MC keeps deadnameing her as Shawn while Jamie says Shauna. Whats that about? Does that get brought up and resolved? I thought that giving this as an option would mean a more sensitive handling of the topic but that doesn't seem to be the case, or am I missing something?

Edit: Ok good, Jamie does confront the MC about it.
1719970799596.png

Last edited:

shadowdude111

Apr 5, 2018
For a slight change of pace I have a quick question. I'm starting a new playthrough in the optimistic hope that by the time I get through it the new release drops. This time I chose "transgender" for Shauna to see if the writing about her hang-ups made more sense. But the MC keeps deadnameing her as Shawn while Jamie says Shauna. Whats that about? Does that get brought up and resolved? I thought that giving this as an option would mean a more sensitive handling of the topic but that doesn't seem to be the case, or am I missing something?

Edit: Ok good, Jamie does confront the MC about it.
View attachment 3793649
it's a dropped plotline, apparently it was originally gonna lead to a teachable moment for the MC or something, but BD decided to just drop it and supposedly it's going to be absent from the rework, assuming that ever actually comes out

Reactions: Naps-On-Dirt

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Have any plot hints for the new releases been given? I really hope there's a fun meet & greet with that opposing team's cheerleaders in one of them. And I don't mean like tryouts to join the harem or anything (though I'm sure that might happen too) just a fun party for them all, maybe hosted by the Stars cheerleaders. Everyone would have a blast and it would be a tactical nuke in the psychological warfare against that d-bag opposing team captain. Jax or something? Yeah, fuck that guy. :D

Reactions: Player51

Bobbycanfly

Sep 8, 2021
it's a dropped plotline, apparently it was originally gonna lead to a teachable moment for the MC or something, but BD decided to just drop it and supposedly it's going to be absent from the rework, assuming that ever actually comes out
It's frankly insane you have one of your two main LO even have that option of being Trans.

That probably didn't take BD too long to figure out. Which is why 90+% of Shauna's renders play hide the sausage.

Any rework should drop that nonsense. For Shauna at least.

Reactions: EJW

shadowdude111

Apr 5, 2018
It's frankly insane you have one of your two main LO even have that option of being Trans.

That probably didn't take BD too long to figure out. Which is why 90+% of Shauna's renders play hide the sausage.

that's stupid, shauna being trans is one of the only truly great things about this game

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Still nothing huh?
Lol
not surprised here...
if it comes and that is a big IF it will be on the last day of his set date and probably in the last minute.
he will sure as hell delay it as long as he can.

and i am almost sure he will splitt episode 14 in parts because he did not said how big E14 will be only the length of E13 was mentioned.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
not surprised here...
if it comes and that is a big IF it will be on the last day of his set date and probably in the last minute.
he will sure as hell delay it as long as he can.
Don't forget he'll also have problems uploading it because the file size is to large or my other favorite excuse was that he worked non stop on the update with no sleep and he'll upload the update after he gets up from his nap. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Don't forget he'll also have problems uploading it because the file size is to large or my other favorite excuse was that he worked non stop on the update with no sleep and he'll upload the update after he gets up from his nap. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
oh right forgot about the not sleeping for a few days thing :)
and then his uploadspeed is so slow it needs about 24h to upload like we are in the year 2000 uploadspeed 64kb :D

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

that's stupid, shauna being trans is one of the only truly great things about this game
/This.
I didn't even try the non-trans route, since the whole conflict-ark about her sexuality carries a big part of the story in my opinion.
About the only thing BD gets right throughout the second part of the game :unsure:
Ok, I could be wrong, but I think there may be some misunderstanding about what he meant when he said that it's "insane you have one of your two main LO even have that option of being Trans."

I didn't take it as that the "Trans" part was insane, I took it as the "option" part was insane. Having that as an option means double renders on every scene that involves that LI, and for it to be one of the main LI's it means tons of aditional work, unless, as he said you just make her "play hide the sausage" to cut down on extra renders. From a Dev point of view it seems like it would be a nightmare...

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
I took it as the "option" part was insane.
Yeah, the option is crazy. It makes tons of work on the renders and it should have made tons of writing work. It didn't, but only because BD got lazy. So Shauna's character makes almost no sense if she's not trans (same/even more so with the trans side character) given the writing.

Feb 9, 2023
Yeah, the option is crazy. It makes tons of work on the renders and it should have made tons of writing work. It didn't, but only because BD got lazy. So Shauna's character makes almost no sense if she's not trans (same/even more so with the trans side character) given the writing.
I don't think her writing is that crazy, cis women can be shy about intimacy like Shauna is too

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes