MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Who knows. Maybe they did not wnat to delete it completley? But I get your point.
If it was relatives they may not understand the difference between "delete" versus "unpublish" on Patreon. But really there is nothing but unfounded rumors to support that this wasn't just a case of developer burnout. Burnout is the number one reason for games being placed on hold or abandoned. Whatever the reason I hope the developer is safe and well, RL is more important than anything.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Woah... abondoned out of the blue? What the....

I mean there was NO doubt that he was working hard on chapter 6 and that it was close to a release...

He had a good amount of patreons, could have nearly made a living out of it. (doenst rember exaclty, but he had an income from nearly 4000€ or something liek that?)

Many loved the game, it wasnt the best out there (especially the story was a bit overboard with the mafia thing and the over all strange pace, everything happend in 5 days so far), but had maybe the most loveable cast of girls.

Dont think he lost interest so sudden... and even if he lost interest, he would have done the same all the other devs do... just milk the patreons more without doing any work, just release a wallpaper no and then. But he did no such thing... regualry dev reports and status updates... special renders too... didnt went silent on patreon...

And now his patreon page is off and thats it? Without any news?

VERY strange... either something fishy is going on, or something really bad... but i dont think this a regular case where the dev just lost interest and thats it... cause than the patreon page would still exist. And he would have just gone silent... and not pulled the plug out of the blue like that. (especially with this income behind it)

Commander Paco

Sep 11, 2022
Man, the speculation is going crazy. :cautious:
We only know a handful things right now.

• First thing: unless TLG did it himself, mods here can deem a game abandoned. We'd need clarity from mods on that to know otherwise
  • TLG still has a Patreon account active; however, the project has been unpublished so it looks like he's gone when in reality is that the account is still there
As for said speculation:
  • As far he's know, he's not dead. Let's not assume the worst here...awful rumor to start
  • On previous Patreon posts, TLG has said it himself: he's an introvert and has some personal issues he's dealing with while working on this. Maybe the attention and pressure to deliver took a toll
  • Possible that Patreon pulled the project due to some issue (e.g. copyright, TOS, etc.)...no idea what it could be
  • No logical reason for TLG to pull the plug when much of the work was done for Chap 6. Those of who saw the Patreon post knew how close he was
Let's all give it some time and chill. If it's gone for good, it'll be unfortunate for those of us who enjoyed this, but such is life. We've seen so many projects get abandoned just cause that's what happens. I truly hope TLG is well in RL and things aren't in a bad place. If he needs the time, then I wish him well.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
For the people like me who've followed and supported this game since it debuted this is a devastating blow. This is gonna sting us AOA fans for a long time. This game wasn't perfect, sure, but I'd prefer it over a lot of these so called highly acclaimed games that are out now. Fortunately for me, I've been in this position before, I've seen a lot of games with great potential die out of nowhere. There's really not anything you can do in these situations but I know how to handle it. What I do ask is that the causals in this thread let the people who were connected to this story and these characters both emotionally and financial vent or grieve or do whatever they do to do. They have that right. It's not like this was just some basic game, it was doing well as far as patrons and support, and it developing a huge fan base.

It's a damn shame players will never see Adam get what he deserves but I'm just glad I got to see scenes for the characters I cared about the most. Ashley, Vicki and Jenny.

Lastly, I see that there are a lot of Dick Tracy's, Perry Mason's and Sherlock Holmes here but no one knows exactly what happened to TLG. I'm not going to play detective and try to solve anything because it's pointless. All I'm gonna do is chalk this up to Shit Happens folder.

TitanMax

Chief Biscuit Dunker
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Easy to say when it's not your favorite game :cry: , but yep we can't change anything.
Tbh it's more of the fact that I don't get attached since I've seen a lot of these occurrences where a lot of games with great potential die out of nowhere. There's really not anything you can do in these situations. In reference to your statement, no, I'll still act the same when it's my fav game because I'm already numb, shit happens. We just gotta move on.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
I need someone to make a multiverse game. And use the exact same Rebecca in another set up. But keep everything that makes her Rebecca. The piano, the swimming, the shyness... She doesnt have to be the main LI either.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Man, the speculation is going crazy. :cautious:
We only know a handful things right now.

• First thing: unless TLG did it himself, mods here can deem a game abandoned. We'd need clarity from mods on that to know otherwise
  • TLG still has a Patreon account active; however, the project has been unpublished so it looks like he's gone when in reality is that the account is still there
As for said speculation:
  • As far he's know, he's not dead. Let's not assume the worst here...awful rumor to start
  • On previous Patreon posts, TLG has said it himself: he's an introvert and has some personal issues he's dealing with while working on this. Maybe the attention and pressure to deliver took a toll
  • Possible that Patreon pulled the project due to some issue (e.g. copyright, TOS, etc.)...no idea what it could be
  • No logical reason for TLG to pull the plug when much of the work was done for Chap 6. Those of who saw the Patreon post knew how close he was
Let's all give it some time and chill. If it's gone for good, it'll be unfortunate for those of us who enjoyed this, but such is life. We've seen so many projects get abandoned just cause that's what happens. I truly hope TLG is well in RL and things aren't in a bad place. If he needs the time, then I wish him well.
The patron account is not accessible or searchable on patron, I can not even message the creator. even my old post are gone.
it was dropped from my feed so it is gone (at least for now)

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes