Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Then why would they subscribe to something they are not sure of?
Why would anyone?
The point to subscribe is to get the work done ahead of everyone else on a regular basis, or so I thought.
Why do cultists follow their leader? Nobody but them knows for sure. It was the same when he was MIA for 2 years. All they got was promises but they still followed and supported him.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Then why would they subscribe to something they are not sure of?
Why would anyone?
The point to subscribe is to get the work done ahead of everyone else on a regular basis, or so I thought.
You're assuming that the person being followed , would use the system as "intended" and not resort to scamming and tricking his audience . Sure , honest devs would .

KiryuKazuma095

Apr 30, 2023
Can any would be subscriber actually acknowledge when exactly the update may or may not be this year?
subscriber ???who??me???No , i am not... I was considering the possibility of buying the game on steam but since there is not any possibility of that ever happening and the fact that BD is unreliable

Dec 9, 2020
He un-paused pledges because he said two releases were coming first two weeks..... why are these people still paying this man for constantly not keeping his word lol.
Must be nice to sit around and throw out practically every excuse ever used in these forums for a game delay, and still rack in thousands a month, even if it's every other month.
:sneaky:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
not me, i don't feel that supporting VN devs is worth it at all. sure, there are some good ones out there that update pretty often, but playing those frequent updates usually takes all of 10 mins. waste of time imo. lately, i am finding myself playing VN's less and less. and i could care less about waiting for updates now.

Reactions: EJW

Damien81a

Aug 4, 2022
season 1 remake? who tf asks him to remake anything? Just work on the future content. Stop coming up with B.S. excuses to say he doesn't want to work on shit and just coast for another 6 months. 90% of players are not replaying this long ass game because he decide to remake episode 1.
lol this brings me back to like a cuple off years ago when he had just missed like 10 realase dates of an update he said was ready to go and then he decided to take another cuple of months to redo the house MC lives in whit some sort of BS story aboute it had to be done cause "perfection" like anyone gave a fuck aboute the house .. ahh the good old times ;)

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
lol this brings me back to like a cuple off years ago when he had just missed like 10 realase dates of an update he said was ready to go and then he decided to take another cuple of months to redo the house MC lives in whit some sort of BS story aboute it had to be done cause "perfection" like anyone gave a fuck aboute the house .. ahh the good old times ;)
My recollection is that the house thing happened a few times, which is why the MC moves several times in the first few game days.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To look at the state of things now....

I remember back when this launched and the hype around it. Krypt Angel with his Baileys in the thread, Lemon with his birthdays for the girls.

Regular updates were a big win for him back then, brought a lot of support. Didn't take too long to start going to shit.

Ego grew, excuses poured in and now it's a complete mess.

I remember the devs 5 year plan for the game. 5 years which is up next month. I thought back then if it gets anywhere close to a complete game in 5 years i'd be shocked. Now i'd be shocked if an update came out on time. I don't think it will ever see completion now. Doesn't matter how much I enjoy the games content, much like a few other devs on here i've got zero faith in them being able to finish what they started.

It's funny, when this all started ole Brain had solid gold on his hands, the potential was through the roof and damn near all the playerbase was happy or a degree of happy.

I've got no idea how solid gold managed to melt into a puddle of piss but that's what were standing in now. Gonna take a lot of work to mop it up and it's getting that work donw I don't have any faith in. Seems content to do the minimum once in a blue moon but that won't cut it any more.

That support will only stick around for so long and once it's gone it's damned hard to get it back.

That's just one gals opinion though, i'm sure he knows what he's doing ..... heh, almost managed to say that without giggling.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Now imagine after all this wait, and BD saying the update definitely will be out this month(there's literally one scene left according to him), he "notices" something wrong during testing AGAIN, and the update has to be pushed back AGAIN, and he'll not be pausing pledges because the update is definitely almost out and he's taking care of a lot of people right now :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I've got no idea how solid gold managed to melt into a puddle of piss but that's what were standing in now. Gonna take a lot of work to mop it up and it's getting that work donw I don't have any faith in. Seems content to do the minimum once in a blue moon but that won't cut it any more.
It's still solid gold from BrainDead's perspective. He still had one of the highest earning AVN Patreon accounts after that year+ hiatus and it's actually grown in the past year when he managed to get back to almost semi regular for that little bit. His fans are the biggest idiots on the internet, he could literally give the game up and just start posting pictures of his morning turds and he still wouldn't drop below 200K a year.

Feb 2, 2024
He un-paused pledges because he said two releases were coming first two weeks..... why are these people still paying this man for constantly not keeping his word lol.
Must be nice to sit around and throw out practically every excuse ever used in these forums for a game delay, and still rack in thousands a month, even if it's every other month.
:sneaky:
Thousands a month?
Imagine if he was working on another game, he could retire in a few year's time.

Oct 22, 2017
not me, i don't feel that supporting VN devs is worth it at all. sure, there are some good ones out there that update pretty often, but playing those frequent updates usually takes all of 10 mins. waste of time imo. lately, i am finding myself playing VN's less and less. and i could care less about waiting for updates now.
A few years ago I was supporting quite a few devs. But back then, most games were updated monthly or bi-monthly and I could keep track of what was going on without having to dig through discords and the like.

Now I'm only supporting a few, that I really like / trust in.

Back then, if a dev was reliable and consistent, with a few exceptions, a game could be completed in a year or two.

I understand hardware got better and everyone wants their visuals to look the best - but if an update takes 6-12 months, a game with 10 updates, means an investment of 60-120 months until it's done.
Even with the most reliable person in the world - who can say what will happen in the next 5-10 years, good or bad.

If I just wanted some nice images, I wouldn't need a VN, and if I just wanted some erratic episodic stuff, I wouldn't wait half a year or a whole for it.
But if I want a story, and a finished product that is good overall and somewhat consistent in style and visuals - those timeframes are more often than not killing the project - in regards to technical improvements, the dev losing interest, or life turning an unexpected turn - and it would be the same for me.

I still come around, quite (too) often actually - but getting an update is more like a nice surprise these days.

Farspire

Nov 3, 2023

I remember back when this launched and the hype around it. Krypt Angel with his Baileys in the thread, Lemon with his birthdays for the girls.

Regular updates were a big win for him back then, brought a lot of support. Didn't take too long to start going to shit.

I remember the devs 5 year plan for the game. 5 years which is up next month. I thought back then if it gets anywhere close to a complete game in 5 years i'd be shocked. Now i'd be shocked if an update came out on time. I don't think it will ever see completion now. Doesn't matter how much I enjoy the games content, much like a few other devs on here i've got zero faith in them being able to finish what they started.

It's funny, when this all started ole Brain had solid gold on his hands, the potential was through the roof and damn near all the playerbase was happy or a degree of happy.

That support will only stick around for so long and once it's gone it's damned hard to get it back.

That's just one gals opinion though, i'm sure he knows what he's doing ..... heh, almost managed to say that without giggling.
Agreed 100% once the support and donations are gone getting them back is next to impossible. A few diehards will cling like with summertime saga.. the tech update was supposed to come out 2 years ago... still not done. As for WVM, the lack of updates is one reason i stopped my patron on it. While i was all for supporting it, I couldnt justify 80$ for a 100 render update 4 months late :/

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
A few years ago I was supporting quite a few devs. But back then, most games were updated monthly or bi-monthly and I could keep track of what was going on without having to dig through discords and the like.

Now I'm only supporting a few, that I really like / trust in.

Back then, if a dev was reliable and consistent, with a few exceptions, a game could be completed in a year or two.

I understand hardware got better and everyone wants their visuals to look the best - but if an update takes 6-12 months, a game with 10 updates, means an investment of 60-120 months until it's done.
Even with the most reliable person in the world - who can say what will happen in the next 5-10 years, good or bad.
This is why I don't see an end for WMV in the future. After 5 years look at where the game is at. Would anyone say the story seems to be at a halfway point? Not even remotely close. How many years will it take to get to some semblance of completion?

I think as others have repeatedly stated, at this point WMV is a money faucet. There is absolutely no incentive for BD to ever complete the game. If he did, what are the odds of him having a second successful game to support his new lifestyle?

The sad reality is the early "golden age" of western AVNs has passed. All the spare time people had while cooped up at home due to a global pandemic is over, and now people who want to make a game as a "hobby" have to balance life/work/development a lot more. So "hobby" games come out in slow trickles.

The next group of devs are the wannabe "professionals", who make a game, do an update or two, and then drop it and start again (often under a different name) if the first, second, whatever try wasn't an instant money maker. Sadly some of these games are really promising, but never to be updated, let alone completed.

Then there are the milkers. Devs who make a game, get an audience, and then ghost it while still collecting their Patreon deposits, or do an update every blue moon to make the game still feel like it's under development. Part of this group are the perpetual "Re-work/remake" crowd, who re-do the same content multiple times, or stop further development of an almost finished game to go back to the beginning. This group has grown a lot since AVNs took off on Steam, a source of income for recycled AVNs.

If you had to guess which category BD belongs to, what would it be? Funny enough he considers himself alternatively a hobbyist or a professional...

Oct 19, 2020

After seeing this 5 year plan i remembered something that i wrote in 1 August 2022

People forgets this was 5 year project and he extended to 10 years. I said it earlier go to ur own tailors and ask them for bigger pockets. The supporters gonna need it. This thread almost created 3 years ago.

Here is the (un)funny truth. This game about basketball and we haven't seen a single basketball game yet. In a 3 year period we're still at early chapters on story according to dev. Plot is not moving, game not getting updated. But still people praises him. I just can't make any sense any of this.

Lets compare him with another dev;

For example there is a game called Nursing Back to Pleasure by Daniels K. Almost in a year (13 months) he completed his game. He already completed 9 other games. He's got only 1.3k patreon.

Comparing to BD this guys deserves at least 10k+ patreon.

2 years from that Fastforward to today nothing has changed. :unsure:

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes