Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
Can't understand Vanessa. What is the best approach to her ?? Romance /comedy / serious ??
Developer. can u add affection , lust points etc ???

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
I don't understand why people are feeling like they are forced to pursue girls. you can reject every girl as a love or sexual interest.
I've tried to rationalize everything the MC does as much as possible. He's never done anything just to do it. I thought I achieved some nuance with it and made it not so black and white. I've never put the MC in a situation he couldn't handle and I never will. But losing that control and not being able to make a choice about it is the problem and enough for some people to dislike the game as a whole. It's the principle of the MC not making that decision, even though I've tried to make it as one-sided as I can. Some people are okay with it. Some people aren't. That's fine. I can't please everybody.

I understand the need and want to have choices and to have everything play out in different ways but I have to compromise and be realistic about my capabilities. So, the big story plots will have to be on rails, while the choices (down the line) around your relationships with the girls will be the variations.

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
Mod updated. I have added a cheat menu to it, where u can edit stats and unlock the gallery.

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
I like the game, particularly the character designs. Nice to see a game where the girls are slim and toned instead of thicc for a change. Maybe it's a bit too 'slow burn'-ish though? 4 episodes in and (unless I'm missing something) the mc can only have sex with a couple of side characters. Meanwhile the 5 main girls have very little in the way of erotic content. Seems weird to have more sex scenes for side characters than for the main cast.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
All the LIs in this game are either really unlikeable or completely uninteresting to me, except Vanessa, I actually kind of like her but I'm not really sure why. Anyway you are forced to deal with all of them in one way or another and since I couldn't care less about any of them (except Vanessa) and Mc is just being ordered around without you being able to do anything about it, there's probably no point in me continuing this.

Reactions: Grelk

RogMR

Sep 21, 2019
I really like the "useless choices" in the dialogues. What makes the game good is that you can speak as prefers. And the NPCs reacting according to the choice of the MC/player. I test several answers just to see it makes sense. Best point of game for me. Congratulations Venus Waltz.

Option to reject one or the other woman, if the player detests any of the women, I think it is valid, but without making multiple paths. Multiple paths can make the game extremely short, even when DEV creates a lot of content. The Way, for example. It was one of my favorites at v0.16. The game was divided into 3 paths. I played until v0.22 and stopped completely, because each update is extremely short, because each player only sees 1/3 of the effort that DEV (Zee95) puts into the game.

Multipath is a trap for DEV. A DEV should only think about doing multipath when the DEV / DEV team can produce a lot of content with each update.

Last edited:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
It's been that way since the first episode. Even though my game's not popular and a lot of people here seem to hate it, I owe it to my handful of supporters to keep going.
I really enjoy your game & appreciate your efforts and that you keep it going, man! (y)

So don't let yourself down if people dislike anything... even in an unconstructive way - that's pretty "normal" unfortunately cause these people are only consumers, not creators. They don't see the hard work behind any creation, only themselves. :rolleyes:
However, there are those who appreciate and support. It's always good to focus on them instead of the grumblers!

Thanks for the update, VenusWaltz :cool:!!!

extractied

Nov 11, 2016
Reading all the previous comments from this thread so far, I gotta agree that this kind of "useless" choices throughout the gameplay is a plus.

To be fairly honest, I'm not a big fan of replaying something just to explore another "this or another minor scene" path, and also the vast majority of the games that utilize this system often seem lost in their own timeline, and the projects come to an infinite complexity.

• Angry
Reactions: VNON and Bluehemo

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
I am wondering, have someone a positive response from Vanessa in the car after the party, when MC can touch her?

( Pls make Marissa a LI ;))

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
you know there is harem tag, right?
I think is pretty much clear.

most harem games have harem route whether is canon or not that doesn't matter, so no, we don't have to just pick one, if he will add solo routes for the girls I dunno but so far is implied for us to go for all.
Actually I just got the choice for Harlow to pursue or not - I chose not, but keep her as a friend, I am assuming we will be given the choice with all the girls and since it does not make sense to go harem I want Riley or Vanessa

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I've tried to rationalize everything the MC does as much as possible. He's never done anything just to do it. I thought I achieved some nuance with it and made it not so black and white. I've never put the MC in a situation he couldn't handle and I never will. But losing that control and not being able to make a choice about it is the problem and enough for some people to dislike the game as a whole. It's the principle of the MC not making that decision, even though I've tried to make it as one-sided as I can. Some people are okay with it. Some people aren't. That's fine. I can't please everybody.

I understand the need and want to have choices and to have everything play out in different ways but I have to compromise and be realistic about my capabilities. So, the big story plots will have to be on rails, while the choices (down the line) around your relationships with the girls will be the variations.
Your story so far is really good, don't get side tracked by people asking you to do silly things, the relationships are or seem real, you asked in the game whether the MC wanted to pursue Harlow, a good choice for some but we need these choices as everyone out there will chose for different reasons a different girl. I won't chose the stripper no matter how shes presented - but I will help her, she deserves that. my choice rests with Riley or Vanessa at present and can't wait to have the choice to pursue one of them, I don't believe in harems, they NEVER work and you end up usually alone

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
She never said that she will dance. I read the whole scene twice just to make sure. She basically said that she was afraid of how people would look at her and judge her because she works in a strip club. Yet she never said that she would dance. She states that they pay her just to look and talk to her. So she is still a viable LI. Even so Marissa being a stripper is not a breaking point because she was a stripper when you met her. Now if we do see that Marlow starts stripping yeah that would change people's view of her. Until then she is one of my favorites.
I'am with you here, nothing wrong so far, but if she goes to another route it'll be a problem, for me at least.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
What the dev could do is give the player the option to talk Harlow into working elsewhere like the coffee shop. She would basically be doing the same thing talking with the customers and such and it would also add something to draw customers in other then a old bald guy and a young MC. Add a pretty face to the place and pull in different customers. It would change the stance people have about her as well as remove the fear she has of others finding out where she works.

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
looking good
enjoyed it until i realized it

yeah its #useless-choices ,
maybe its "another VNs" aka #kinetic-novel disguised itself with choices

probably until near the end of the game then it started calculating your choices
than you need to start from the beginning if you want another endings?

anyway,
the dev knew what they were doing

good luck for the dev.

4.20 star(s) 90 Votes