SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
ofc its old save how much time do u think i have
i have 26 gold
i enter EMPTY cellar during the day click backdoor and it becomes night
About the cellar, Maybe could be bad coding, but it doesn't (It shouldn't) affect the game or getting progression, as entering the empty cellar has no use Right now.

Hector_Kum

Oct 8, 2019
I didn't played the whole game yet but for now the loading is much much better, still heavy on the loading between hartpool and the pirates bay but idk why though since the game take only 200m on the RAM but my PC says it is at 90% so that's strange... Maybe it's my PC who is crap btw, or maybe a problem with the garbage collector so nothing to do much here

Anyway overall the loading are a lot faster, even the one who struggle take a minute where it took 5 or 10 before so it works a lot better now

Concerning bugs, I had some: hapened only in hartpool but sometimes on the hot scenes i have an image before animations that i should not have, I mean before the animation start I see some image that should be shown after the animation

I did not start a new game so it's maybe because of that, but it hapenned only with the asian girls for now and not with the others so idk

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I didn't played the whole game yet but for now the loading is much much better, still heavy on the loading between hartpool and the pirates bay but idk why though since the game take only 200m on the RAM but my PC says it is at 90% so that's strange... Maybe it's my PC who is crap btw, or maybe a problem with the garbage collector so nothing to do much here

Anyway overall the loading are a lot faster, even the one who struggle take a minute where it took 5 or 10 before so it works a lot better now

Concerning bugs, I had some: hapened only in hartpool but sometimes on the hot scenes i have an image before animations that i should not have, I mean before the animation start I see some image that should be shown after the animation

I did not start a new game so it's maybe because of that, but it hapenned only with the asian girls for now and not with the others so idk
Thanks for your feedback!

YES, the new video animation system is not perfect yet, it has given me a lot of headaches (and time). I'm gathering feedback around it in order to find solutions (some have come thru my mind).

(PS: And yes, there is a lot to work to do yet to low vram consumption (that goes to loading times) even is better now with the weeks I put on it. I'll keep working on that on all the game).

Hector_Kum

Oct 8, 2019
Thanks for your feedback!

YES, the new video animation system is not perfect yet, it has given me a lot of headaches (and time). I'm gathering feedback around it in order to find solutions (some have come thru my mind).

(PS: And yes, there is a lot to work to do yet to low vram consumption (that goes to loading times) even is better now with the weeks I put on it. I'll keep working on that on all the game).
Well that's the least I can do for help so no problem

For the animations I only encoutered the bug with the 2 new(?) asian girls for now, I unlocked some more new scenes but no bugs so far

And for the optimisations it's pretty good, idk for the other but as I said before this update it took 10 times more time to load the pirate bay from hartpool (the only loading that was hard for my PC) so it's pretty good, but yeah I guess it's better to think about it now since it seems it was a pain in the ass to do it after the content added xD

Reactions: SeventhVixen
Mar 22, 2020
I've just tried to play it, clean start/download and its crashing during the prologue/intro ... After knight arrives with squire it hangs at loading the next scene.
I've rebooted and tried several times, each time the same.

My pc is W10 x64 (20H2) 3yr old i5 and ok spec.

I've started the game (skipping the intro) and it seems fine, just transition after the scene with knight arriving at the castle.

Last edited:

kark

Jun 18, 2017
I've just tried to play it, clean start/download and its crashing during the prologue/intro ... After knight arrives with stable boy, it just hangs at loading the next scene.

yeah, the game really need optimization, since long long time, the game got really unstable, simple actions such as go to the isle, travel or open the menu make the game frozen for several mins or worse, sometimes make me force to close it using the task manager, because i love this game but if it was other game, i would absolutly no bother to play.
Maybe the dev should try renpy like most of the devs, after all, they are indie devs so its really hard for them to use complex engine in a right way and its not like im using a potato microwave, my pc can run perfectly recent games like Nioh 2

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
yeah, the game really need optimization, since long long time, the game got really unstable, simple actions such as go to the isle, travel or open the menu make the game frozen for several mins or worse, sometimes make me force to close it using the task manager, because i love this game but if it was other game, i would absolutly no bother to play.
Maybe the dev should try renpy like most of the devs, after all, they are indie devs so its really hard for them to use complex engine in a right way and its not like im using a potato microwave, my pc can run perfectly recent games like Nioh 2
All the loading times inside Hartlepool-isles etc have been fixed, not sure if you have tried.
Optimization keeps going. It will be full by now If I hadn't had to stop coding for two months. Meaning, I'm going to keep on it.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I've just tried to play it, clean start/download and its crashing during the prologue/intro ... After knight arrives with squire it hangs at loading the next scene.

I've started the game (skipping the intro) and it seems fine, just transition after the scene with knight arriving at the castle.
That kind of problems are due to Graphic Cards/Vram of them and I'm in the process of fixing them.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes