Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Important note: If you hide the UI then the "S"/"T" toggle will no longer work... it's a RenPy thing. The combo keys will always work though ("Shift+"s" / "Alt+"s") regardless of UI hide/unhide.
Is that because the hotkey is bound on a screen that is then hidden? Can you work around that by putting that screen on the master layer instead of the default screens layer?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is that because the hotkey is bound on a screen that is then hidden? Can you work around that by putting that screen on the master layer instead of the default screens layer?
Currently I have the resolve coded and set to either: "Shift+"s" / "Alt+"s"

Either works fine imho and work regardless of toggle setting (which is isolated code)

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I finished the current release, and man, what a cliffhanger.

I wanted to check out Rachel's Story, but the game says it's available after the main story is finished. Does that mean we have to wait until it's all finished before we can see it?

It doesn't make sense to have it there, and not be available.

I finished 0.8.1 with the image patch by the way.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
8.1 as I couldn't run 8.0 with my saves.
That's fixed with Meushi's hotfix/Sanchos mod.
Note: the new rollback fix is wayyy too aggressive. Setting it to 5000000 is overboard and makes every single save previous to v0.8.1 rollback to an extent. Just know it's a thing... it's a rocket launcher brought to a knife fight kind of overboard.
That part is actually not necessary anymore, I entered that before I found an actual fix and then forget about it. Saves work without it.
That's how you know it's fantasy.
Or that it's not the US :HideThePain:
I wanted to check out Rachel's Story, but the game says it's available after the main story is finished. Does that mean we have to wait until it's all finished before we can see it?
Yes, I want to have it there so people know there's still something to come, even after the Story is finished.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BadMemories-0.8.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
recreation
Is it weird that I enjoyed and appreciated the scene with Ellie talking to us more than any of the scenes with Rachel throughout the entire VN?

I kind of wish I knew how you imagine her voice sounding. If that were somehow a thing that could be done.

Anyhow, thanks again for the walk in your Ellie world.

PEACE

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Sancho's mod still crashes with that saved game load, but your 8.1 fix (without the mod) loads no problem.

One other issue I had was with a couple screens that show the female perspective when I am playing a male. Well, I managed to track down the problem on my own, and it's a simple fix.

In "events_mc.rpy" on line 4098 and 4101, you forget to check the MC's gender and you show female screens only for a couple screens. I was traumatized when breasts appeared and my penix vanished! ;)

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
recreation
Is it weird that I enjoyed and appreciated the scene with Ellie talking to us more than any of the scenes with Rachel throughout the entire VN?

I kind of wish I knew how you imagine her voice sounding. If that were somehow a thing that could be done.

Anyhow, thanks again for the walk in your Ellie world.

PEACE
Ellie talking was my favourite part of the game so far. I've always wondered what she was thinking and why she just didn't talk. It'd be cool to hear her voice. It's probably too far into development to add in voice acting however. Personally I don't feel the connection to Rachel as I do to Ellie. She's just kind of the mom figure, even though she's basically my age. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Yngling

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
In my head, she sounds a bit like Newt from Aliens, where Jada is a bit of teenage Winona Ryder . Nothing hits yet for Katherine or Rachel.
I could hear Kat with a slightly deepen female type voice with a hint of light raspyness. Suletry... :)

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
In my head, she sounds a bit like Newt from Aliens, where Jada is a bit of teenage Winona Ryder Nothing hits yet for Katherine or Rachel.

For me, Katherine has the voice of Hitagi Senjougahara or Kurisu, it depends on the moment. Or maybe it's just that she's so tsundere that I associate her with those two voices xD

erkper

May 16, 2018
OK, so I run an anti-Rachel game, and at the end, after the date with Steph (and Jacky) I'm having the conversation with Rachel when the game shifts suddenly to two screens of Rachel giving me a BJ as Katherine screams. WTF??? Where the hell did that come from? I'm going to just assume that is a scripting bug, right?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
OK, so I run an anti-Rachel game, and at the end, after the date with Steph (and Jacky) I'm having the conversation with Rachel when the game shifts suddenly to two screens of Rachel giving me a BJ as Katherine screams. WTF??? Where the hell did that come from? I'm going to just assume that is a scripting bug, right?
Fix in OP.

4.40 star(s) 201 Votes