Tutorial Tool Unity XUnity Machine Translation

Shinjitsu

May 25, 2020
Tried changing to DeepL from google translation but am getting this error, does anyone know why?

>> Error occurred while retrieving translation. An error occurred in the pipeline.
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at DeepLTranslate.ExtProtocol.ExtDeepLTranslate.<GetClientState>d__35.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at DeepLTranslate.ExtProtocol.ExtDeepLTranslate.<SetupState>d__30.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at DeepLTranslate.ExtProtocol.ExtDeepLTranslate.<EnsureSetupState>d__29.MoveNext()
at DeepLTranslate.ExtProtocol.ExtDeepLTranslate.<Translate>d__32.MoveNext()
at Http.ExtProtocol.Executor.ExtProtocolHandler.<RunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
i was going to ask that too, deepl is giving me error, though no clue where you see that log, but in my case it just attempts to translate shit and fails, and then shut downs after 5 tries, even if i reboot it it still can't translate anything

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
For DeepL issues; . You can pop that into BepInEx\plugins\XUnity.AutoTranslator\Translators\FullNET and replace it

Reactions: lTTMl

RN620

Jan 27, 2019
Is there a way to translate the entire game so that we wont have to wait for a real time traslation?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
For some reason XUnity refuses to initialize for me on my computer. Any game I try to work with I can install it but when I boot up the game, nothing happens. An by nothing I don't mean just translating but creating config files as well. It is like the app doesn't initialize, like I am missing something it needs but I have downloaded everything and set it up as I usually do. I have seen the game problems with Reipatcher as well. At first I thought it was because I was on a VPN, however disabling the VPN is ineffective. Then I ruled out AV. However if I download someone elses build who already got it setup it works fine. Obviously I am doing soemthing wrong or something changed with my setup between new versions I am not aware of. Any advice?

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
For some reason XUnity refuses to initialize for me on my computer. Any game I try to work with I can install it but when I boot up the game, nothing happens. An by nothing I don't mean just translating but creating config files as well. It is like the app doesn't initialize, like I am missing something it needs but I have downloaded everything and set it up as I usually do. I have seen the game problems with Reipatcher as well. At first I thought it was because I was on a VPN, however disabling the VPN is ineffective. Then I ruled out AV. However if I download someone elses build who already got it setup it works fine. Obviously I am doing soemthing wrong or something changed with my setup between new versions I am not aware of. Any advice?
If you can download a pre applied translation that means the program IS detecting the pre-made text files, because i believe it reads those on the go, so that means it does run on some fashion...

Things to check, in no order whatsoever

Press alt+0 and check the plugin's status, in that tiny window you can reboot the plugin, change translator, and reboot again, and so on. Check if the program grabs text then attempts to translate and fails or what exactly is wrong?

also, since you're saying the program doesn't create the subdirectories and folders at all...
what happens if you create them manually?

or also, in those games where the pre applied translation loads fine, press alt+r on a random text to try a retranslation, does it work? or does it make the text remain in japanese instead?
or what happens if you open the .txt with ALL the translations, fucking delete all the text, and then launch the game, does the game translate stuff or not?

those are the things i'd try first and report back any findings

it's also worth mentioning that while reitpacher is the easiest method it can give trouble, for example it's not compatible with bepis, and if you reipatch a game that already has bepis stuff installed like an uncensor mod or whatever it can fuck up the game completely and you'd need a vanilla copy of the game to start again, and then choose
bepis xuat and bepis uncensor
or reipatcher xuat and no bepis uncensor or mods whatsoever

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
If you can download a pre applied translation that means the program IS detecting the pre-made text files, because i believe it reads those on the go, so that means it does run on some fashion...

Things to check, in no order whatsoever

Press alt+0 and check the plugin's status, in that tiny window you can reboot the plugin, change translator, and reboot again, and so on. Check if the program grabs text then attempts to translate and fails or what exactly is wrong?

also, since you're saying the program doesn't create the subdirectories and folders at all...
what happens if you create them manually?

or also, in those games where the pre applied translation loads fine, press alt+r on a random text to try a retranslation, does it work? or does it make the text remain in japanese instead?
or what happens if you open the .txt with ALL the translations, fucking delete all the text, and then launch the game, does the game translate stuff or not?

those are the things i'd try first and report back any findings

it's also worth mentioning that while reitpacher is the easiest method it can give trouble, for example it's not compatible with bepis, and if you reipatch a game that already has bepis stuff installed like an uncensor mod or whatever it can fuck up the game completely and you'd need a vanilla copy of the game to start again, and then choose
bepis xuat and bepis uncensor
or reipatcher xuat and no bepis uncensor or mods whatsoever
First off thank you for the very thorough response.

Shortly after I posted this I figured out there were several problems. Most of them were solved by either:

1) switching the version of bepinx I used (x64 or x86)

Or

2) the game just didn't want to work due to IL2CPP / I hadn't tweaked settings enough.

regardless I appreciate the advice. gave me a bit more of an idea where to start and what to check for.

Also I try and avoid Reipatcher when I can help it like you said.

Reactions: derakino999

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
First off thank you for the very thorough response.

Shortly after I posted this I figured out there were several problems. Most of them were solved by either:

1) switching the version of bepinx I used (x64 or x86)

Or

2) the game just didn't want to work due to IL2CPP / I hadn't tweaked settings enough.

regardless I appreciate the advice. gave me a bit more of an idea where to start and what to check for.

Also I try and avoid Reipatcher when I can help it like you said.
glad to hear! oh and ye i forgot to mention that il2cpp games have always been trouble,
i think support for them has gotten better over the years but is it still imperfect?

trashbag29

Aug 7, 2022
I don't know if this has been asked before but anyone know how to get IL2CPP to work? Haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I don't know if this has been asked before but anyone know how to get IL2CPP to work?
If your not already you try the and translator. If that doesn't do anything (which often happens like right above) it might be possible to make it work, but beyond my knowledge.

trashbag29

Aug 7, 2022
If your not already you try the and translator. If that doesn't do anything (which often happens like right above) it might be possible to make it work, but beyond my knowledge.
I did the same as you do before but with IL2CPP and the game still doesnt want to translate. Also tried using melonloader and couldnt get that to work.

trashbag29

Aug 7, 2022
Just got it working. I looked at another thread about it, Installed BepInEx 6 #674 ( ) and booted it before putting the BepInEx IL2CPP, after that I put it in and ran it and it's working.

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
1705149088990.png
Kind of a rookie question, but can anyone tell me exactly what is the executable file for deepl? I've tried the Deepl.exe but that just opens the app and does nothing further, and the file location of the deepl shortcut, which seems to be 0install-win.exe does nothing at all
So, what do I set as the executable location for deepl in the configuration?

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
Has anyone tried messing about to make a manual translation from the generated auto translation file? What I want to know is how to translate a recurring text without making a bunch of separate entries in the translation file.

For example, let's say you have a parameter in game called "スタミナ" (Stamina), and it goes from a value of 0 to 100. So in game it'd look like this. スタミナ=36 or スタミナ=78 and so on.

With the default settings, the plugin will make a different entry every time the value behind the text changes because its value at the end is different, and so the plugin considers them to be two different texts. It then made 100 entries that basically boils down to "スタミナ:Number=Stamina:Number", replace number with 0 to 100 . This results in an incredible amount of clutter, not even accounting the fact that there are multiples of this kind of texts, i.e. Health, Attack Power, etc.

Is there a way to make the plugin "remembers" that it has translated the text スタミナ into Stamina? Or maybe a way to make the plugin ignore numbers when making translations? The Github page suggests using a Splitter Regex to solve the problem of recurring texts, but I'm afraid it's too complex for me to understand without any coding background.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
1705160808808.png
Your translation>language>text folder will look like this
To manually edit the translation, what you gotta do is take the text you wanna manually translate and then type the original and translated text in the _Substitutions document, like this: 1705160946190.png
Remember to add a space at the end of each translation (especially names) so that it doesn't make a nonesense word out of it

MeEHSUCK

Dec 13, 2021
i've done all parts but it still wont translate. some other games worked but the game i wanted to play wont work. any idea how to translate this?

Ronald1813

Sep 21, 2023
i've done all parts but it still wont translate. some other games worked but the game i wanted to play wont work. any idea how to translate this?
Which game? And send an image of the game folder

Just to make sure, the game was made in Unity right? If you can't figure out the engine it was made in, refer to and its child articles to identify the engine first

Last edited: