Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
I try to start game but text slanted and gives me a windows error, any help appreciated
Reasons for that usually include:
-Installing a mod that isn't for the current version of the game.
-Having saves from a previously modded version of the game and trying to load them without the mod for current version.

Either way a clean install should work properly. Go to %appdata% (or C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming), you should haave a Renpy folder and inside you should find the area69 folder. Delete it and try again with the base game.

Or, if you know it's a mod issue, contact the mod creator.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I'm playing this game for 3 yrs now, and I can asure you that there is no mod needed, the Money and the expierece gain are well paced and made that you can fit them in ,the Day to day ingame, example if you want to continue the Vampire quest, you can do the Champion quest and the Video quest, so you raise your strenght, finishing them allows you to get ahead with the Vampires etc. etc.
just saying,

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

Oral-sexdemon

Oct 1, 2022
Reasons for that usually include:
-Installing a mod that isn't for the current version of the game.
-Having saves from a previously modded version of the game and trying to load them without the mod for current version.

Either way a clean install should work properly. Go to %appdata% (or C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming), you should haave a Renpy folder and inside you should find the area69 folder. Delete it and try again with the base game.

Or, if you know it's a mod issue, contact the mod creator.
First off, thanks for the help, I went ahead and deletes what you told me to, reinstalled, still the same issue, does it matter what program I use to extract it, maybe? I noticed the game doesn't have certain files in it like other games as well like images

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
First off, thanks for the help, I went ahead and deletes what you told me to, reinstalled, still the same issue, does it matter what program I use to extract it, maybe? I noticed the game doesn't have certain files in it like other games as well like images
Are you playing on Android ? I'm wondering

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Nope, thinking about it tho if I can't get it to work on windows
Did you check if dammed WinAntivirus did not blacklist RenPy Exe ? Happend a lot lately, I had no problems with starting game up in Windows, also did you (I'm sure you did) try to run as Admin?

Oral-sexdemon

Oct 1, 2022
Did you check if dammed WinAntivirus did not blacklist RenPy Exe ? Happend a lot lately, I had no problems with starting game up in Windows, also did you (I'm sure you did) try to run as Admin?
Ran as administrator and looked thru windows firewall, didn't even show up as a program, I don't understand how I could be the only one with this problem it's never happened with any other game before

Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
It's definitely strange. If you're playing just the base game you shouldn't have any issues as long as windefender didn't flag/delete any files. The firewall shouldn't matter either way.
Are you running the correct exe? Renpy games have 2 exes, one for 64-bit OS and another for 32-bit. If one isn't working try the other?

Reactions: xapican

Oral-sexdemon

Oct 1, 2022
It's definitely strange. If you're playing just the base game you shouldn't have any issues as long as windefender didn't flag/delete any files. The firewall shouldn't matter either way.
Are you running the correct exe? Renpy games have 2 exes, one for 64-bit OS and another for 32-bit. If one isn't working try the other?
Yep tried both of em, like I said the text gets extremely stretched and slanted as well, if that at all helps

Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
I honestly don't know what could be going on. Especially since you're saying this doesn't happen with other renpy games. I guess I'd try to use unren to unpack everything and see if that helps anything.
You can also try pressing "A" and changing the font/renderer?

Oral-sexdemon

Oct 1, 2022
I honestly don't know what could be going on. Especially since you're saying this doesn't happen with other renpy games. I guess I'd try to use unren to unpack everything and see if that helps anything.
You can also try pressing "A" and changing the font/renderer?
Yeah weird fs, I'll try to extract it with unren, like I said thanks for the help

Reactions: xapican
3.90 star(s) 98 Votes