SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
That is, indeed a bug. You should tell me what exactly did you did (get affinity from lewds with robin? love potion? papers? Anything more? In order to know how you were able to get 5 affinity on Baralis Friend Path (without cheats of course). On 0.20 that I'll add content to Penketh I'll recheck and fix some things so that information would be valuable.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
JAN 1, 2021 AT 7:57 PM

Unlocked
0.19 Quick Info Devlog
View attachment 019_1.png.webp

Happy New Year and let's get quick to the work!

About the little 0.19 Release:

1. Content Wise:

This what includes the 0.19 litle release. (All is lewd times and some character development)

-New Porthouse girl unlocked.
-A little ingame quest on Hartlepool
-An alternative reality scene where the player roles as a different Main Character
-The Acallarian Mercenary Resolution missing from 0.15

(Around 200 stills and at least 20 animations).

2. Engine Wise (What was planed):

-Full workflow UI rework. (“Done”, You'll tell me what you think.)
-Start of Companions systems (Probably is going to wait to 0.20 to be active)
-Start of new Romance Menu system (See 3)
-Start of Vram consumption code rework. (To make the full game playable on old graphics cards) (See 3)

I had planned to release 0.19 between new years eve and a week more top (See 3).

3. So, 0.19 Estimated release time?

(Too long didn't read: Probably in a pair or weeks)

I dind't had in mind the Vram consumption code rework when I planned the 0.19 release, but as more old graphics cards cannot handle the game around Hartlepool and the Pirate Cove has become a primary need.

With the fixes I already applied, Right now for example the Pirate Cove should consume half the vram previously consumed. Was the easier to code and quick to check, as depending on what path is chosen some graphics will never had to load....

I have to make a better code for those graphics that has to be loaded and unload cause you can revisit certain parts multiple times (Like in Hartlepool). The testers will old graphics cards will be able to check fast how well this works.

Don't blame Unity, blame the coder :p I guess Unity was not thought for games with so many 2d 1920x1080 textures, but luckly I work out the solution.

The scene coding of 0.19 will take a week or less. (and while I finish some renders). So release is going to depend on how much time I spend making additional “emergency” vram fixes. And depending on that, and in order to not delay the 0.19 release, I'll see if will include the prototype of the new Romance Menu or not. So yes, I guess mid January the release could be finished and tested.

In a pair of days I'll start testing the vram fixes with some testers, so I can focus in coding the scenes while the Vram fixes are checked.

I'm delaying anything non prioritary (like publishing the 2021 FAQ). So the rest of wallpapers and the 2020 Girl Year Special will come out those days I take a little break from prioritary work.

Then again, happy new year everyone, and I go back to the chop chop!

Oct 1, 2020
That is, indeed a bug. You should tell me what exactly did you did (get affinity from lewds with robin? love potion? papers? Anything more? In order to know how you were able to get 5 affinity on Baralis Friend Path (without cheats of course). On 0.20 that I'll add content to Penketh I'll recheck and fix some things so that information would be valuable.
well, you get 2 aff points giving the letter to the priest, i did 3 aff with the love potion, 4 with the dialogue option " for the friendship or for the war support " and 5 with the paper i think i raised friendship and aff too with the lewd acts of robin... XD i played a lot this game, to be fair, i replayed the first chapter a lot til get the 5 aff, i didn t knwo you couldn t reach it lol

you are so damn good doing games mate, i will support you in a few months when i can i swear it, keep the good work

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
well, you get 2 aff points giving the letter to the priest, i did 3 aff with the love potion, 4 with the dialogue option " for the friendship or for the war support " and 5 with the paper i think i raised friendship and aff too with the lewd acts of robin... XD i played a lot this game, to be fair, i replayed the first chapter a lot til get the 5 aff, i didn t knwo you couldn t reach it lol

you are so damn good doing games mate, i will support you in a few months when i can i swear it, keep the good work
Thanks ;)

I think that if you're able to get 4 affinity by other ways, Robin should'nt give you an affinity point. Code is made to Robin allow you to reach affinity 4 if you don't have it already (it's a sort of a help to players). But of course the code can fail sometimes in very specific lines of events (I guess maybe I hadn't had in mind you could be holding in the paper before gettin the scene with robin). Anyway, when you can finally get level 5 on friendly, soon enough, that "bug" will not mattter xD

But anyways, in my general check of chapter 1 I'll try to fix some issues here and there.

And thanks again, enjoy the game ;)

• Haha
Reactions: jklhdgadfkfvdas

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
There are a bunch of "not responding" popups while the game is loading, and if you click any of those the game will lock in a really weird way with 2 mouse pointers (!!) none of which does anything. Are you loading assets on the UI thread perchance?

I start to see why people here hate Unity so much.
In what platform are you playing?
On windows Only popup that should show on a new player should be allow the firewall or not.

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks ;)

I think that if you're able to get 4 affinity by other ways, Robin should'nt give you an affinity point. Code is made to Robin allow you to reach affinity 4 if you don't have it already (it's a sort of a help to players). But of course the code can fail sometimes in very specific lines of events (I guess maybe I hadn't had in mind you could be holding in the paper before gettin the scene with robin). Anyway, when you can finally get level 5 on friendly, soon enough, that "bug" will not mattter xD

But anyways, in my general check of chapter 1 I'll try to fix some issues here and there.

And thanks again, enjoy the game ;)
hahah yes! i remember now, i did all the lewd stuff before the paper =) ty please keep the good work

Reactions: SeventhVixen

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Oh, I'm aware there is some threads here about making unity games run on Linux... As far as I'm told my Linux version could need some tweaking to run adequately, as the only version I can really test myself are the windows one and I don't have dedicated Linux testers. I guess in a near future within this year I'll learn to get all plataforms run-ready..... Unless I can't get help from testers of course.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Seventh it's fixing the vraam.
And tomorrow I testing the close beta for low vraam. Where places has big problems with crash or freeze?

Hector_Kum

Oct 8, 2019
Seventh it's fixing the vraam.
And tomorrow I testing the close beta for low vraam. Where places has big problems with crash or freeze?
Didn't played the last realease yet, waiting for the next one since I learned it will have some optimisations
(btw thanks again for doing this for us, poor people with crap PC xD)

But for me, the biggest problem is when traveling from Hartlepool to the pirate and vice versa
Other than that not too much, but yeah when traveling from Hartlepool to pirate my PC take a good 5 to 10 min to load while I can't clic or it crash

Reactions: Joey the mangaka

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Didn't played the last realease yet, waiting for the next one since I learned it will have some optimisations
(btw thanks again for doing this for us, poor people with crap PC xD)

But for me, the biggest problem is when traveling from Hartlepool to the pirate and vice versa
Other than that not too much, but yeah when traveling from Hartlepool to pirate my PC take a good 5 to 10 min to load while I can't clic or it crash
I probably halved the resource consumption of the Pirate Cove by now. This week I still have to trim the resource consumption for Harlepool for those who have problem entering there, so very probably it will be solved for you in 0.19.

People that have problems just getting back to the map from anywhere, that will take more time as I have to trim resource consumption in each level and is a lot of work (Like 2.000-4.000 clicks and drag and drops.... Is just clicks and drag and drops, but needs times and one has to do it with care to not break anything XD

Hector_Kum

Oct 8, 2019
I probably halved the resource consumption of the Pirate Cove by now. This week I still have to trim the resource consumption for Harlepool for those who have problem entering there, so very probably it will be solved for you in 0.19.

People that have problems just getting back to the map from anywhere, that will take more time as I have to trim resource consumption in each level and is a lot of work (Like 2.000-4.000 clicks and drag and drops.... Is just clicks and drag and drops, but needs times and one has to do it with care to not break anything XD
Can't wait to test this out! :D

Reactions: SeventhVixen
Nov 23, 2020
Windows defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. Is there something wrong with the application? Or is it just a window thing. I downloaded from the nopy link

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes