Xr8edfalcon

Jan 22, 2021
Sorry, but that is simply false. You can see the rules here, scroll down to "Prefix Definitions".

The Abandoned-Tag is applied, once a game has been effectively abandoned for three months. That means: No updates AND no news, either on here or the developers Patreon, Subscribestar, own website, etc.

All the Devs have to do is to swing by here and tag the game as "On Hold", sidelining it for however long they want. But this Dev, instead, chose to go completely silent on ALL Platforms the Mods could check. His twitter hadn't talked about the game in three months, and even that sounded like he's only referencing an earlier broken promise. His own Website mentions a Developement-Pause from two years ago, but doesn't mention anything about it being on Hold right now. And IF these posts about a Scene-Poll on his Patreon talk about this being worked on again, it's hidden behind the paywall.

So, neither is this the mods fault, nor do "we all know it isn't abandoned". Because we don't. I certainly can't see ANY public statement about his progress regarding 0.07 or his intent to even start working on it. IMHO, the Abandoned-Tag is rightly earned.
luxee announced that it was on hold until the last update to Parental love was completed and released. This was well communicated. the abandoned tag was put on the day for the 3 month period where there was no update posted about THIS game, even though it was clearly communicated that it was on hold. The eagerness to apply the Abandoned tag to this is fkn confusing seeing as the mods were so damn reluctant to apply it to games like Milfy City and are still reluctant to apply it to Waifu Academy even after years of either inactivity, or just in time discord or patreon posts with useless info.

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
The eagerness to apply the Abandoned tag to this is fkn confusing
Even more so, for the fact that Dev posted when PL was done that they were starting up A69 again. It was only 87 days after that post when the Abandon prefix was slapped on the game. Think in was on Dev website on Progress Tracker which was again updated 11AUG2022

xanonxmousx

Jan 26, 2022
Even though I'm new to F95 and VNs in general, I agree that the abandoned tag seems to have been used here too eagerly while other games haven't had the same treatment. Just my $0.02.

Either way I hope Luxee is still making good progress and I am excited for updates to this game. Gonna patreon this guy. PL was fantastic and so is this game, so far.

Last edited:

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
Even though I'm new to F95 and VNs in general, I agree that the abandoned tag seems to have been used here too eagerly while other games haven't had the same treatment. Just my $0.02.

Either way I hope Luxee is still making good progress and I am excited for updates to this game. Gonna patreon this guy. PL was fantastic and so is this game, so far.
It's probably just there's multiple mods and some may realize that this isn't abandoned but all it takes is one to press the button. Why they won't change it is the dumb part.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Part of the problem is the Progress is reported on Luxee's web site or Discord and apparently F95 ignores those sources. Has to be something on SubscribeStar or the inbred-monkey-fucking-Patre-shit for them to alter the tag

• Sad
Reactions: Rutonat
Oct 22, 2017
The Abandoned Tag won't get changed until the next update comes out
That's the second part of the problem.
Only show wallpapers or say there is a delay for years - no problem, you did a game update, no abandonment there.
Get the tag for whatever stupid reason (even acknowledged by mods) - and it won't go away regardless of what you do until a real content update is released.
Makes total sense to handle this differently.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Makes total sense to handle this differently.
IME policies like this generally come about because a more fine-tuned approach would be overwhelmed. Like, they don't want every dev whose game gets the tag pleading to be treated as a special case because etc. So no special cases at all.

It's unfortunate, but the update's due in the next month or so and at that point it's all moot. Don't stress imo.

Reactions: unknown78
Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, no matter what rule you set up, it will never do what you want it to do in every single instance.

But the discrepancy between "He posted only wallpapers for years, but consistently, game not abandoned" and "He posted his update on the wrong website, abandoned until the game files are updated" is quite baffling.

I'm not stressing about it, but it seems like some kind of "Dormant" tag as in-between might be helpful. If there is no content update for X -> "dormant" if the communication breaks down completely -> "abandoned". "Abandoned" and communication comes back up/users show evidence it never broke down -> "dormant". A content update gets released -> tag is removed.
Sounds much cleaner to me - it is admittedly more work to keep every thread's tags up to date that way though.

If a tag when being present should first be searched for in the thread to find out if it is actually accurate, or its absence means I have to look for the last update date and then search for a devs release schedule/how toxic the thread is before knowing if the game is actually still worked at, something is wrong with the way that tag is handled.

I didn't really have a problem with that myself until now, but that's mostly luck(y timing), but there are enough threads with people that do or get barked at because they did trust the tag system but the thread residents got annoyed/sensitive because it happens all the time.

RamseZ76

Apr 24, 2022
Yo guys, got a Problem. As soon as i am putting the uncensor patch into the game folder, the game doesnt start. When i tried without it worked, any ideas?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
sometimes it's hard for me to believe that this game is from the same dev as PL, I like PL but this game is a thousand times better written imo

Reactions: Damien8d

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
sometimes it's hard for me to believe that this game is from the same dev as PL, I like PL but this game is a thousand times better written imo
That's what you call experience. Luxee was already quite deep into PL when they started this one, so it makes sense they'd have a bit more experience. Also there might be some impact from the fact it's not the same style of game.

Reactions: Zekethor

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Um, I have seen someone on this site post update when, literally under a post about the next update, which had an estimated release date, so no, no fucker can be bothered reading or searching.
Reading takes too much effort to learn. They come here illiterate to play text based games. (y):KEK:

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes