Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
On an entirely unrelated note, did anyone else notice the dates on Kindra's driver's license make no sense?
View attachment 2117646
Even if we assume this is an old license that still counts as a valid ID, it would have expired 2 years before she was legally old enough to drive in California. :confused: Oh, and it claims she has no restrictions even though that would have been during high school when we know she had absurdly thick glasses.

Presumably one or both of those dates is a typo.
Well, since California Drivers License's are MM/DD/YYYY I'm thinking the year is just left out (but I could be wrong, and it still is odd, since most of the time they expire on your birthday)

Reactions: ename144

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Usually places with elevators also have stairs for safety reasons. Not saying the stairs can't be locked down, but in the event of a fire or other such events (like a power outage), easy exit is preferred.

Kovir123

Aug 22, 2020
I'm a bit disappointed with the option of forgiving Cassandra and accepting the contract to help her finish the project. (I suppose it could be a point where she would stop being a rival at a certain point) what seems uncomfortable to me is that mc must lower himself to treat her like the garbage that she is as a person and force her to have relationships in a very wild way despite of all the damage she has done to him. I would have preferred an option where mc was more human and would only sign the contract for help her finish her project. I'm being unrealistic in considering this as a possible outcome?

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I'm a bit disappointed with the option of forgiving Cassandra and accepting the contract to help her finish the project. (I suppose it could be a point where she would stop being a rival at a certain point) what seems uncomfortable to me is that mc must lower himself to treat her like the garbage that she is as a person and force her to have relationships in a very wild way despite of all the damage she has done to him. I would have preferred an option where mc was more human and would only sign the contract for help her finish her project. I'm being unrealistic in considering this as a possible outcome?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't know if you've played out any of the available options, but you might want to make some saves and see what they are. Unless you actually WANT Vulvamort to succeed, you might be less disappointed than you think ...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's so weird to read that when really Cassie has litterally been the cause of every good things that happen to MC, even if that was not her purpose to help him. Plus, as your point it out yourself, she is never winning, which in theory should decrease the hate some people have for her. Without her there would be no story to begin with. It's thanks to her that MC meet Claire and June, has time to work on Artemis (since he got fired because of her), has the excuse of commitment issues to fuck around with the sorority girls... hell he wouldn't even had met the sorority girls without June, who he met because of Cassie in the first place... it's also because of Cassie that Reina feel guilty and let herself get closer to MC etc etc (I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff). Even her betrayal is the very thing that start the story. A lot of things wouldn't have happened without this character. PLUS it's fun to mock her and be mean to her because she's such a bitch.
I really don't understand why you people want to get rid of her... I understand not wanting to fuck her... but get rid of her would really just be plain stupid. She's the unwilling cause of many good things that happen, she never wins, she's blinded by her insecurities AND it's fun to mock her.
First of all, Cassie badmouthing the MC to Reina didn't help in the slightest; he could always have quit the job if he wanted to work on Artemis instead. That would have the added advantage of Reina not needing to lay off her interns, too.

Second, giving Cassandra credit for any good thing that happens to the MC regardless of how much she tried to prevent those good things in the first place is insane. The MC quite literally tried to kill himself after Cassie backstabbed him. The only reason any nice things happened to him after that is because of Doctor K and June went out of their way to help put him back together. If you insist on giving Cassie credit for causing the circumstances that made those friendships possible then you also need to deduct credit for all the alternative friendships the MC didn't make during the 2-3 years he was practically bluescreened. I don't think that tally ends in Cassie's favor.

As for being fun to mock her, I can't agree. It's too easy to feel like an accomplishment and too little too late to make up for all the pain she caused. I don't want to stoop to her level and gloat, I just want her gone. The less time we waste on Cassie and her asshole partners the more time we can spend with the characters that make this game enjoyable.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
First of all, Cassie badmouthing the MC to Reina didn't help in the slightest; he could always have quit the job if he wanted to work on Artemis instead. That would have the added advantage of Reina not needing to lay off her interns, too.

