3.70 star(s) 36 Votes
Aug 8, 2016
The ends justified the means.
Personally I don't view this as an NTR thing at all, I view it more as a "you risked my very existence to get your rocks off with my mom" - issue.

Obviously the effects seems to have ended up being a major improvement for the MC's family (at least from what we've seen so far, obviously more time-traveling will happen). But I do appreciate that the MC at least is pissed off with her. She ditched him stranded after going back in time, then hooks up with his mom behind his back and then accidentally makes him win the time-lottery. Sure it seems to have turned out well for him, it could also have caused him to to do a Marty Mcfly and fade out of existence. Obviously this story isn't supposed to be scrutinized too much, but it was still definitely a dick move on her part. :p

Now, I also don't think pitch forks are needed and people are taking things too seriously. But then again, this is also the Internet so that's a given :whistle:

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
I get why people are angry. I mean I think the game hast great parts, draw book and co I really liked. But Kim was not a good friend at all from the beginning. She just drags him along whereever she pleases. Forgets about appointment for a class she dragged him in and so on. So yeah you could kinda see it coming. Just throw her back to the future next updates and good to go ^^

I played thorugh it once again, since it take not much time. My suggestion is, just change out the male MC, honestly how often that guy slips up with speech in front of his younger family and how he gets pushed around by all females so far...need to play something good ^^ I honestly think devs should spend more time on the main character. Most of the games the Male MC annoys the shit out of me. If retards like that could get girls that easy we would have double the population...

Last edited:

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
You know that the MC will end up fucking all the female characters in the game, right?
Will he though? I don't think there is any doubt/argument that Kim is the Alpha in the "friendship", and the MC is obviously a Beta. I suppose Kim could share with the MC some of her conquests, or allow him watch her bang whatever women he is fantasizing over at the moment.
If the MC gets to be with anyone, it'll be because Kim hasn't gotten to her yet, or she allows him to try first.

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
Will he though? I don't think there is any doubt/argument that Kim is the Alpha in the "friendship", and the MC is obviously a Beta. I suppose Kim could share with the MC some of her conquests, or allow him watch her bang whatever women he is fantasizing over at the moment.
If the MC gets to be with anyone, it'll be because Kim hasn't gotten to her yet, or she allows him to try first.
The MC will get his way with them but I can see her changes to the past by sleeping with the girls etc will get him better interactions with women of the present. But yeah the MC himself has virtually no personality. He's always reacting while KIM feels like the actual protagonist and drives the plot.

Reactions: Aelth and Nightless

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
The Dev slipped up its that simple.
He see's the whole picture we don't as some have said and it's true its his story after all.
But it's also what blinds people to him the original water tower scene made sence it was part of his plot and titilation for the reader's who otherwise would only get a blow job scene to keep them going.
He had it all planned how the MC would be hurt but not crushed and how Kim might reflect on it see her mistake and true to redeem herself to the MC and I guess part of that would be saving his life.
And of corse as he knows the whole story it all makes sence to him except there is something the DEV missed in his vision of the future.
What he missed is that the original scene is not a slight mistake or minor set back but a deal breaking mistake by Kim.
He possibly rightly or wrongly prosumes as is the case for most that as Kim is female that would make it more acceptible .
And if he later shows it wasn't just Kim fault but maybe the mother pushed Kim into it alittle then even better and It all turned out great for mom and MC in the end right? how could you possibly hate that.

The problem however comes from the fact most players myself included.
We didn't see it that way what we see isn't a just girl she's a best friend one we asked not to go after our mom.
what we see is our best friend totaly Ignore our feelings and instead we find her banging our mom infront of us despite requesting in not so many words that she woudn't.
It dosen't really matter if it was Kims idea or mom's its Kim that went along with it anyway.

But we supossed to think its not that bad because we got a better life but maybe the better life is not because of Kim's actions but despite Kim's actions either way if it was because of Kim its just lucky coincidence not by designe on her part.
In fact there is nothing to say things wouldn't of been better anyway with the MC's life just because he brought Penny to the water tower.
Only Dev knows if it was or wasn't as simple as that.

But this is the really Important part you see as from that moment on what we see is an x-best friend who betrayed us.
Then what we see is the same x-best friend try to pass the blame and attack us and thats when she's really go's from being an X to now being dead to us.

But the DEV has a plan worked out on how we will all forgive her the problem is that this plan is based on the DEV's idea of how bad the betrayal was and not our idea of how bad the betrayal was.
And the DEV saying but she makes up for it and even manages to saves the MC's life too boot only works if they contiue the adventure together.

But thats the problem she can't redeem herself anyway.
But lets say for the sake of the argument she could possibly redeem herself and save the MC's life.
It's not going to happen because its not possible ro redeem yourself and save the MC's life if she is nolonger alowed to be in the MC's life or anywhere near him which is what the betrayal by Kim would of meant had it reamained unchanged.
Given the chioce what would of happend had most of the players had the option is they would of boot kim to the kurb already.

So no possible redemtion and no life saving.
not at all what the Dev had planed i'm sure.

Don't get me wrong I like the game just not much of a Kim fan and can't see how if that scene had remained unchanged the Dev could of got me to change my mind about Kim but would of atleast given it a go.

Now I'm prosuming if the MC stands any hope with the mom and penny its gonna be in the past to effect the future because right now they give me the impression he wouldn't even get a sniff at a chance with thme in the present.

Just Saying

Vibescu

May 16, 2017
Too many assumptions without considering the developer's style. Have you ever played his games before F.I.L.F.? It would be curious to read the reactions if The Artifact was published now.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm guessing i'm not the only one who find it hilarious that here basically we are playing every incest game's "mc's best friend (MBF)" character. Youknow, the MBF is the one who the mc (like it or not to admit) cucks left and right but the good little MBF they are after a little butthurt they always forgive so the mc could cuck them repeatadly from there on and turn their mom, sister, aunt and sometimes even their love interest into his harem. Except here its a her. But seriously, isn't it like that?

My questions is this going to be a latent-cuck latent-femdom game later on? I don't mind but i would like to know if i should tag along or just leave now. I mean cuck femdom games are not my thing.

Or what if i don't want to forgive? Completely irrelevant whether i should or not due to moral reasons but what if i don't want to. In the end i guess it all boils down to the same deal. Are we playing MBF for Kim's story here or that will change? I mean lets review this. Kim saves the day, Kim takes care of us, Kim cucks us, Kim needs to be forgiven for this because Kim indebts us with our very life. Awfully lot of KIM and suprisingly little mc here. Thats why i'm curious.

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
I don't think this game is for me.
1. The 'hero' is less interesting than a potato, it's like he's Matt Damon from Team America but under heavy sedation and in the middle of having a stroke
2. The side characters are either annoying or annoying, and sometimes for a change they are annoying
3. I'm stuck, because of reasons 1&2 I find myself zoning out entirely when they talking and I never have any idea what it is I'm supposed to do, so I just randomly move from area to area zoning out whatever is there

Not sure how the game has the rating it does ... but good luck to it

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
The Dev slipped up its that simple.
He see's the whole picture we don't as some have said and it's true its his story after all.
But it's also what blinds people to him the original water tower scene made sence it was part of his plot and titilation for the reader's who otherwise would only get a blow job scene to keep them going.
He had it all planned how the MC would be hurt but not crushed and how Kim might reflect on it see her mistake and true to redeem herself to the MC and I guess part of that would be saving his life.
And of corse as he knows the whole story it all makes sence to him except there is something the DEV missed in his vision of the future.
What he missed is that the original scene is not a slight mistake or minor set back but a deal breaking mistake by Kim.
He possibly rightly or wrongly prosumes as is the case for most that as Kim is female that would make it more acceptible .
And if he later shows it wasn't just Kim fault but maybe the mother pushed Kim into it alittle then even better and It all turned out great for mom and MC in the end right? how could you possibly hate that.

The problem however comes from the fact most players myself included.
We didn't see it that way what we see isn't a just girl she's a best friend one we asked not to go after our mom.
what we see is our best friend totaly Ignore our feelings and instead we find her banging our mom infront of us despite requesting in not so many words that she woudn't.
It dosen't really matter if it was Kims idea or mom's its Kim that went along with it anyway.

But we supossed to think its not that bad because we got a better life but maybe the better life is not because of Kim's actions but despite Kim's actions either way if it was because of Kim its just lucky coincidence not by designe on her part.
In fact there is nothing to say things wouldn't of been better anyway with the MC's life just because he brought Penny to the water tower.
Only Dev knows if it was or wasn't as simple as that.

But this is the really Important part you see as from that moment on what we see is an x-best friend who betrayed us.
Then what we see is the same x-best friend try to pass the blame and attack us and thats when she's really go's from being an X to now being dead to us.

But the DEV has a plan worked out on how we will all forgive her the problem is that this plan is based on the DEV's idea of how bad the betrayal was and not our idea of how bad the betrayal was.
And the DEV saying but she makes up for it and even manages to saves the MC's life too boot only works if they contiue the adventure together.

But thats the problem she can't redeem herself anyway.
But lets say for the sake of the argument she could possibly redeem herself and save the MC's life.
It's not going to happen because its not possible ro redeem yourself and save the MC's life if she is nolonger alowed to be in the MC's life or anywhere near him which is what the betrayal by Kim would of meant had it reamained unchanged.
Given the chioce what would of happend had most of the players had the option is they would of boot kim to the kurb already.

So no possible redemtion and no life saving.
not at all what the Dev had planed i'm sure.

Don't get me wrong I like the game just not much of a Kim fan and can't see how if that scene had remained unchanged the Dev could of got me to change my mind about Kim but would of atleast given it a go.

Now I'm prosuming if the MC stands any hope with the mom and penny its gonna be in the past to effect the future because right now they give me the impression he wouldn't even get a sniff at a chance with thme in the present.

Just Saying
Exactly! It's not about who'll bang the most women in the end. She knew that if the MC found out what she's doing it would hurt him and she did it anyway, for her own selfish reasons, without giving a flying fuck about him! Not until she got caught at least...

When I played the original version, I found that scene annoying, but it was just that. I genuinely thought it was the dev's intention to make her unlikeable and have the MC lose his trust on her for future plot-related reasons. When I saw a new update so close to the previous one, I checked the comments to see if there's any new content or just bugfixes and realised that there was a small shitstorm going on about that scene (it probably pissed off a lot of patrons, for the dev to go in all that trouble and change it), but what really caught me off guard was when I read that we were supposed to like Kim! Yeah, who doesn't like a friend who's ready to stab him in the back just to get laid? Would the MC do the same thing? I don't know, that's up to the dev, but even if he did, that wouldn't make Kim any more likeable, it would just make him unlikeable too! There are a lot of games where people complain about the MC being a douchebag, it wouldn't be anything new.

For some people, having a close friend break their trust is way worse than getting cheated by their significant other. Ok, we are talking about an incest themed adult game, so we shouldn't look too deep into it, but if you want people to like someone, I don't think having them betray the main character is the right way to do it...

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Exactly! It's not about who'll bang the most women in the end. She knew that if the MC found out what she's doing it would hurt him and she did it anyway, for her own selfish reasons, without giving a flying fuck about him! Not until she got caught at least...

When I played the original version, I found that scene annoying, but it was just that. I genuinely thought it was the dev's intention to make her unlikeable and have the MC lose his trust on her for future plot-related reasons. When I saw a new update so close to the previous one, I checked the comments to see if there's any new content or just bugfixes and realised that there was a small shitstorm going on about that scene (it probably pissed off a lot of patrons, for the dev to go in all that trouble and change it), but what really caught me off guard was when I read that we were supposed to like Kim! Yeah, who doesn't like a friend who's ready to stab him in the back just to get laid? Would the MC do the same thing? I don't know, that's up to the dev, but even if he did, that wouldn't make Kim any more likeable, it would just make him unlikeable too! There are a lot of games where people complain about the MC being a douchebag, it wouldn't be anything new.

For some people, having a close friend break their trust is way worse than getting cheated by their significant other. Ok, we are talking about an incest themed adult game, so we shouldn't look too deep into it, but if you want people to like someone, I don't think having them betray the main character is the right way to do it...
As far as I can understand scene was changed to avoid Kim being so unlikable that people would quit the game because they have to interact with her for story reasons. The change wasnt supposed to make you like her right now but more like bear with her until she grows on you in future updates.

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
As far as I can understand scene was changed to avoid Kim being so unlikable that people would quit the game because they have to interact with her for story reasons. The change wasnt supposed to make you like her right now but more like bear with her until she grows on you in future updates.
Yeah, that's what I understand too, but honestly it doesn't change much for me. I still find her a selfish bitch who doesn't really care for the MC, but that's probably because I played the original version first, so the rewrite felt more like what would have happened if the MC got there ten minutes earlier than the original version, rather than a "it was just a kiss" situation. I'll still follow the game, I like the premise, I just really dislike Kim now.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
*sigh* this is one of the reasons why I don't like patron-backed games... The dev(s) is not really in charge. I guess the mc in incest games have to be an alpha male from the even if he is a creep like the one in e.g Restore Her Career. it's only the 0.02b version of the game jeez... let the character and story evolve instead making assumptions. Doesn't mean that I'm not mad at Kim though for the time being.

Clever from the dev with how you can't save on the clock tower scene, seems damage control are prepared beforehand. Though how much it is effective I don't know.

Reactions: MrDL

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, that's what I understand too, but honestly it doesn't change much for me. I still find her a selfish bitch who doesn't really care for the MC, but that's probably because I played the original version first, so the rewrite felt more like what would have happened if the MC got there ten minutes earlier than the original version, rather than a "it was just a kiss" situation. I'll still follow the game, I like the premise, I just really dislike Kim now.
I considered her unforgivable in original version but after scene was toned down my opinion changed. I surely find her personality annoying but I believe she cares about mc. That tower scene is now more like reckless attempt to help mother of her best friend which wouldnt escalate further instead of her just using the situation to get laid. She messed up doing it without mc approval and not taking possibility of altering future seriously but since she had good intentions I will let it go once she acknowledge that she was wrong.

At least thats how I see it after exchanging few lines with the dev in discord.

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Hey we should really not be that hard on Kim, I mean come on she lost her favorite Jacket...

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
hmm, i played these two versions(0.02a and 0.02b) not until the end.
i played again from the beginning(wich I tought was good before) but it dawned to me kim was from the beginning a selfish bitch.

prank in photography class (wrong answer giving), not really worried about health after the fall in the hole, instead of the pic's for the mc(to pass his exam) she hang out in the library because of stupid things... this would be the reasons 4me to drop a so called good friend.

i try, i really try..but better i wait a few updates before i touch this game again and feel shit :cautious:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Well well well.
Now it's my turn tio whine and complain.
WTF was this change a to b necessary!
Deprived of a bit of scissor sisters makes no sense whatsoever!
Kimmy may be an arrogant and conniving gal but she's the MCs BF!
She's hot for ladies and when given the chance she jumps right down muff diving.
End result? Same! BJ Penny and mom found each other.
MCs a naive fuck and that's one of the main points in this story.
The narrative is brought forward by others, not him!

Reactions: Penfold Mole

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I considered her unforgivable in original version but after scene was toned down my opinion changed. I surely find her personality annoying but I believe she cares about mc. That tower scene is now more like reckless attempt to help mother of her best friend which wouldnt escalate further instead of her just using the situation to get laid. She messed up doing it without mc approval and not taking possibility of altering future seriously but since she had good intentions I will let it go once she acknowledge that she was wrong.

At least thats how I see it after exchanging few lines with the dev in discord.
Sure, if I had only played v0.02b I would have probably agreed with you, but I unfortunately played the original version, so for me it will always feel like the only reason she didn't bang the MC's mother, in the new one, was because he interupted her. I have no idea what the dev wanted to achieve with that scene (like I said, I actually thought the whole point was for us to dislike Kim), and I don't know what you talked about with him, but I'll always expect her to stab the MC in the back, in every chance she gets from now on. The game is annoyingly focused on her anyway, so she'll definitely pull more shit in the future.
What has been seen cannot be unseen, the road to hell is full of good intentions, "insert random quote about betrayal here" and all that...

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes