Hector_Kum

Oct 8, 2019
I am happy to see that the game will have some optimisations :D

Maybe this will help you: I played with some info on my second screen and it seems that the game unload the assets only when you travel on the world map. The problem is, when on the port city (sorry forgot the name xD) you choose to travel to the pirate, the game do not unload the assets, resulting in a very long loading since the RAM is full of the port city assets, and when you decide to go back to the port city, the same happens, I guess it reload all the assets even if there is a part of them in the ram already

I don't know how the code is, but I think loading and unloading whenever you change the map (from city to house and etc) should be better for low end PC

Actually I think it's like: World map > load all assets of the city > The city > The house > The city > unload all assets > World map

Maybe something like: World map > load main city assets > The city > unload city assets & load house assets > house > unload house & load city > The city and so on

The game would be less "fluid" since more loading, but more stable on low end PC I think

Maybe it's not like this, in that case ignore what's above :KEK:

Reactions: thunderkiss321

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I am happy to see that the game will have some optimisations :D

Maybe this will help you: I played with some info on my second screen and it seems that the game unload the assets only when you travel on the world map. The problem is, when on the port city (sorry forgot the name xD) you choose to travel to the pirate, the game do not unload the assets, resulting in a very long loading since the RAM is full of the port city assets, and when you decide to go back to the port city, the same happens, I guess it reload all the assets even if there is a part of them in the ram already

I don't know how the code is, but I think loading and unloading whenever you change the map (from city to house and etc) should be better for low end PC

Actually I think it's like: World map > load all assets of the city > The city > The house > The city > unload all assets > World map

Maybe something like: World map > load main city assets > The city > unload city assets & load house assets > house > unload house & load city > The city and so on

The game would be less "fluid" since more loading, but more stable on low end PC I think

Maybe it's not like this, in that case ignore what's above :KEK:
Yeah, you did a good work. That's what I found out when I found out the problem.

Problem with transition from hartlepool and pirate cove is that both are fucking big in images and while there is the asyncronic loading there is a peak that can make cry for help some cards for the lack of vram.

Yes, I took into consideration the less fluid solution, but that's not a real solution 'cause big scenes will still break the less powerfull graphics cards.

So I'm in the process of fixing that adding an additional layer of manual coding of loading and unloading images, that will eventually make the game runneable on more PCs, but it will take time so I'll start from the more problematic towns.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
try playing game and it crashes before i even get to main menu when the girl with the shield shows up. help plz
Win64 or other platform?

If Windows 64bits, While the game is loading you cannot "spam click" or the game will crash, you have to be patient or unity will crash. Loading time may depend on your system specs.

If other problem please report!

aftershock

Jun 13, 2017
There are a bunch of "not responding" popups while the game is loading, and if you click any of those the game will lock in a really weird way with 2 mouse pointers (!!) none of which does anything. Are you loading assets on the UI thread perchance?

I start to see why people here hate Unity so much.

superfrankie007

Jan 1, 2021
Hello I wanted to download this game for my Mac and I saw a previous post in here that says:
*change BattleforLuvia.app for the app name of the release

chmod a+x BattleforLuvia.app/Contents/MacOS/*
chmod -R 775 BattleforLuvia.app
chmod -R 755 BattleforLuvia.app

but im a complete noob when it come to these things, where to I put this I tried to put it inside of the read me txt and the game still doesn't open or am I supposed to use it in a terminator ? idk because I just don't understand it any help will be appreciated

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes