lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I think a lot of it had to do with the sudden nuclear bomb that was set off at Patreon. Lost a gigantic revenue stream, and things slowed down a ton.
How come? This came out in 2021. Everyone and their dog knew at that point not to have family content there

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
How come? This came out in 2021. Everyone and their dog knew at that point not to have family content there
It doesn't have family content. You have to use a fan-made patch (legit fan-made) to have that content. The patch isn't a work-around one where it's on LewdPatcher (pretty much offical if it is there), etc.

Krepax

Aug 17, 2022
It doesn't have family content. You have to use a fan-made patch (legit fan-made) to have that content. The patch isn't a work-around one where it's on LewdPatcher (pretty much offical if it is there), etc.
Patreon rules are actually quite vague yet omni comprehensive but -in the past- they were applied with a modicum of common sense. Apparently, not anymore...

Matter of fact, even a common homebrew FPS is de-facto breaking their rules (no simulated violence) and, as such, it is in danger of being taken down.

I don't know why they've become so strict all of a sudden.

What happened to Wetdreamwalker actually made me support his project, not to mention that this game, despite some obvious faults especially in the last few chapters, is pretty well made.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Using Michelangelo is a terrible example since he was kinda known for being a diva and having delays lol
The point is that the potential consequences were much worse than an early leak. Whether one or more artists pushed the boundaries in their time is not really relevant. :rolleyes: [Funny that that was your problem with my analogy rather than the absurdity of comparing this VN to the work of timeless masters.]

Anxiety about early public leaks is obviously about the fear of losing subscribers/patrons, i.e. "Why should I bother supporting this dev if their stuff is leaked publicly almost at the same time patrons get the early releases?"

All I was saying is that disappointing updates seems like a much faster way to lose patrons.

That's it for me on the subject. Just hoping the game gets back to making some real story progress with the next update, and that it is released relatively soon since this one was so thin. (y) I've enjoyed the game so far, but let's stop wasting time with all the ancillary (and not very attractively rendered in some cases) characters and start progressing with the main ones, shall we?
:cautious:

ec80

Aug 7, 2018
would be nice if the game actually followed the choices you made and did not make. petra talks to you like you have allready fucked even when you have not. and that lil thug dick head seems unavoidable even if you didn't look for the youngest step d. or helped out the marfia girl he still jumps you on your way to petra's with i i told you i'd see you again. i'm sitting here all bitch we havnt even spoken b4

Deeweed

Jul 9, 2018
The point is that the potential consequences were much worse than an early leak. Whether one or more artists pushed the boundaries in their time is not really relevant. :rolleyes: [Funny that that was your problem with my analogy rather than the absurdity of comparing this VN to the work of timeless masters.]

Anxiety about early public leaks is obviously about the fear of losing subscribers/patrons, i.e. "Why should I bother supporting this dev if their stuff is leaked publicly almost at the same time patrons get the early releases?"

All I was saying is that disappointing updates seems like a much faster way to lose patrons.

That's it for me on the subject. Just hoping the game gets back to making some real story progress with the next update, and that it is released relatively soon since this one was so thin. (y) I've enjoyed the game so far, but let's stop wasting time with all the ancillary (and not very attractively rendered in some cases) characters and start progressing with the main ones, shall we?
:cautious:
"start progressing with the main ones" Exactly this, all i wanted was progress with main trio. In early episodes dev introduced many new characters and then more. Well i dont care abouth half of them. But suprise another daughter show up and that was just ridiculous. My main route is romantic and only meaningful progress is with felicia, now with chloe but he stretching it out too much. I was patreon since episode 3 but canceled it when there was more than half year without update. I had thought about subscribing again but my expectation are vastly different then what dev has in mind.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
"start progressing with the main ones" Exactly this, all i wanted was progress with main trio. In early episodes dev introduced many new characters and then more. Well i dont care abouth half of them. But suprise another daughter show up and that was just ridiculous. My main route is romantic and only meaningful progress is with felicia, now with chloe but he stretching it out too much. I was patreon since episode 3 but canceled it when there was more than half year without update. I had thought about subscribing again but my expectation are vastly different then what dev has in mind.
Yeah, it's one thing in a "bulk" harem game to keep adding more and more (uninteresting) characters, because players of those games want and expect to keep playing the same MC/game but constantly be banging "new" LIs...that usually are only slightly different-looking than all the others :rolleyes: and have little backstory because reading/immersion is not what those players are looking for anyway.

But the setup of this game was 3 girls you have a real relationship with and are trying to make up for lost time. The neighbor characters make sense given the context, but beyond them all the rest are mostly a waste of time based on the premise the game started with.

Since the focus has now shifted dramatically away from the original premise, it seems like the devs are far more interested in bloating and extending a Golden Goose rather than moving the core story forward and eventaully coming to an end, when they would have to come up with a new idea. :eek: :eek: :eek: The horror!

This game is now on life-support for me. I really liked it for a while, but it has strayed so far from the main story and it feels like nothing has happened in so long that the next update will be make-or-break for me in terms of keeping or deleting.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Am I the only one that had trouble starting the new update? I had to fix a code error that stopped the bird tweeting sound before progressing the story because someone forgot an "s".

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
25 May 2024: I will be updating the mod as soon as I am able.
(I did not have the game ahead of release, please be patient. Thank you.)

EDIT, later same day:
I found what I think is an odd bug in the game, one that may have been there a while, and complex enough that I'm uncertain what the dev intended. (It also may be the reason some people aren't getting the Emma scene.)
I need to ask WDW about it and have posted in his Discord. I hope to get an answer quickly.

(It should go without saying, but this mod will not work with any of the mods released by others here.)

Click the spoiler at the bottom of this post for previous versions of the mod.

This mod is an "ipatch" and walkthrough with some grammar correction, and minor adjustments (to the positive) in points awarded or lost.

NOTE: I only edit the "Game Mode" files, NOT the "Read Mode" files (romantic/rude path files).
So, if you start a new game, be sure to choose Game Mode.
If you load an existing save, it has to be one that started in Game Mode.

Please let me know if you get any errors on that specific route through the game. Enjoy!

NOTE: If you get an error at startup that mentions variables defined twice... just click the "Reload" button on-screen, that should clear the error.

Spoiler below is for game versions prior to 12

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Am I being a turboderp or is there no download for the current version?

Any idea on an ETA if not?

Reactions: Razor524

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Yikes, this was not a good update. It was so disjointed that it feels like we got an outline of an update instead of the update. Some scenes were so short you have to wonder why they were included. There were hard cuts everywhere. It does feel like the dev doesn't know what to do with the story anymore.

3.70 star(s) 77 Votes