StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Hey Smarmint, Oath of Loyalty is being worked on by someone now. I'd add to your list...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. You become numb after awhile.

Also would mention STWADev as he has completed a game and has one he is actively developing. But there really are too few people that can be counted on to complete their games.
You have forgotten The Coceter Chronicles. One of THE games in the earlier days.

Reactions: LionHeart 95

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed the new dev can resurrect it. OOL was great, but stopped just as it was getting interesting, IMO.

Absolutely. how could I forget The Author and Unbroken, great examples of a first rate dev. One of the best.

Looking at your addendum, it pains me to read all my favorites like Mad World (I still have hope for this one!), The Redburns, and The Changing Season. Lexi was great too, but I can't count that against Chatterbox (RIP).
Daughter for Dessert and Double Homework, last one being continued on by the devs team after his death.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Yep. I was shocked at first since this one seemed to be going strong, with no hint that it was about to go down the drain. But those of us that have been here awhile can think of a long list of very good and sometimes great games that were abandoned either in their prime, or just when they were starting to get good:

Our Fate, Babysitters, Connected, Reluctant Archon, Reincarnotica, Dr. Amana, Estate Dominate, Primal Instinct, Elysion, Apartment 69, Apartment 96, The Inheritance, Outbreak, Family Man, Galaxy, Vengeance, Oath of Loyalty.

Unfortunately, for every very reliable and consistent dev like Caribdis, Philly, DPC, Runey, Hopes, Perverteer, Rec, DanielsK, Killer7, NeverLucky, or LikesBlondes, there are a ton of devs that do a great job building a fanbase and then all of a sudden just decide one day it's not worth it anymore, and take the money and run, or even worse BS the fans indefinately until their game gets marked abandoned anyway.

A.O.A Academy is just one more failed game to put on the memorial bonfire. It is a shame, just like all the others.

We can all speculate forever, but the suddenness and the total deletion of everything makes me think number one some sort of mental breakdown or burnout where TLG just said screw it, I am done in a rather self-destructive manner, rather than just fade away or take a long break like most other devs, or like others have said maybe sudden family pressure to stop development. We will never know.
You have forgotten Faerin. He is a one of a kind nice dev as well with steady content. Or even The Architect, who has not one great game he completed and has a very disctinct style of developing.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Funny how the thread is way more active this days..
We have zero clue about it, so speculation is mostly gossip.
Let's just hope they are doing fine, and whatever happened is not a really bad thing. Best case scenario, dev just ran with the money.

10xRecoil

Aug 28, 2020
Gentlemen, if you have supported a developer, you haven't done a bad thing.
In fact, you all should be proud and to hell with the narrative that the dev should be supported only if he completes a game. The journey is what matters and sometimes it comes to an abrupt end. We move.

Sep 9, 2021
I hope dev is fine and doing good in personal life. Shit happens, so best of luck to him.
In fact, you all should be proud and to hell with the narrative that the dev should be supported only if he completes a game. The journey is what matters and sometimes it comes to an abrupt end. We move.
Agreed with both of you guys ! People are shitty and they just want and care about what they want.

While dev might have killed his cash cow for some reason, He might be facing some problems and couldn't continue but people are like " He ran away with money
"

No wonder he just chose to disappear. I enjoyed the game and I also wish him best.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You have forgotten The Coceter Chronicles. One of THE games in the earlier days.
Daughter for Dessert and Double Homework, last one being continued on by the devs team after his death.
You have forgotten Faerin. He is a one of a kind nice dev as well with steady content. Or even The Architect, who has not one great game he completed and has a very disctinct style of developing.
I listed the games I'd played and that weren't finished. I never played Coceter Chronicles (that I recall) and both DfD and DH were finished. I didn't list Faerin because I didn't remember him and (now that I've looked him up) I didn't like Mystwood Manor - to put it mildly. I dislike management games in general.

I disagree, when you financially support someone and nothing comes of it that means you wasted your money. Get burned enough and the development community loses out on the support of people who would be generous if they could trust that they'd see a return on their "investment".

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I listed the games I'd played and that weren't finished. I never played Coceter Chronicles (that I recall) and both DfD and DH were finished. I didn't list Faerin because I didn't remember him and (now that I've looked him up) I didn't like Mystwood Manor - to put it mildly. I dislike management games in general.

I disagree, when you financially support someone and nothing comes of it that means you wasted your money. Get burned enough and the development community loses out on the support of people who would be generous if they could trust that they'd see a return on their "investment".
Did you have fun playing the games that you supported? I know I did. So, if you weigh time money against the fun you had, it's still a good deal. I miss the dev I supported that disappeared and I hope they're all safe and sound. But, doesn't mean we as supporters can't be upset. It's only human.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Did you have fun playing the games that you supported? I know I did. So, if you weigh time money against the fun you had, it's still a good deal. I miss the dev I supported that disappeared and I hope they're all safe and sound. But, doesn't mean we as supporters can't be upset. It's only human.
Compared to other completed things I could have spent my money on? In theory? Like books or movies or completed games? I had fun but not enough to justify the expense, thus why I no longer support any games/developers. I will buy games on Steam once they are completed but not until then.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Compared to other completed things I could have spent my money on? In theory? Like books or movies or completed games? I had fun but not enough to justify the expense, thus why I no longer support any games/developers. I will buy games on Steam once they are completed but not until then.
So, let's say you buy a book, you lose it, that means the book was shit, because you didn't get to finish it, even though you thoroughly loved it before losing it.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So, let's say you buy a book, you lose it, that means the book was shit, because you didn't get to finish it, even though you thoroughly loved it before losing it.
Horrid example as I can buy another copy of the book. I can never buy a copy of the completed game if the developer wanders off because completing his project isn't worth the time/effort it would take them.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes