Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Here's a idea it might not work and might even be bad. Since its not known how long the animations will take to finish why not release haft the update then when the animations are finish release the whole thing. Again this might not work because we don't know what is finish and what those animations are or if people would even want that. To me if DPC did that it would show he gets it but would he be willing to do that.
I suppose that would work for some, but I have always preferred to wait for everything to come out complete, a single update and everything is finished

Reactions: Meushi and sava75

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Here's a idea it might not work and might even be bad. Since its not known how long the animations will take to finish why not release haft the update then when the animations are finish release the whole thing. Again this might not work because we don't know what is finish and what those animations are or if people would even want that. To me if DPC did that it would show he gets it but would he be willing to do that.
i don't know if an incomplete chapter if it would be a step forward, because it would still go to slow down the release of the next chapter, also becoming a kind of "interlude" effect

simply when 11 months have passed since the release of the last chapter an author might consider cutting a few things out instead of adding. if it seems to him that something deserves further study he does it in the next chapter.
because if you chase "perfection" the count of animations that are missing will always be uncertain (and even in the next update it will be)

I give an example: when Sage takes over for real the management of the HOTs first she takes care of Maya, and in the next chapter she takes an interest in Mona, the fact that it happened in two different chapters does not seem to me to be a problem

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I suppose that would work for some, but I have always preferred to wait for everything to come out complete, a single update and everything is finished
A single update where anything is finish would be better but if the update doesn't come until December and if the Halloween party part of the update is finish then go ahead and release that. But of course we don't know whats done.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
i don't know if an incomplete chapter if it would be a step forward, because it would still go to slow down the release of the next chapter, also becoming a kind of "interlude" effect

simply when 11 months have passed since the release of the last chapter an author might consider cutting a few things out instead of adding. if it seems to him that something deserves further study he does it in the next chapter.
because if you chase "perfection" the count of animations that are missing will always be uncertain (and even in the next update it will be)

I give an example: when Sage takes over for real the management of the HOTs first she takes care of Maya, and in the next chapter she takes an interest in Mona, the fact that it happened in two different chapters does not seem to me to be a problem
I don't know what it slows down. DPC is mostly waiting on the animations I'm just saying give us the Halloween part of it if all of that is finish. Then While the those animations finish he can get started on 10 then when the rest of 9 is done add the rest to it and go back to 10. Just a idea and maybe people wouldn't like it

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Pretty sure the Interlude is just a scape-goat to bring Zoey into the fold and add some drama to the people playing CHICK and in need of some sort of conflict. Its taking forever because DPC now has to write Zoey as the nemesis/alternative for every since CHICK path. Again, an obvious consequence on a branching way too fucking soon, a complete lack of judgement of DPC and I wouldnt be surprised if by episode 11 or 12 he cuts his losses and has the MC breaking up with the LI for a while, final 3 or 4 episodes for the player making his mind of the "Final LI", something like Bioware did with the Mass Effect games where you could pursue other paths down the line. Again, the issue is the branching too soon and the need of make 20 road that still lead to the story DPC wants to tell, while not turning it into 1 hour episodes because you'll skip way too much content.

I mean he didnt even properly resolved Maya and Josy, and he wants to branch out? Big oof.
Every time I see "Zoey" i get a little pang somewhere. He has put so much focus on her and the MC my fear is that he wants to make something like a new Megan. He'll have the MC second guessing everything that happens because "they had something" or "I don't know why but...". Hopefully the MC won't be borderline obsessed with her for no rhyme or reason.

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Imagine playing episode 9, right now, the day after Halloween, still vibing with the party at the DIK's :(

Well, it doesn't matter anymore, let's hope for a december release, because I'm really starting to think that january is now an option with all that animation workload.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
He can easily replace the animations with 10-20 static renders that convey the same thing and go back an rework with a different patch, with bug fixes for example if he absolutely feels that the animations are needed. But no matter how hard it is for people to accept, if DPC can squeeze one more payment month, or come with a consumer friendly compromise he will pick the extra payment month. Its not only the Patreon business model, its his golden goose and as talented as he is there is no telling his next project, if any, will be anywhere as successful as this one.

Its simply the smartest thing to do for himself and his family and until I am proven wrong, I will hold the belief we will not get smaller updates ever again.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Imagine playing episode 9, right now, the day after Halloween, still vibing with the party at the DIK's :(

Well, it doesn't matter anymore, let's hope for a december release, because I'm really starting to think that january is now an option with all that animation workload.
If it is that long I have a hard time believing that most people will be satisfied or pleased even. I think it's going to be very hard for the ends to justify the means. If every update going forward is going to be like this I'll likely shelf it until whole seasons are finished, if by some miracle I manage to even continue caring about it.

Reactions: allanl9020142

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
also cause it usually took him 6-7 months to release an update, not anymore it seems

thanx
between the eighth and ninth chapters there were also extraordinary conditions, but I would say that we are now well over 6 months for sure between chapters

delighted to be proven wrong but we will have to wait until at least next summer to know

Reactions: ename144

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
also cause it usually took him 6-7 months to release an update, not anymore it seems

thanx

Well... interlude was in march, EP 9 will be december or january, but the new episode is the biggest so far too. And before and during the development for the interlude, DPC has written a whole new gamesystem too. So the game will be split and not one big file anymore. For that he had to build an savegame importsystem and such, that took its tall for the ep 9 development too cause he could not prepare work for the next episode like he was doing in the past. Those things took some time... and not only a bit. Than some other issues came up, like copyright problems with the music and than some identity thief too...

Considering that and that it will be the biggest episode so far, some set bakcs here and there and that he will release everything for steam and co too, i think we are not that far off. And DPC went a little overboard with the animations... everything else is nearly done, the animations alone will take another 5-6 weeks from now. And as we know DPC, the quality (complexity) of those animations will increase too, so they took longer to render...

All this in mind 9-10 months for episode 9 is plausible... with maybe new hardware coming (RTX 4090) the new game system already working, and if it will be a somewhat smooth release of ep 9, episode 10 might take 6-7 months again. But it would concern me a little if 9 months or more for each episode will be the "new" standard from now on. But overlooking what DPC has done the last year since EP8 iam pretty optimistic that he will get a better workflow for the next episodes... if hes not struggeling.

Reactions: Gunizz and ZaphodB

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Every time I see "Zoey" i get a little pang somewhere. He has put so much focus on her and the MC my fear is that he wants to make something like a new Megan. He'll have the MC second guessing everything that happens because "they had something" or "I don't know why but...". Hopefully the MC won't be borderline obsessed with her for no rhyme or reason.
If its up to me, I'll ignore as much as possible Zoey, a cheap knock off of Chloe Price. I mean DCP made me chose a path so soon on CHICK and Zoey the drama he gives us? We'll see. I do trust DPC, so I am fairly curious to see how he'll make this work.

Reactions: qawser

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If its up to me, I'll ignore as much as possible Zoey, a cheap knock off of Chloe Price. I mean DCP made me chose a path so soon on CHICK and Zoey the drama he gives us? We'll see. I do trust DPC, so I am fairly curious to see how he'll make this work.
Lots of roadblocks and needless tension most likely.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes