VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 20 Votes

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
I really liked the game, and I had a great time reading this story, so far it's flawless for me, 2 game played, 2 game loved, thank you JJsworld (y)(y):love::love:

Reactions: Ren65

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Man im sad this ended

Was such a great story and a amazing harem

But the ending kindda feels a bit rushed ?

Sure we see them all pregnant

But what happend to the mc will he eventually take over the lee busniss

We havent even went to the parents of Jin their place

So has this game been cut short in favor of something else ?

Or will we get a sequal to this ?
Rushed pregnancy endings. :cry:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hi there,
Loved the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I actually use a full colour highlight.
Stands out far better.
actually, you are wrong!
both is correct - either dammit and also damnit

even though damNit is the "better" term as it is abbreviation for "damn it"

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hi there,
Loved the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I actually use a full colour highlight.
Stands out far better.
First off, thanks for your efforts! (Again).

R.E. damnit...

dammit is also technically a mis-spelling. It should be damn it if we are doing the Queen's English thing. As for why I let it stand:

It being used in 'Southern US' slang... Dammit is a bit more 'phonetically correct' to the ear though. I did go through and change fixen to fixin' in a number of places though.

Not sure how soon a grammar patch may be in the works. There's a whole process, apparently game thread OPs get locked if you aren't a moderator once the completed tag is assigned, so JJsworld has needed to work with the moderators to get any changes made. The other words you pointed out (mainly contractions and niece) were fixed in a number of places, so if a couple slipped by me, I'm not surprised.

JJsworld has been stressing to get this thing out, since the last update was waaaay back in November of 2021, and a few people have been asking regularly about it, hence why the several attempts over the last few days to get 'er done! I told him to not stress about it and take his time, you may remember a few posts along those lines from JJsworld recently in this thread.

But that's why we had the 'false start' earlier. I had sent him a 'final build for evaluation and testing' thing but forgot to say as such in my PM, as I was tired and needed to rest. The next morning I did the 'lint checker' thing and we were able to hold off the uploaders via messaging while I quickly scrambled to upload a version with a few fixes...

I usually do NOT work within the SDK framework as multiple people (including JJsworld and RustyV) have lost entire Renpy builds out of nowhere because the RenPy build framework is very fickle sometimes. Simply put, I do not trust it, although I am now running stuff through the framework as a final step, mainly for the Lint thing as well as setting up Mac distributions which I have no way to check.

Back to the typos thing though. At this point, it's probably best to wait a few days to see if anyone finds anything else amiss along those lines, at which point all of the suggestions can be compiled into a single patch. @A New Beginning Chapters 1-12 has already propagated across several sharing sites (SVS Comics, etc.) so the cat's out of the bag at this point.

Dikgames even has it already, even though they never did grab FmF, which hurts my feelings... Just about everyone else did! Someone over at SVSComics did do multiple translations for FmF though, which I still haven't bothered to grab as 1) Free downloads take too long and 2) Since I don't speak those languages I have no idea how 'correct' they would be so I can't 'rubber stamp' them, plus I have no idea whom I would credit for these...

Anyways, as I said before, thanks again for taking the time to scan the scripts for typos! There probably will be a typo patch in a few days once the dust settles!

This is still JJsworld's baby of course, I just help with the renpy editing stuff. And RenPy/Python isn't my jam, but I muddle through as best I can.

Oh, look, I did it again! A wall of text!

So, yeah, grammar patch eventually once the dust settles.

A quick note:

Oh and blame me for the scroll bars to either side of the image. JJsworld renders at such a small resolution to accommodate his low end system hardware, and the transparent checkerboard background behind the images was pissing me off! I seem to remember that a couple of images actually took advantage of the 1280 width, not sure if they are still in the story or not, but that's why I didn't just reduce the 'default' Renpy width to a 5/4 ratio.

Plus, JJsworld likes how it now looks, so yeah! Stylistic choice and all that!

Most images were rendered at a 5/4 ratio at a 720 pixel height and not a 16/9 ratio as 1) Multiple characters are usually involved, so may not fit in the GPU memory of JJsworld's system and 2) Faster rendering times.

People should keep in mind that A New Beginning is a passion project, released completely FOR FREE here on f95zone. Sure he has a 'Buy Me A Coffee', but only a handful of people have...

I love how people knock the low resolution thing in their reviews even though it specifically says the story is done in 720p in the OP! I can think of a few other VNs that are done at 720p...

And, once again for the peanut gallery, it is a KINETIC NOVEL, NOT A GAME! There's a Kinetic Novel tag, Kinetic Novel appears in large text just below the OP promo image, and it says so at the beginning of the story! RenPy is a Visual Novel engine that happens to work well as a 'game' engine, but it's a VN engine at it's heart.

At least one reviewer put 'game' in quotes instead of flat out calling this a game, so I guess that helps... but it IS NOT A GAME, it's a STORY! I've already said my peace on why Kinetic VNs should be in their category, as people fuck this up in reviews all the time with VNs in the game category, but at least more eyeballs will see it in the Game section... BTW, this is why I do Enthralled in Comic form instead of using RenPy..

But I digress... I shouldn't vent here, it's not MY game after all, I just help out.

If anyone would like to buy JJsworld a new, faster GPU for his next project, with more VRAM, I'm sure that he wouldn't mind!
;)

Last edited:
May 17, 2020
Yes. I am gonna keep creating as long as people want to read them. I plan on asking the people here which one the want. I have 4 already roughed out...
I for one will definetly read other VN/kinetic novels if they are similar in both length and events as this one i would say this is my favourite Reading only Novel i played and i don't usually like games without choices but this game kept me intrigued so Good luck on next project looking forward too

Sep 16, 2021
did a quick search, and only found a few posts mentioning pregnant.. just wondering if the pregnancy is prominent in the game? it's a bit of a peeve of mine when games list pregnancy as a tag.. but never show the belly/pregnancy sex.. or at least more than one scene of it. when a girl is first knocked up, and she's still the same size i don't really count that much as a pregnancy tag, until they actually start to develop and that makes it into later scenes

tldr is pregnancy sex actually in here, with a decent amount? or does it have very little to do in the game

• Sad
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
did a quick search, and only found a few posts mentioning pregnant.. just wondering if the pregnancy is prominent in the game? it's a bit of a peeve of mine when games list pregnancy as a tag.. but never show the belly/pregnancy sex.. or at least more than one scene of it. when a girl is first knocked up, and she's still the same size i don't really count that much as a pregnancy tag, until they actually start to develop and that makes it into later scenes

tldr is pregnancy sex actually in here, with a decent amount? or does it have very little to do in the game
I can speak to this.

It's more of a 'build up to the ending' kind of thing in this story. You know it's coming, but you'll have to wait for the Epilogue. Early stages of pregnancy may come up earlier in the story though, but not to the 'showing' extent at that point.

So pregnant gals may be getting fucked later on in the story, but they aren't showing yet...

I thought about putting this in a spoiler tag, but it's an important point and a few people have been asking about it. So it's an 'inevitable but no big bellies until the end' kind of thing.

Or, to put it another way "Condoms? Birth Control? That's for wussies! Real Men help make babies!" In this context, he apparently can afford all of those new babies though, so yeah...

I'm still trying to figure out what science trickery Lex Luthor is using in Something Unlimited to (not) cause pregnancy by will alone apparently, and how he's able to produce that much cum when fucking multiple heroines in one night... there may be pregnancy endings planned for that game, which seems inevitable, but for now, not yet... that game still has a way to go in it's development cycle.

Last edited:

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
actually, you are wrong!
both is correct - either dammit and also damnit

even though damNit is the "better" term as it is abbreviation for "damn it"
Hi,
I was just going by Collins Dictionary.
Dammit is listed damnit is not.
Looks like it just depends on which dictionary you look at.
English is such a weird and wonderful language.
Nobody agrees on it.

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hi,
I was just going by Collins Dictionary.
Dammit is listed damnit is not.
Looks like it just depends on which dictionary you look at.
English is such a weird and wonderful language.
Nobody agrees on it.
well - even without dictionary it should be clear:
Damn - god damned - it's damn right etc etc
you never use the term "damm".
even google translator corrects you if you type "it's damm right" into "did you mean: it's damn right.
So - i don't know what epic dictionary you found where "damn" is not listed, but i guess you can trash that.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
well - even without dictionary it should be clear:
Damn - god damned - it's damn right etc etc
you never use the term "damm".
even google translator corrects you if you type "it's damm right" into "did you mean: it's damn right.
So - i don't know what epic dictionary you found where "damn" is not listed, but i guess you can trash that.
Sorry.
Damn was of course listed.
Dammit was listed.
Damnit was not listed.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey y'all!

While the dammit vs damnit discussion is noteworthy, this is a pohtaytoh potahtoh kind of thing. The English language is more confusing than it needs to be, I think that we can all agree on that.

Damnit is how JJsworld usually sees it spelled around his parts, hence why I ultimately left it as is.

He has told me that he really does appreciate all of the help and support he has received on this project of his. Hopefully we've improved his spelling vocabulary a bit along the way. Not everyone gravitates to or grasps the English language the same way, and some English teachers are better than others...

My personal issue is that my fingers have a mind of their own, and sometimes they type things that I know are wrong as soon as I look back at what I just typed, or I miss typos until later, which is why I'm constantly editing posts to fix my typos! And there are a few words that I struggle with here and there, but I'm humble enough to google them when I'm not sure...

Reactions: JJsworld

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hey y'all!

While the dammit vs damnit discussion is noteworthy, this is a pohtaytoh potahtoh kind of thing. The English language is more confusing than it needs to be, I think that we can all agree on that.

Damnit is how JJsworld usually sees it spelled around his parts, hence why I ultimately left it as is.

He has told me that he really does appreciate all of the help and support he has received on this project of his. Hopefully we've improved his spelling vocabulary a bit along the way. Not everyone gravitates to or grasps the English language the same way, and some English teachers are better than others...

My personal issue is that my fingers have a mind of their own, and sometimes they type things that I know are wrong as soon as I look back at what I just typed, or I miss typos until later, which is why I'm constantly editing posts to fix my typos! And there are a few words that I struggle with here and there, but I'm humble enough to google them when I'm not sure...
... just keep it "damned" like 99% of the world (including google and other translators) does, and all is fine - :ROFLMAO:

Big Rooster

Engaged Member
Mar 16, 2018
dammit to hell, damn it to hell, damn't to hell,
Shitfire! Are you really arguing about the right way to curse something :rolleyes:
I liked the story, it's not perfect, but KUDO's for doing it!

Reactions: JJsworld and OhWee

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Just wanted to say congratulations to jjsword for completing this very enjoyable VN. I really enjoyed this and hope to see you continue to create future VNs. Thanks so much for your hard and consistent effort. Looking forward your next effort should you choose to continue.

Must be a bit bittersweet, but congratulations none the less.

Reactions: Ren65 and JJsworld
3.00 star(s) 20 Votes