VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021

Exciting news this week!
I’ve finished posing almost every static image now. There is only one set of scenes left for this 'big event' happening for Michelle, the introduction of the last love interest, and other important characters. I left this for last because it’s a long sequence of scenes, including a lewd scene in the middle. So I decided to finish every other scene in the chapter first to focus on this last.
Now that I have pretty much everything done, with the exception of the aforementioned event, I’m playtesting the chapter from the beginning to identify any issues and whatnot.
Although this chapter focuses on telling backstories for a couple of characters, like Keyla, Michelle and Alessa, there is a lot is going on for the others too, such as the continuation of Julia and Kimberly’s relationship, and even setting the groundwork for Candace and Olivia. I want to ensure the content is clear and maintains a good pacing.
The most time-consuming part is nearly done; we are almost there!! :D
Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Sep 3, 2020

Exciting news this week!
I’ve finished posing almost every static image now. There is only one set of scenes left for this 'big event' happening for Michelle, the introduction of the last love interest, and other important characters. I left this for last because it’s a long sequence of scenes, including a lewd scene in the middle. So I decided to finish every other scene in the chapter first to focus on this last.
Now that I have pretty much everything done, with the exception of the aforementioned event, I’m playtesting the chapter from the beginning to identify any issues and whatnot.
Although this chapter focuses on telling backstories for a couple of characters, like Keyla, Michelle and Alessa, there is a lot is going on for the others too, such as the continuation of Julia and Kimberly’s relationship, and even setting the groundwork for Candace and Olivia. I want to ensure the content is clear and maintains a good pacing.
The most time-consuming part is nearly done; we are almost there!! :D
Have a great weekend, everyone!!

final_638b3e85aa6d3800115fac5b_433397(1).gif
View attachment MULAN_[1998]_Scene-_Waking_the_'Elders'_Mushu._V1.mp4

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021

Posing all the static images for this chapter is almost complete; there are now only 9 scenes left to pose and render, and then it will be finished. Safe to say that I will be done by next week!

While working on these scenes I've been listening to A LOT of different musics, I was able to find and select a good variety of them, some will come within this update, others for subsequent ones.

I am still working on finding a thematic song for each Love Interest, which is proving to be quite challenging, but it's getting there. Julia and Kim already have theirs, which are in Chapter 1, Michelle’s will come in Chapter 2. But for everyone else, I’m still scouting around for them.

As for the chapter’s name, I was torn between a few different ones ever since I started writing the story a year ago. However, I'd rather just keep it simple. Chapter 2 will be called “Memories”, as it reflects exactly that: lots of trips down memory lane and past events/people coming back to haunt us in the present.

Like I did for Chapter 1, here is one of the banners I will be using for this update:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Sep 3, 2020

Posing all the static images for this chapter is almost complete; there are now only 9 scenes left to pose and render, and then it will be finished. Safe to say that I will be done by next week!

While working on these scenes I've been listening to A LOT of different musics, I was able to find and select a good variety of them, some will come within this update, others for subsequent ones.

I am still working on finding a thematic song for each Love Interest, which is proving to be quite challenging, but it's getting there. Julia and Kim already have theirs, which are in Chapter 1, Michelle’s will come in Chapter 2. But for everyone else, I’m still scouting around for them.

As for the chapter’s name, I was torn between a few different ones ever since I started writing the story a year ago. However, I'd rather just keep it simple. Chapter 2 will be called “Memories”, as it reflects exactly that: lots of trips down memory lane and past events/people coming back to haunt us in the present.

Like I did for Chapter 1, here is one of the banners I will be using for this update:

Have a great weekend, everyone!
View attachment Kung_Fu_Panda-_My_Time_Has_Come_V1_V1.mp4

• Red Heart
Reactions: CHAQUINN0

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
2 hours ago
When we make plans, be it for the short or long term, we hardly think of any adversity. We just want to lay out the perfect path ahead and go through with it. Sometimes it works out that way, but more often than not, there will be a thing or two along the way that may slow us down or straight up put our plan to a halt.
I have a very serious problem in my family that has been occupying my mind for a few months now. I can't think straight and can hardly focus on anything else. I will not say what it is, as I still hope everything is going to get better soon so I can forget about all this and move on. But I just want to let you all know something has been going on and isn't getting any better.
I will still try to push forward, as I have been doing, and get this last phase of development done, but there may be a slight delay.
Thank you for your patience.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I just recently heard about this game don't know when I will get around to playing just yet but it's on the higher side of my backlog to play. I have a question it may be stupid to even ask. I read a review for this game one of the review's mentioned this is a harem game. But there is no harem tag and from the description of the story I wouldn't expect this game to be one but I just had to ask as stupid as it is to ask this question is this actually a harem game lol. I'm guessing the answer is no but figure doesn't hurt to ask anyways,

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I just recently heard about this game don't know when I will get around to playing just yet but it's on the higher side of my backlog to play. I have a question it may be stupid to even ask. I read a review for this game one of the review's mentioned this is a harem game. But there is no harem tag and from the description of the story I wouldn't expect this game to be one but I just had to ask as stupid as it is to ask this question is this actually a harem game lol. I'm guessing the answer is no but figure doesn't hurt to ask anyways,
Screenshot - 2023-10-11T091507.781.png
and more info directly from the dev
Screenshot_-_2023-09-09T081353.523.png

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
An update
2 hours ago
Hey everyone,
First of all, I want to apologize for my alarming post earlier this week and also thank all of you for your messages. My father hasn’t been doing too well, and on Sunday, we had to rush him to the hospital. Today, he had surgery, and thankfully, everything went well. He should be back home soon.
Since it's just him and my mom, my sister and I are considering spending some time with them to make sure everything goes well from now on. It’s crazy to think that even though you are well aware that something like this will happen eventually and the outcome may not be good, when it happens, you realize that you’re still not ready for it.
Regarding the game, I pushed on to finish the last two remaining scenes to pose static renders for. Now, every static render for Chapter 2 is done, and I will move on to creating the animated ones.
I will provide a more detailed update in Friday’s dev log.
Thank you all for your support. Really! :)

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021

Hey, everyone!

Every static render for Chapter 2 is now finished!

I’ve started posing the animations for the lewd scenes now; hopefully, they will be done relatively quickly. Rendering them will be the most time-consuming part though.

On an unrelated note, you might have noticed that I edited all the Patreon posts and put them into the newly added ' ' feature. This is a neat way to organize things; the tags are still useful for grouping them, but with this, you can find all related posts in just one place.

I have also added an exclusive ‘Gallery’ channel to the Discord server. There, I will post the public and exclusive renders I make. As of today, there is an exclusive NSFW and SFW set for Michelle, Julia, Olivia, and Keyla; they are available for the ‘Bright Road’ tier and above. After Chapter 2 release, I will start creating these sets regularly again.

I know the Discord server is slow at this point, but hopefully, it will pick up steam eventually. Don’t worry though. If you don’t want to join the Discord, you won’t miss anything as if you are a Patron, everything that I post there will also be available here.

There was also an exclusive preview yesterday; these are Patreon exclusive previews too. They don’t contain spoilers, but they may or may not contain nudity and such. I will start doing that regularly as well.

Sorry for this long wall of text, but please bear with me as I’m slowly learning how to manage these things. This is all relatively new to me.

You will start seeing changes in my main communication channels over time (Twitter, Discord, and Patreon). A friend suggested I join SubscribeStar as well, so I will do so as Chapter 2 release date approaches.

My main focus now is to finish Chapter 2, so I will be doing these things as I find some more free time.

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey, everyone!
Hope you are doing well, things around here are getting better, thankfully. :)

As you saw in today's dev log, the chapter is almost done!
I'm glad I left this big event for last because Michelle and Alessa's scenes were quite hefty to work on, but I loved how they turned out.

Michelle fans will love Chapter 2! :sneaky:

Please bear with me as I will need a little more time to work on these animations and such. I'm almost there!

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes