kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Most of the stuff coming from JP that is translated is "edited MTL".

The name of the company/person translated is what guarantees quality or not, and in this case, depravity's translation of the first Amayui was perfect.
alchemy meister was the first and last attempt at selling to the west so ofc the translation was "perfect" but it failed as they put it

• Angry
Reactions: Chambs

Dharael

Jul 28, 2018
When i want to run AGE.exe there was issue about not finding MFC file. I use Local Emulator and still not working. Any suggestion?

1644956493881.png

Chambs

Jun 3, 2020
alchemy meister was the first and last attempt at selling to the west so ofc the translation was "perfect" but it failed as they put it
Kamidori alchemy meister was not translated by the same guy that translated both amayui games, and it was not translated by Eushully itself or ever sold in the west.

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
It was no such thing. Alchemy Meister was just a fan translation project and to the best of my knowledge, Eushully hasn't ever tried to sell to the west ever.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
well even if im wrong it was done by a site that no longer exists so they can only say they helped at this point since most jap-eng get the stop request but from what i learned alchemy miester was sold to the west and was a failed attempt so it was stopped be it fan or otherwise

Yui78

Apr 25, 2018
well even if im wrong it was done by a site that no longer exists so they can only say they helped at this point since most jap-eng get the stop request but from what i learned alchemy miester was sold to the west and was a failed attempt so it was stopped be it fan or otherwise
I remember playing it from start to finish almost completely (except a sorta post game dungeon which was too tiring long) and the translation,which if i remember correctly was FAN made (i'm 90% positive on this :LOL:),at least to me , was quite good (nothing to share with the MTL half crap of nowdays )
Back on this game topic, how bad is it? (the MTL i mean ) Is it bearable ?

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
I remember playing it from start to finish almost completely (except a sorta post game dungeon which was too tiring long) and the translation,which if i remember correctly was FAN made (i'm 90% positive on this :LOL:),at least to me , was quite good (nothing to share with the MTL half crap of nowdays )
i played till i maxed out everyone i don't dispute the translation its a fun game but it explains why everything else is a fan translation and not as good

Dharael

Jul 28, 2018
You need to change system locale to Japanese. no idea what that says though
I wrote i used local emulator - it working on other japanese games (like prequel of amayui) and all time works. I translate before this error in my previous post (missing file in dll library)

Gasv89

May 8, 2020
You can follow the progress of the translation on Depravity blog (yes, it is the same one that translated amayui castle meister) the translation is updated and corrected almost daily so always check the new version in the google driver link

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
I wrote i used local emulator - it working on other japanese games (like prequel of amayui) and all time works. I translate before this error in my previous post (missing file in dll library)
game works so either download failed or you didnt install jp language files or no jap local its that simple

Dharael

Jul 28, 2018
game works so either download failed or you didnt install jp language files or no jap local its that simple
i know its works, because there is only few people wrote something like me.
As i said in your quote - i had it all, becasue i was playing other jp games without problem. So no, its not that simple. I check in internet and cant find any solution and I wrote that so maybe someone know the right answer. Just dont write "is that simple" if you dont have it.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Does this game do the weird thing Kamidori did where it basically had routes for the main heroines which got undermined by the fact that the MC was just openly fucking all the non-major party members with no qualms and with some pretty silly pretenses for why despite supposedly only loving the heroine of the route you were on?

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time before people caught on to this. I was wondering where the surge of new users to the Discord server came from.

Personally will wait for the translation of H scenes, I guess in less than 2 months they will be translated. After that... it's party time!.

Will entertain myself replaying kamidori alchemy meister, I kind of like to replay that game from time to time.
Scenes are already being worked on, but will take some time since I shifted work priorities, making scene translation more of a side thing.

The Drive link actually has some scenes available though and more will be available as I complete them.

lol the first castle meister took like 4-5 years to be translated, i can say im excited to see this just hoping the translation is decent at least since its edited mtl
This was more because no one wanted to do Castle Meister for quite a while, then two people opted to do some form of dialogue translation. ZAP's project ultimately died while mine ended up being the most "complete" version.

Most of the stuff coming from JP that is translated is "edited MTL".

The name of the company/person translated is what guarantees quality or not, and in this case, depravity's translation of the first Amayui was perfect.
Honestly, looking back on it, particularly through Jake's streams, there are a number of things I'd probably tweak at the very least when it comes to my older translations. I don't think it's worth doing, especially since I don't have a nice, clean Google Sheet with all the lines available like with Labyrinth Meister, but the TL work was hardly perfect and I doubt this one is either.

...I do think I improved the quality this time though, so skeptics of the edited MTL can feel free to interpret that as they please.

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean by it was done by a site that no longer exists. Alchemy Miester was translated by an anime blogger and the blog (and forums to post about the translations) . There was never any attempt to sell the game and it was just one of multiple translation projects released by them.

Liquidacid

Aug 16, 2017
i know its works, because there is only few people wrote something like me.
As i said in your quote - i had it all, becasue i was playing other jp games without problem. So no, its not that simple. I check in internet and cant find any solution and I wrote that so maybe someone know the right answer. Just dont write "is that simple" if you dont have it.
The error is usually because you don't have the Japanese language pack installed properly. Go to setting/language and make sure the pack is installed under your preferred languages.

Game did it to me to because apparently last time I ran file clean-up it deleted it seeing it as extra unused language files.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote