always86

Mar 19, 2020
I could be extremely dumb and ignorant of what machines are required to efficiently render and process games of this quality cost, doesn't DPC make BANK? If he/they are being bottlenecked by something so silly as subpar equipment wouldn't that be such a lay up of an area to improve? Doesn't really check out to me.

Again though, I'm not going to run from allegations of me being an idiot, lol.
Yes, he makes plenty to upgrade. There is some argument for him waiting, until the newer tech has more stable drivers, and Nvidea stop their cables melting. He can probably increase efficiency a decent amount with new rigs all tuned up.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
No, that's not Greta Thunberg. That's Filippa Paperin.

Here's the news article that picture came from.

I happen to have expert and intimate knowledge that my picture is, in fact, of Ms. Thunberg because I did a 3-second Google search for current pictures of her, and that’s what came up.

Killjoy. :Kappa:

Fap safely away, Tuffy and Darkwen.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I just did a speedrun CHICK single route for CHICK Zoey content and the male teacher (forgot his name) turned up for work after getting beaten up at the chess competition, this is the first time this came up for me on multiple playthroughs, what changed for that to happen?
If you went to Derek instead of Sage or Bella at the end of the episode where Josy comes to campus and there's that whole spiel about doors. (Can't remember the actual episode number but you know what I'm talking about)
In one of the free roams, the fat guy who was shaking down the soda machine is contemplating whether he should join the chess club. If you tell him to do it, he subsequently goes into a rage fit and beats up the professor after the professor beats him in a chess match. I think it was actually in the newspaper in the scene before that class.

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I could be extremely dumb and ignorant of what machines are required to efficiently render and process games of this quality cost, doesn't DPC make BANK? If he/they are being bottlenecked by something so silly as subpar equipment wouldn't that be such a lay up of an area to improve? Doesn't really check out to me.

DPC's just one guy btw if you weren't sure whether it was just one developer or a team. In fact, him refusing to hire people is a point of contention that's been brought up multiple times.
(As a disclaimer I don't have a strong opinion one way or another about him hiring help.)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Yes, he makes plenty to upgrade. There is some argument for him waiting, until the newer tech has more stable drivers, and Nvidea stop their cables melting. He can probably increase efficiency a decent amount with new rigs all tuned up.
When he last upgraded his equipment, the rendering was no longer the bottleneck, but his intention to include longer animations resulted in the animation rendering dragging the development time on.

Supposedly he's running 8 x RTX 3090 GPUs, so his gear is definitely not sub par.

There's a fair bit to the process of creating the game:
  • storyboarding scenes
  • writing the dialogue
  • posing each render
  • posing the animations
  • rendering stills and animations
  • designing minigames
  • selecting music
  • coding
  • testing
  • hunting down dissidents and cancelling their subscriptions
And most of this is done in parallel. So while things are rendering, he's working on all the other manual processes. As long as he can keep adding things to his rendering queues so they aren't idle, it sounds fairly efficient.

But yeah, the animation rendering blew the project out by about a month (meaning it still would have taken 8 months even if the animations weren't a bottleneck!) because it takes so long for pretty much fuck all. Note there are less animations in this episode than there were in ep8, but the overall runtime of the animations is very likely to be longer. Some of the animations for this episode will be longer than a minute (his longest animation in previous episodes was only 30 seconds).

Anyone feel free to correct me here, but from simple research, it seems it could take more than a week to render a 1 minute animation (depending on the number of frames per second).

So yeah, hopefully he probably learnt a bit of a lesson that animations are his new bottleneck, and he has stated he really likes adding them (I agree they do elevate the game a bit - I'm talking about non-lewd animations here). So maybe he can cater better for it in the future.

But just buying more and more powerful hardware isn't really a solution for him, he'll just make the episodes even longer... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
When he last upgraded his equipment, the rendering was no longer the bottleneck, but his intention to include longer animations resulted in the animation rendering dragging the development time on.

Supposedly he's running 8 x RTX 3090 GPUs, so his gear is definitely not sub par.

There's a fair bit to the process of creating the game:
  • storyboarding scenes
  • writing the dialogue
  • posing each render
  • posing the animations
  • rendering stills and animations
  • designing minigames
  • selecting music
  • coding
  • testing
  • hunting down dissidents and cancelling their subscriptions
And most of this is done in parallel. So while things are rendering, he's working on all the other manual processes. As long as he can keep adding things to his rendering queues so they aren't idle, it sounds fairly efficient.

But yeah, the animation rendering blew the project out by about a month (meaning it still would have taken 8 months even if the animations weren't a bottleneck!) because it takes so long for pretty much fuck all. Note there are less animations in this episode than there were in ep8, but the overall runtime of the animations is very likely to be longer. Some of the animations for this episode will be longer than a minute (his longest animation in previous episodes was only 30 seconds).

Anyone feel free to correct me here, but from simple research, it seems it could take more than a week to render a 1 minute animation (depending on the number of frames per second).

So yeah, hopefully he probably learnt a bit of a lesson that animations are his new bottleneck, and he has stated he really likes adding them (I agree they do elevate the game a bit - I'm talking about non-lewd animations here). So maybe he can cater better for it in the future.

But just buying more and more powerful hardware isn't really a solution for him, he'll just make the episodes even longer... :rolleyes:
Yes he might make episodes longer, but there is a certain cut off with that if he wants to maintain his preconceived structure. The difference between the upgrade to 3090s and this is that all of the key system components have had an upgrade, better ram, better CPUs, better MoBos, better GPUs, it would probably cost him $10-15,000 to fully upgrade and build 3 top end rigs, two for rendering one for work.

Thing is he could always keep his current rigs running in addition to the new ones. That way he could have a couple dedicated to long form animations chugging away in the background while the others could focus on the other stuff. Given that he won’t hire any help, it’s the only way to use the money he earns to increase productivity.

Reactions: allanl9020142
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes