Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Jen is doing the dilly dallying also, there is the strain between the two:
She point blank tells MC Ash is the fiery intense one, she is just there for the ride.
She feels so much pleasure out of feeling the savior she cries of joy
as MC acknowledges her as one of his mesiahs - that si messe up,
because it is no real backbone 4 real relationship,
she will always hold MC like he owes her, like she knows best,
like the saying - you save anyone, you are responsible 4 their lives.

Ash is still princessy and not realy adept at being there for an emotional vulnerable MC.
She feels inadequate and so much restrained, even when he needs her hugs as much as she needs his.

Jen is no different, like MC had to become a master gigolo to touch and hug and
be gentle to her through all of her fits of mood swings.

Who would not want a babe that triggers so much knowledge of caressing and
nurturing and feelings into him that he becomes the sweetest boy?

Reactions: MrTouchy

MrTouchy

May 12, 2020
Jen is doing the dilly dallying also, there is the strain between the two:
She point blank tells MC Ash is the fiery intense one, she is just there for the ride.
She feels so much pleasure out of feeling the savior she cries of joy
as MC acknowledges her as one of his mesiahs - that si messe up,
because it is no real backbone 4 real relationship,
she will always hold MC like he owes her, like she knows best,
like the saying - you save anyone, you are responsible 4 their lives.

Ash is still princessy and not realy adept at being there for an emotional vulnerable MC.
She feels inadequate and so much restrained, even when he needs her hugs as much as she needs his.

Jen is no different, like MC had to become a master gigolo to touch and hug and
be gentle to her through all of her fits of mood swings.

Who would not want a babe that triggers so much knowledge of caressing and
nurturing and feelings into him that he becomes the sweetest boy?
so what is your fav. character so far and the "girlfeind type" ?

MrTouchy

May 12, 2020
Solid update, though I have to echo the complaints of other users and say the point thresholds are way too tight. The pacing of the game is also a little off. It's literally only the third day we've know most of the characters, but the game pushing you way hard into certain paths already, it seems. The game punishes you for trying to spread out points between the love interests, despite being so early in the game. The relationships are moving way too fast.

This update also made me not really like Ashley from a character perspective, at least on the Jenny "path". She's too much of a pushover. I get the whole "I don't want to lose a friend" thing, and I do sympathize with it, but she's essentially completely defeatist from the get go. She's not even trying to get with MC. And to repeat myself, it's literally been three days. Sorry Ashley I couldn't hang out with you for one evening of the three days I've been at college, now you're going to just give up and not even try? Give me a break. I think she's an interesting character but she really needs to be given more of a backbone.
i really would like to know what is your opinion on the best girlfriend type and likeable too

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
After careful consideration, I chose Jade - because she has no ulterior motives she would not tell Mc:
Jen remembers her BF from foster care who died, right at the time she picked MC, which she holds a secret still,

Jade is the gurl that goes places and asks the questions, much like Mc,
she tells it like it is, she has a past much like Mc, she talks and does not flake
like all the others who keep lying or not telling MC what is bothering them.

Remember, Ash still has not told anything of her life to MC, neither have the others,
what they talk to MC does not go with their memories or their stories.

Then they are so ”hurt”, Ash should not ask them, but MC and his friends,
Ash and Sung should blindly accept total strangers just because MC works 4 their well being?
so what is your fav. character so far and the "girlfeind type" ?
This is well known babe theatrics of being all high and mighty, thinking beauty will carry them into any mans arms.
Val even tells MC that on the train, she be all princessy receiving mens advances, to the point of abuse.

MrTouchy

May 12, 2020
After careful consideration, I chose Jade - because she has no ulterior motives she would not tell Mc:
Jen remembers her BF from foster care who died, right at the time she picked MC, which she holds a secret still,

she tells it like it is, she has a past muck like Mc, she talks and does not flake

Remember, Ash still has not told anything of her life to MC, neither have the others,
what they talk to MC doies not go with thei memories or their stories.

Then the are so ”hurt”, Ash should not ask them, but MC and his friends,
Ash and Sung should blindly accept total strangers just because MC works 4 their well being?
yeah i get you ... that is what annoys me too ... why alll the secrets .. the MC tries his best and dosnt get even half back ...
and jade makes the best impression hope some of the other characters get a backbone or a little mindchange in the future because i feel kinda shitty how they threat the MC ...

Sep 3, 2020

she tells it like it is, she has a past much like Mc, she talks and does not flake

what they talk to MC does not go with their memories or their stories.

Then they are so ”hurt”, Ash should not ask them, but MC and his friends,

This is well known babe theatrics of being all high and mighty, thinking beauty will carry them into any mans arms.
Val even tells MC that on the train, she be all princessy receiving mens advances, to the point of abuse.
interesting brother interesting mental note to myself remember to go after Jade on my second playthrough

but Canto Forte is my friend and my brother do I really want to steal his Jade from him yes i do

• Haha
Reactions: MrTouchy

Woolgrief

May 20, 2017
Welp. Trying this game today after seing for a while and really didnt regret it. The story is good. The art and animation is good enough even while i play he compressed version for I cant download the real size. The image doesnt blur or get cracked that much and thats show how good is the real version. Tho, Im kinda surprised that Dev gonna give the epilogue already, I think this quite early ? But, all i can say right now, this game is worth waiting for. Thx for Dev to make this game.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So other than either Jenny or Ash, are there any other girls who will not join you in a harem play.

bannisterm

Mar 21, 2018
For those who can't access Ch2, do this:

hit winkey+R to pull up "Run"
enter %appdata%
Open Renpy folder
Delete all contents under the AOA folder.
That should do it.
if not, delete AOA and re-extract.

that did it for me.

Reactions: shadow_sausage

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
So other than either Jenny or Ash, are there any other girls who will not join you in a harem play.
I haven't read everything in this thread, or everything the dev has said, but at least within the game, Jenny absolutely seems down with some kind of harem, or if harem is too strong a word, sharing/throuple situation. She's trying to talk you up to Ash, she doesn't seem to mind you banging Jade in the changing room. She seems to want you to perform some "sexual healing" on all the girls she's helping. Rebecca in her last conversation seems to be hinting towards something similar.

Also, the harem tag is still there.

Though the game does seem to be pigeonholing players already, however.

Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Really, and I just started a run-through ignoring Jenny, I thought if it comes to Jen or Ash I wanted Ash more.
My priority is Ash, Val, and uh, shit the actress chick seems hot, the rest, meh, no loss.

I know there is a harem tag, but from what I read it seemed like you would have to choose some girls.
I don't care about spoilers, I just don't want to waste time.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah from what I know they're a Christian band. Music is actually pretty good. I have several "Best of" album collections by Christian groups/artists and most of the music is pretty good.
lmao I wonder what they think of their music being used in adult VNs.

• Haha
Reactions: Razrback16

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
That's what I was wondering. It goes against everything they pretty much stand for. Obviously they had to get the license but still. To have a Christian band associated with a VN, it's like putting the Holy Bible next to a copy of LaVey's Satanic Bible.

But that's not a story for this thread. It's just, a very odd choice.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
using mods, old saves...?
if so, dont use/load it...try a fresh install/game...
damn, im sounding like a proper bot...perhaps it would be good to have the one, just to answer to similar posts in numerous threads :unsure:
Got it to work, but had to play from the beginning. They added in the Vicky scene so now it worked. Not too bad now but when we have 3+ chapters or so I'll want to know how to avoid this.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
No frigging thank you. Vicky, Aurora, Elizabeth to me are wildcards, and not knowing where they stand, I'll avoid them if given the chance. Neutral/friendly responses only.
Really? You don't think Aurora, or even Elizabeth could be fun choices? Aurora seems pretty sweet and down-to-earth, though she gets understandably frustrated at not being taken seriously professionally.

I tend to go after everybody in these games, unless they are absolutely hideous (sometimes even then, haha), so playing AOA is a challenge. I completely agree with all the commenters that say that the points required to not miss major scenes is too strict. I think it is fine that TLGGames is trying to have multiple paths, without everything being totally open, so that choices matter, but for minor comments, or just talking to a particular character for a few minutes to lock you out of a major scene or two, is just bad game mechanics. Go with your vision of the game, but ultimately the game is supposed to be fun for the players. If you need a walkthrough, you didn't design your game well. I use them sometimes, but walkthroughs take 90% of the fun out of the game, in my opinion.

The pacing is way, way, (way), too fast for my taste. I mean you just meet 4 girls for the first time, and one is already giving you a blowjob, in the open, and the other three just stand around and watch? It has been awhile since I have been to college, but I doubt that times have changed that much. I am all about suspension of disbelief, but that stretches credibility too far.

And the fact that every woman you meet, practically immediately falls in love with the MC, for no reason at all except him existing (except for Ashley, which I understand due to their history) is moving into WVM territory, if you know what I mean. For me at least, it is a lot more fun, and drives me to keep playing, when the build-up is a lot slower. Start out as acquaintances, go out on a few dates or other events, and then have the characters warm up to the MC. Except for Ashley, because like I said, you both have a long history together, Rebecca is the only character that strikes me as having a realistic response to the MC. I with the others were more restrained.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Really? You don't think Aurora, or even Elizabeth could be fun choices? Aurora seems pretty sweet and down-to-earth, though she gets understandably frustrated at not being taken seriously professionally.

I tend to go after everybody in these games, unless they are absolutely hideous (sometimes even then, haha), so playing AOA is a challenge. I completely agree with all the commenters that say that the points required to not miss major scenes is too strict. I think it is fine that TLGGames is trying to have multiple paths, without everything being totally open, so that choices matter, but for minor comments, or just talking to a particular character for a few minutes to lock you out of a major scene or two, is just bad game mechanics. Go with your vision of the game, but ultimately the game is supposed to be fun for the players. If you need a walkthrough, you didn't design your game well. I use them sometimes, but walkthroughs take 90% of the fun out of the game, in my opinion.

The pacing is way, way, (way), too fast for my taste. I mean you just meet 4 girls for the first time, and one is already giving you a blowjob, in the open, and the other three just stand around and watch? It has been awhile since I have been to college, but I doubt that times have changed that much. I am all about suspension of disbelief, but that stretches credibility too far.

And the fact that every woman you meet, practically immediately falls in love with the MC, for no reason at all except him existing (except for Ashley, which I understand due to their history) is moving into WVM territory, if you know what I mean. For me at least, it is a lot more fun, and drives me to keep playing, when the build-up is a lot slower. Start out as acquaintances, go out on a few dates or other events, and then have the characters warm up to the MC. Except for Ashley, because like I said, you both have a long history together, Rebecca is the only character that strikes me as having a realistic response to the MC. I with the others were more restrained.
I'm the opposite definitely. Usually find one girl to lock on to (in all the games in my signature for sure) and I stick with them. Yeah some are slower paced, others not so much. But with this one. I like knowing, right off the bat, of who I'm focused on, makes it much more streamlined for me. Rebecca is downright adorable though, and like you said, especially out of Jenny's four, has a more realistic response.

That's why I'm going to hold off on this game for a while though, and not go chapter by chapter, update by update. Another game I just went through is only up to Chapter 4 now, and to me, that's enough for me to see where the LI story is for my targeted girl. I'll probably do that here. Wait 2 or 3 more chapters before I get back into the story. There should be more organic flow-through by that time.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018

I both agree and disagree. On one hand, you're right, the "relationships" are progressing extremely (too) quickly, you literally only know most of the characters for three days. Additionally, most of the love interests are, for lack of a better term, emotionally stunted, and have had emotional trauma that (should) make the difficult to be emotionally involved with someone, including MC.

On the other hand, the premise of the game and the way it unfolds is such that it makes sense why all the love interests would fall in love with MC. Jenny specifically picks you because you look like her childhood friend, and you're a "safe" farmboy. It makes sense why she would fall madly love with you. It's also heavily implied that Jenny wants you emotionally "help out" ;) the other girls in the house, and has orchestrated the situation as such. Jade is a former child prostitute, it makes sense why she finds sex so casual, she's desensitized. But it also makes sense why she's falling in love with MC, as he may be the only man in her life whose shown interest for not just sex. Valery's backstory is still a bit vague, but the information you do get out of her is that you're one of the few people who has given a shit about her. Aurora is a Hollywood-ish actor, who probably hasn't had a genuine friend, and see MC as her first opportunity for one. Elizabeth has some unresolved issue as well, it's also not out of the realm of possibility that Jenny set her up as the teacher so MC can work his sexual magic on her too. Ashley is obvious as you say, and Sung-Ji and Rebecca are more reserved. So yeah there's reasonably good explanations for why the characters act the way the do.

The pacing is still indeed an issue, though honestly currently I'm more worried about how much the game wants to lock you into certain paths already. You miss huge chunks on dialogue and backstory at the game forces you into one love interest (gym/pool, jen/ash date, trip on bus, changing room etc) they all lock you out of talking to the other love interests. Interestingly in the script there's a variable for each path, but there's also an AshHarem variable that you only get if you go down Ash's path but you've also gone down Val, Rebecca or Jade paths.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes