Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
screenshot0002.png
This girl looks... suspiciously familiar... :p

So is that how things are? It's all connected? MCU style? Sunville is a town on Auriga 9? Are we gonna get references to the going-ons of the space station in Sunville? I jest, but the idea isn't a bad one, could be fun.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Two more weeks have gone by, still no update. I too like this game more than Sunville however. Honestly going to drop this one maybe check back in 6 months.

Reactions: Ut5962

GenesisRising

Sep 18, 2019
Kinda wish the scenes were you're sleeping (actually sleeping, not fucking) with characters were identical, from the preview images it just seems like Female MC cares about them more.

Reactions: $@~

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Since my upload speed is ridiculously low today, here is the .
Alternatively, you can check out :WeSmart:

I'll update the OP as soon as the mirrors finish uploading.

Have fun!

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AurigaNine-0.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: feierflei

Malorn

Mar 9, 2018
Well, that was quite fun. The style continues to be flirty and domineering with a side of fun. I do think that the (0.4) update is nice, but I do think that the station is feeling a bit lifeless. The interactions are very set in stone, very predictable, and many areas are not really worth traveling to. Maybe 0.5 has already fixed it, the Patreons may want to weigh in.

Perhaps my expectations are too high, but the tone of the interactions is so fun it would be nice to see more of them that are not bound to the quest chain or otherwise necessary. Also, Ada and Juno remain a lot more fun than the other characters, since you can push them into flashing or stripping. Now I understand why that would not be the case for Lili or Sam, and that should remain true, they are different characters and it's nice that is respected. But it would be nice to have ways to interact with them...perhaps lightly teasing at first, or merely commenting on clothing, etc.

Aarghvark

Feb 25, 2019
Bugs in 0.4:
You can tell Sam to go with you to the bar while already being there.
Ion Pulse Generators are supposed to be consumable (I guess?) but are permanent.

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Well, that was quite fun. The style continues to be flirty and domineering with a side of fun. I do think that the (0.4) update is nice, but I do think that the station is feeling a bit lifeless. The interactions are very set in stone, very predictable, and many areas are not really worth traveling to. Maybe 0.5 has already fixed it, the Patreons may want to weigh in.

Perhaps my expectations are too high, but the tone of the interactions is so fun it would be nice to see more of them that are not bound to the quest chain or otherwise necessary. Also, Ada and Juno remain a lot more fun than the other characters, since you can push them into flashing or stripping. Now I understand why that would not be the case for Lili or Sam, and that should remain true, they are different characters and it's nice that is respected. But it would be nice to have ways to interact with them...perhaps lightly teasing at first, or merely commenting on clothing, etc.
I know exactly what you mean by "lifeless", and it is the part that irks me most about this project. The problem is that all the fluff takes so much time to make...
I might have to do one or two "flavour updates" soon, focused entirely on making the station a more fun place to walk around in.

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Bugs in 0.4:
You can tell Sam to go with you to the bar while already being there.
Ion Pulse Generators are supposed to be consumable (I guess?) but are permanent.
Thanks for the report, I appreciate it (y) If more severe problems appear, I will do a 0.4 hotfix; otherwise, I'll leave it for 0.5.

Reactions: TheDevian

Malorn

Mar 9, 2018
I know exactly what you mean by "lifeless", and it is the part that irks me most about this project. The problem is that all the fluff takes so much time to make...
I might have to do one or two "flavour updates" soon, focused entirely on making the station a more fun place to walk around in.
I wouldn't see that as wasted effort, and I hope my tone wasn't too critical. I obviously like the game, but it's always easier for me to call out what is missing rather than what is present.

More interactions with the girls are always worthwhile in these sorts of games. Honestly, it may not require something as complex as you might be thinking. I can't speak to the coding side, but from a writing angle it can be as simple as three sentences and two images. Just a moment catching Lili's eye when she is wearing something that is making her blush and asking about it. Or when she is wearing one of the outfits without pants or without panties under a shirt just asking her something like "I hope you are enjoying the breeze." She can reply with a little embarrassment, and that's a fun little bit of interactivity with outfits.

Or something along the lines of the player noticing she is 'being very careful not to bend over'. No stats even need to change in these sorts of events, necessarily. Even just observing the girls can be fun. For example, you already have those lovely interactions between the girls when Ada or Juno are wearing something naughty. Those are great, so having the player observe more of that would be awesome. The girl's teasing each other, anything like that.

Celeste has huge potential here to act as a switch. You clearly wrote her to enjoy pushing Juno, and I could see that growing into doing a little soft dominance on her own time. Maybe with an option for the player to step in and put Celeste back in her place in turn...

Anyway, just thoughts. My main point is that this sort of thing can provide huge return for minor effort, since they are bite-size interactions that can be made in half and hour or so. Assuming the coding isn't godawful, for my part I've worked on HHS+ which is very painless as far as making events. Maybe Ren'Py isn't so kind...

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
More interactions with the girls are always worthwhile in these sorts of games. Honestly, it may not require something as complex as you might be thinking. I can't speak to the coding side, but from a writing angle it can be as simple as three sentences and two images. Just a moment catching Lili's eye when she is wearing something that is making her blush and asking about it. Or when she is wearing one of the outfits without pants or without panties under a shirt just asking her something like "I hope you are enjoying the breeze." She can reply with a little embarrassment, and that's a fun little bit of interactivity with outfits.
The biggest issue is the sheer amount of information I need to take into account even for tiny interactions like that.
Most importantly: What outfit is the girl currently wearing, and what is her corruption state? Cookie cutter events only get so far before they become detrimental to immersion and enjoyment, especially if they are repetitive and don't evolve.
With the amount of outfits most of the girls already have, the amount of events and small variations that are needed is pretty damn high.
Don't get me wrong, I want to do it, and I will - but it's going to be a significant time investment and not something I can just pull out of my hat if I want to get it right.

Or something along the lines of the player noticing she is 'being very careful not to bend over'. No stats even need to change in these sorts of events, necessarily. Even just observing the girls can be fun. For example, you already have those lovely interactions between the girls when Ada or Juno are wearing something naughty. Those are great, so having the player observe more of that would be awesome. The girl's teasing each other, anything like that.
The outfit reactions have been incredibly fun to make, but they are a perfect example of why this type of event is very, very time-consuming to do well.
I need to take into account:
  • The outfit owner's outfit
  • The outfit owner's exhibitionism/obedience/lust
  • The reactor's exhibitionism/obedience/lust
That on its own is not much of an issue - but now consider that I have to do that for each possible pair of girls, and the task becomes ridiculous. Which is why the girls currently only react to Ada and Juno, and that alone took me a long time.
To be fair, that time included setting up the entire system, and any future reactions will be much easier to implement - but it is a massive task nonetheless.

Celeste has huge potential here to act as a switch. You clearly wrote her to enjoy pushing Juno, and I could see that growing into doing a little soft dominance on her own time. Maybe with an option for the player to step in and put Celeste back in her place in turn...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, just thoughts. My main point is that this sort of thing can provide huge return for minor effort, since they are bite-size interactions that can be made in half and hour or so. Assuming the coding isn't godawful, for my part I've worked on HHS+ which is very painless as far as making events. Maybe Ren'Py isn't so kind...
And my point is that it is not actually a minor effort. A single one of these events may be, but the absurd amount of events I'll need to make the station feel actually alive instead of conditionally alive will draw a lot of time away from direct character story progression, which is why I am so hesitant about it.

Anyway, thank you very much for your detailed post!
It may sound like I'm just trying to counter your points and disagreeing with you, but replying to posts like yours help me a lot with organizing my thoughts and planning out the future of the game. I appreciate it!

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
isn't fun to deal with. One way I've had success is to stop branching. Only trigger events during very specific circumstances. You have to write way more events, but they are a lot easier to write.

As a bonus, you no longer need 100% coverage. If you don't have an idea for a specific interaction, you can just skip writing it.

4.50 star(s) 14 Votes