SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
yes its easy, and the game seems ok (visual + sound) up to the main menu,
all unity3d games play almost effortless in linux

out of curiosity and for experimentation.. in windows what do you need? opengl? directX? which vertion
do you have some unity plugin for mouse that is incompatible with linux perhaps?
I don't use any specific mouse controller beyond what is by default on unity.

by default, Unity tries to run the game on DirectX. My project is built on DirectX11. I'm not really sure what unity does depending on the user system, really. I know you can force the game to run in opengl with a command line. But on Linux, I can't know.

I read something about the mouse showing in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. The game possibly starts in windowed mode, right?.

I cannot be of much help today, I'm trying to finish a release that is already delayed.... So have fun researching yourself I guess v_v

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Duke Scene Sneak Peek & Minidevlog
Pic: (4k). A Sneak peek on an Alternative Realities Duke Scene I started working this month. Not been able to work on it that much so it will probably appear on next major update or unless I make an additional update just for it like in February's Duke scene.
Minidevlog: Right now I'm giving the last touches to the technical little beta. Even if the purpose of the beta is just to check the integrity of all the game after the engine updates, the 3 scenes it includes had more work than I expected, as they include 15 animations, many of which I'm very happy with and I hope you'll enjoy (Also re-rendered various times some to make them look good as there is a Lot of Movement on them). Plan is to release the beta in discord and after all is well checked in some days released it to public.

I'd liked to have this out like 5 days ago, but some computer issues (reinstalling software needed) and IRL stuff has put a bit of hourly toll each day, and just the regular coding of the game is no fast thing per se.
I'll get back on it now. Once I released it, while were finding those sneaky text bugs, I'll have to put the computer to stress to see if I have to completly reinstall windows or what. (aparently some drivers problems. Not as problematic as some months ago, but has been a frustrating pain the ass last weeks). And yes, Reinstalling windows (and putting all the applications ready to work) will be another pain, so I hope I don't have to do that.

Reactions: Moria

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Unlocked
Art Update - Quick note
Pic: From the several paths in 0.13.Part2.
Quick note about 0.13.p1.Xb:
I was on my merry way to release the little beta with extra content (0.13.p1.X) for all patrons but I found an important bug with sound (hard to catch as many times players don't play with sound). Basically, all extra sound (sex scenes, combat, etc) dissapears when Saving > Loading, and only work on a New game (but dissapears again when Saving/Loading). Is a bug on the sound engine side of the code (that came with the Engines Update) so I'm working in out with the dev. Sorry for the inconvenience, as soon as is fixed I'll publish the beta for all.

In the meantime, I'll just keep making graphics for the next releases ;)

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Release 0.13.p1.Xc -Changelog-
Devnote: As any of you that have read the devlogs must know this is a "non-content update" -but it has some nice extra content-. Is a technical update that has helped me debug all the engine updates needed for future goodies (like galleries just as an example). With the help of our unflinching testers all seems to be good now and I'll proceed inmediately(1) to code 0.13 Part 2 with the end of Hartlepool quest line.

Changelog:
Technical:

- Some Menus refurbished to work smoother
-Added the Credits menu (but is still a bit WIP)
-Fixed Stats menus not showing more than 500 stat points.
-Added the Titles bar (still a bit WIP)
-Now the Stats menu will show the one-time Path Choices, but this will make sense when the Romance menu is reworked, so the player will be able to track where that choices lead to (but low on spoilers). Expect the new Romance menu to start appearing progressively in 0.13p2.

Content: (626 renders for 15 animations)
-Katerina Dinnerhall lewder option now available.
- Katerina new scene root (in patrik room, talk with her in the garden). For the moment that scene root only has a new scene.
-Mina Lewd Path advance
-Now you can access two Mina root scenes talking to her in the garden (the one that starts with bedtalk and the first scene with her in her room with a new quality animation.
About the content:
I'm quite happy with the little extra scenes I added and looks like players like them too very much!
-Accessing Mina Lewd Path scenes requieres you having more than 450 lewdness and being in the Breaker Path (the one that you can choice during last supper of Chapter 1).
-In the next real Leffrin update I'll delve into Kat/mina and the specific Lewd Path around there. Also there will be an alternative way to access the Lewd Path in the future, but I'll keep out the spoilers :p.