Second, giving Cassandra credit for any good thing that happens to the MC regardless of how much she tried to prevent those good things in the first place is insane. The MC quite literally tried to kill himself after Cassie backstabbed him. The only reason any nice things happened to him after that is because of Doctor K and June went out of their way to help put him back together. If you insist on giving Cassie credit for causing the circumstances that made those friendships possible then you also need to deduct credit for all the alternative friendships the MC didn't make during the 2-3 years he was practically bluescreened. I don't think that tally ends in Cassie's favor.

As for being fun to mock her, I can't agree. It's too easy to feel like an accomplishment and too little too late to make up for all the pain she caused. I don't want to stoop to her level and gloat, I just want her gone. The less time we waste on Cassie and her asshole partners the more time we can spend with the characters that make this game enjoyable.
You are kinda missing my point. There's no credit to give to what she's done, I'm telling you that almost everything she does fuel the story, it makes it move on. Without her, nothing happens. Without her, no Claire or June, no sorority, nothing. Without her, no spending times with "the characters that make this game enjoyable".

You're just seeing this like it's real life madude. I love stories and I'll be the last to tell you "relax it's just a story" but the fact is : this is a story. Cassie is a bad person, but she's also a good character. A person like this in real life, I would also want her gone instead of mocking her. But here we're talking about a story. Getting rid of her would only hurt the story. She is not threatening enough to be frustrating and lot of things she does has a positive impact on the story in one way or another, even though that's not what "she" wants.

It's funny to see her go through the window, it's enjoyable to see her struggling because she's not good enough to finish her project without MC and watching her pay the cost of her betrayal, it's interesting to watch her work on her project and compare that to how MC works on Artemis, it's heartwarming to see all the girls trying to make MC feel better (which would not happen without Cassie), it's etc.... Get rid of her and you just delete a whole good chunk of everything that makes the story the actual story, and a whole good chunk of what makes the MC the MC. She makes a lot of things enjoyable just by how bad and mean she is because she unwillingly end up being beneficial to the story and to MC's relationships, which is more of a victory than just "getting rid of her" would be. Works IRL too : getting stronger and better is the ultimate victory against people who try /tried/are trying to ruin you.

I am not giving her credits for anything because she doesn't do it "on purpose" and I very much don't want her to get what she seeks, I'm however giving credits to the dev for a well-made antagonist. My point being : she is a big part of the story and without her it would all be completely different. Now, to that point, and since she is a bitch that we can't get rid of anyway, the next best thing is to make fun of her. Better to laugh than to whine, it usually feels better.

Now I feel like I'm just repeating myself so I'll probably stop with all this long pleas about Cassandra and get a little less serious about this subject, because I feel like I've made my point and have nothing else to add to that debate.

Last edited:

5CAR3CR0W

Oct 3, 2017
Played this for the first time this week after delaying for a long time, seeing it among the highest rated VNs in this forum (I usually don't try a VN until I get a feel that it might be a fair way through based on changelogs). Being a LoF fan, especially loved the crossover and the subtle hint that the MCs might be related.

On that note though, isn't Kindra's character model the same as Cece's? If Lexi gets to see DJ KinK's face someday, would she be questioning her sanity after seeing spitting image of two of her newly-made friends out in another city?

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
What's up with the MAC version? Does it include the bugfix?

It has two folders _ARTEMIS-0.4.1-mac_bufix and _ARTERMIS-0.4.1-mac

The bugfix folder occupies zero bytes. What am I supposed to do with that?

Reactions: jgrant941

landeaux

Sep 26, 2017
Like many here, I just now got around to playing this one, and WOW. I had to stop halfway through chapter two to comment on how impressed I am by this one. Just absolutely stellar work worth supporting.

Being a LoF fan, especially loved the crossover and the subtle hint that the MCs might be related.
What's LoF? Leap of Faith? I might have to check that one out too if it's anywhere close to the quality on display here.

Jun 2, 2022
What's LoF? Leap of Faith? I might have to check that one out too if it's anywhere close to the quality on display here.
Yes, Leap of Faith. I recently went down the same path: found this game, enjoyed it, and then found Leap of Faith. It's at least as good as anything on this site, and is one of the most moving (and difficult, in the emotional sense) stories I've experienced.

Reactions: VOYEUR
4.80 star(s) 376 Votes