Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
DPC is open and honest about how long he and his team will take to complete an episode.

Each episode is extremely detailed, long, introduces new mechanics to keep it fresh, has a coherant story, massive replayability and is on time to the set timetable.

no one is bothered by long spaces between updates if they are advertised to us in advance (Light of my life for example) it's when developers lie and gaslight it's a problem.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Speaking about BaDiK, the reason I respect DPC is that he doesn't try to set release dates he won't be able to meet. Yes, a single update takes a good 10-14 months to make, but when a single path takes a good 8-12 hours per update, which means a good few days worth of gameplay per update, it's justifiable that he takes a while to get one released. Hell, he doesn't even give us a good timeframe until he's absolutely certain the game is close to ready and then only after the playtesting finishes up properly does he reveal when the update will drop.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Speaking about BaDiK, the reason I respect DPC is that he doesn't try to set release dates he won't be able to meet. Yes, a single update takes a good 10-14 months to make, but when a single path takes a good 8-12 hours per update, which means a good few days worth of gameplay per update, it's justifiable that he takes a while to get one released. Hell, he doesn't even give us a good timeframe until he's absolutely certain the game is close to ready and then only after the playtesting finishes up properly does he reveal when the update will drop.
Exactly people do not mind waiting for a update if the quality and the amount of play time for the months it took for the update is good. With BD he put out little 300 render updates ever 4 to 12 months. Which for the amount of time it take to get those small updates and how much he gets in support is unacceptable. I also respect BaDiK for not setting release date he cant meet. It's better to just say I am working on the update and I don't have any time frame for the release yet. I will post one as soon as I am sure I can meet the release.

With BD it the update is coming next week. Next week gets here and BD tells us some excuse or another of why he failed to meet the release date promises it will come in a few days to weeks and miss the those release dates over and over again. Then when we finally get it he has to spilt it up into tiny updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steinchen

xortan

Jul 26, 2017
I remember when this game was just starting out - big and very frequent updates - even too frequent. Folks in the comments were advising BD to slow down to not burn out. And now I've realized that it was 5 years ago, damn (and BD has completely burnt out - or just lost full passion, but the money is too good).

xortan

Jul 26, 2017
I understand that and I'm not gonna pretend I'm immune to burnout. But I love doing this man. It's fun. It's crazy to think we live in a time that I can tell a story like this in this kind of way. I wake up every morning excited to add more to it. I spend all day thinking about what to add to it. I feel super accomplished whenever I see the file size going up.
Goddamn :D

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
We won't spoil it, but the prostitution is not what you think. Too late, someone ruined it, phooey! Shame on you mosxyz and you suck Krypt. :p
I hope that, even if it isn't what I think (I have two options, the MC is the manwhore or some girls are the prostitutes), it can be avoided.

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
-Overpromised + false expectation that lead to burn out.
-Small excuses that continuously adding up and the inability to suck it up and admit that he lied.
-Keep writing himself into a corner by adding characters after characters that he doesnt have the plan, intention nor the capability to deliver a coherent narrative for. Because it's easier than writing an actual coherent story.

note to future self and other baby devs to avoid these mistakes.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I remember when this game was just starting out - big and very frequent updates - even too frequent. Folks in the comments were advising BD to slow down to not burn out. And now I've realized that it was 5 years ago, damn (and BD has completely burnt out - or just lost full passion, but the money is too good).
yeah wenn it all startet he brought an update every one and a half week maybe two if i am not mistaken.
and then it was already 150 to 250 renders.
add a litte more to it and you have the amount of renders what he brings out every few month now.

a decent updatesize is 300 to 500 renders a month for the most developers here.
of course that depents on the game that is beeing made.

so yeah it would be better for him if he would go where he was lets say 4 years ago.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Haven't been on this thread for a looooong time, did BD ever released the supposed rework which was supposed to make the game coherent? if i remember correctly after he altered the days or something like that.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Haven't been on this thread for a looooong time, did BD ever released the supposed rework which was supposed to make the game coherent? if i remember correctly after he altered the days or something like that.
no this guy seems to be cursed :whistle:
every time he announces something,something happens to delay it :cool:
and no he spoke about the rework in discord maybe 2 times in 1 year.
and the rework is supposed to be closing gaps where you see new characters,and you do not know where they know you from.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I like Hannah. I like Eden. I like the idea of taking Hannah's virginity. What I didn't like was how fucking LONG it took. When Belle said she needed an extra twenty minutes, I think it literally took 20 minutes to get to the end of the lewd. I didn't even finish the update, there's just too much fucking reading. It will never fail to amuse me that one of the reasons for the Season 1 rework is to deal with the 72 hour days, but he actually managed to exacerbate the problem.
1727863668297.gif
I'll have to meet Daliah (Delilah? Deliah? What's her goddamn name?) tomorrow. Maybe.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I wonder if you can guess the number one requested feature of Grandma's House?
"Can we fuck Grandma yet?" Over and over again every single freaking update!

So yeah I am sure there would be takers here.
I have often wondered why Moon doesn't allow players to have sex with the Grandma. I came to the clear conclusion after all these updates, there never will be, and there are going to be a lot of very disappointed people. I just can't see the logic or sense in postponing such a stupid event in the first place, unless your going to milk the naive who think they will be able to have sex with her. You can tease the player base only for so long before they give up. This game has had far more updates than any I can remember in a long time. Keep the updates coming, keep the patrons happy, under a delusion one day you can have sex with Grandma, a day that will never come..the game will just end lol

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
DPC is open and honest about how long he and his team will take to complete an episode.

Each episode is extremely detailed, long, introduces new mechanics to keep it fresh, has a coherant story, massive replayability and is on time to the set timetable.

no one is bothered by long spaces between updates if they are advertised to us in advance (Light of my life for example) it's when developers lie and gaslight it's a problem.
hahaha 'honest' that is a word he simply cannot or very likely never will be able to comprehend.

Reactions: Steinchen
3.70 star(s) 649 Votes