About the release:

After some days you people have played and there is no ninja bugs around notified, I'll plan to make the MAC, Linux, and Windows32bits version of the game.
(1): As some of you may have read I'm been having some strange drivers problems/and crashes. Crashes are dangerous when coding in Unity, and a chore when working with various big Daz Scenes, so there is been shipped on my way a new SSD where I plan to reinstall Windows. I'll be solving some issues for starters (like a little C drive that only gives problems, like not even being able to save full crashdumps), and I hope the fresh windows install will remove all any other problems. So in the meantime I'll make some nice monthly girls renders to close the month ;)

Last edited:

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017

Release 0.13.p1.Xc -Changelog-
Devnote: As any of you that have read the devlogs must know this is a "non-content update" -but it has some nice extra content-. Is a technical update that has helped me debug all the engine updates needed for future goodies (like galleries just as an example). With the help of our unflinching testers all seems to be good now and I'll proceed inmediately(1) to code 0.13 Part 2 with the end of Hartlepool quest line.

Changelog:
Technical:

- Some Menus refurbished to work smoother
-Added the Credits menu (but is still a bit WIP)
-Fixed Stats menus not showing more than 500 stat points.
-Added the Titles bar (still a bit WIP)
-Now the Stats menu will show the one-time Path Choices, but this will make sense when the Romance menu is reworked, so the player will be able to track where that choices lead to (but low on spoilers). Expect the new Romance menu to start appearing progressively in 0.13p2.

Content: (626 renders for 15 animations)
-Katerina Dinnerhall lewder option now available.
- Katerina new scene root (in patrik room, talk with her in the garden). For the moment that scene root only has a new scene.
-Mina Lewd Path advance
-Now you can access two Mina root scenes talking to her in the garden (the one that starts with bedtalk and the first scene with her in her room with a new quality animation.
About the content:
I'm quite happy with the little extra scenes I added and looks like players like them too very much!
-Accessing Mina Lewd Path scenes requieres you having more than 450 lewdness and being in the Breaker Path (the one that you can choice during last supper of Chapter 1).
-In the next real Leffrin update I'll delve into Kat/mina and the specific Lewd Path around there. Also there will be an alternative way to access the Lewd Path in the future, but I'll keep out the spoilers :p.

About the release:

After some days you people have played and there is no ninja bugs around notified, I'll plan to make the MAC, Linux, and Windows32bits version of the game.
(1): As some of you may have read I'm been having some strange drivers problems/and crashes. Crashes are dangerous when coding in Unity, and a chore when working with various big Daz Scenes, so there is been shipped on my way a new SSD where I plan to reinstall Windows. I'll be solving some issues for starters (like a little C drive that only gives problems, like not even being able to save full crashdumps), and I hope the fresh windows install will remove all any other problems. So in the meantime I'll make some nice monthly girls renders to close the month ;)
Oooh... has all this time since last release been spent on this then? I was under the impression part 2 Hartlepool was being worked on.. or has that been done simultaniously? Curious...

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Oooh... has all this time since last release been spent on this then? I was under the impression part 2 Hartlepool was being worked on.. or has that been done simultaniously? Curious...
It is fair to reply; At least half graphics for p2 were ready before p1 was launched, as I planned originally to not released them in two parts (So back then all expected graphics for all canary trail quest were ready). This release is because the changes in engines; I've keep working since May on making the additional scenes for p2 to make it as wholesome as p1. But I had to take a little detour due to the engine upgrades, thing that got mixed with some ninja crashes appearing on windows by the end of May, Thing that I hope to totally terminate reinstalling windows now. It is easier to code some extra content for people than a very important story-quest if you don't know if you have to change how code works because you don't know what has been broken. (And of course, I didn't expect to start having crashes while I was doing this. What a few weeks little beta test update has turned into a pain of a month.)

I'm not happy with the situation... I'd like to be able to deliver more, more often, taking in consideration that I usually work more than 10 hours daily in the game. But I try to make the best of it in the meantime. For example the complete dissapear of Sounds in game has taken me 5 days to fix. Luckly I fix it on engine level, so I don't have to spent weeks just changing how every sound sounds in the code.

In the best of worlds, I would just have enough money to buy a rig to start fresh. I don't even know if reinstalling windows in a new hefty drive will solve the situation. But I have to pay the bills.

Anyway, anyone that wants to daily know in what I'm working on, there is the discord and the patreon, and I'm always available to answer :p

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
It is fair to reply; At least half graphics for p2 were ready before p1 was launched, as I planned originally to not released them in two parts (So back then all expected graphics for all canary trail quest were ready). This release is because the changes in engines; I've keep working since May on making the additional scenes for p2 to make it as wholesome as p1. But I had to take a little detour due to the engine upgrades, thing that got mixed with some ninja crashes appearing on windows by the end of May, Thing that I hope to totally terminate reinstalling windows now. It is easier to code some extra content for people than a very important story-quest if you don't know if you have to change how code works because you don't know what has been broken. (And of course, I didn't expect to start having crashes while I was doing this. What a few weeks little beta test update has turned into a pain of a month.)

I'm not happy with the situation... I'd like to be able to deliver more, more often, taking in consideration that I usually work more than 10 hours daily in the game. But I try to make the best of it in the meantime. For example the complete dissapear of Sounds in game has taken me 5 days to fix. Luckly I fix it on engine level, so I don't have to spent weeks just changing how every sound sounds in the code.

In the best of worlds, I would just have enough money to buy a rig to start fresh. I don't even know if reinstalling windows in a new hefty drive will solve the situation. But I have to pay the bills.

Anyway, anyone that wants to daily know in what I'm working on, there is the discord and the patreon, and I'm always available to answer :p
I do follow your patreon, at times as a subscriber, other times just lurking, but I"ve been less frequent over the last month.. unfortunate to hear, hope you'll get ut sorted.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I do follow your patreon, at times as a subscriber, other times just lurking, but I"ve been less frequent over the last month.. unfortunate to hear, hope you'll get ut sorted.
Thanks.
It's shitty to have problems that hinder your work.
But anyway the extra content of this update I think is quite good so you can check it ;). Some of the animations I redone 3 times in order to get them right....I think they have turn out quite nice.

Reactions: balvenie1401

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks.
It's shitty to have problems that hinder your work.
But anyway the extra content of this update I think is quite good so you can check it ;). Some of the animations I redone 3 times in order to get them right....I think they have turn out quite nice.
I'm sure they did. Thanks for the heads up but will most likely wait a bit.. cheers!

Reactions: SeventhVixen

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Ok, choose each and every lewd option (friendly mayor route) and even converted 120 piety to 60 lewd and I still only get 490 before the dinner. What am I missing?

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Ok, choose each and every lewd option (friendly mayor route) and even converted 120 piety to 60 lewd and I still only get 490 before the dinner. What am I missing?
Try use the gear in the menu option and use that in the bar

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
You don't need to have X amount of Lewdness by the dinner. Being in the Breaker Path, and having more than 450 lewdness, Are two different things.

You need those two conditions yeah.... but just for when talking with her later on in the bedside.

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
You don't need to have X amount of Lewdness by the dinner. Being in the Breaker Path, and having more than 450 lewdness, Are two different things.

You need those two conditions yeah.... but just for when talking with her later on in the bedside.
Err, in that case it's bugged - got over 500 lewdness (does not display of course), on the breaker path and defended her during dinner. There are no extra options during convo with her

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes