JavCh

Oct 1, 2020
I think being kind to them will pay off with them helping us out when Tybalt tried to pull some shit with us. Because they basically own us one for letting them go in.

Like how defending Chad in ep.3 have being a good terms with him but I will feel that will change if you fought with Troy in the future.
I think the same, I've always let them enter the party because they seem to be totally against Tybault and all that, so I think it probably will be good long term, but that's just what I think, and when the other user asked I assumed he expected to know something already known, and as far as I know, right now it has no significant effect and I could very easily be wrong (I have not the best experience with choices in this kind of games actually :rolleyes:).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alphaeboy

travelman

Dec 14, 2018

I've been sick for the better part of the week - stupid flu - but I'm almost back to normal now.
I've been writing and working on mini-games during the week, and the PCs are rendering animations as usual.
I have already prepared the backend code for all special renders, 2D art, and gallery. I usually leave this bit until late development, but I wanted to have it done early, making it easy to add collectibles and lewd scenes as I develop the episode.

Mini-games
I wanted to talk briefly about mini-games today and likely at another time during this development cycle.
With Season 3, I wanted new ones and also to see over the existing ones.
The English mini-game has been fun and challenging, and when I thought about whether I should replace it or not, I decided to keep it. But I have updated the design and functionality for Season 3.

You can now type the words, as I know many of you always have wanted. You also type "cheat" or "quit" for their functionalities, and a simple press of the spacebar will shuffle the letters.
You can type any 6-letter word freely and even use backspace; it feels fast and responsive.
I streamlined the backend code while I was at it to make it easy to add new tests without having to rewrite stuff in the future.
And don't worry; I didn't spoil the actual letters for the episode 10 mini-game with this preview. ;)
On the other hand, the Math class is getting replaced by a new mini-game. I have completed the development of it, and I love what I created.
I don't want to show you the entire thing or spoil the gameplay, but I will tease a subset of it with this image.

On top of these, I have two other completed mini-games, one almost complete mini-game, and two planned ones that I'm working on.

Walkthrough
The walkthrough was updated this week, in case you missed it. You can find it .

Q&A
I also posted a Q&A post where you can submit your questions .
I have been reading your questions and writing answers to them this week. Given the many questions in the post, I have enough to write the Q&A session. So, if you have more questions, now's the time to enter them. I will remove the post next week and later post my answers for all patrons.

Polls
The first poll for Episode 10 will be live this weekend. I figured we start with a bang and do the popular special render poll for the main girls.
Like Josy and Jill got a special render series in Episode 9, this time, it's either Isabella, Maya, or Sage who will receive one in episode 10.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Damn, I suck at words minigame, guess my grades will go down.

Reactions: Eduardo_olivares546

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Jan 18, 2022
DPC likes his narratives narrow, unavoidable and well cooked.
I think you meant burnt to a crisp.

One thing that really annoys me, is MC being retarded for the sake of plot very often.
Case in point, mom's diary. I mean, you grew up never knowing your mom, you get her diary served on a plate.
But MC reads it at the plot's convenience, like a page a week, which is just dumb.
Because if MC reacted like a normal person and read it in 2-3 days, all the mysteries would probably be solved.
But nooooooo, 1 page per week, for the sake of plot. MC has the time to fuck every girl on campus, but can't read more than a page a week, sure thing DPC.

Than again, maybe he is basing MC on himself. MC reads the diary as often as DPC reads criticism.
There are quite a few things going on in the game right now, out of the player's/MC's control. Lots of mysteries.
This one is easy to solve and completely in MC's power to do so. The speed at which he reads the diary is retarded, and no one can convince me otherwise. I wouldn't mind an interlude even regarding the diary tbh, hell, make it the Season 4 Interlude at this point since MC has no intention of reading it.

It's just that anyone who didn't have his mom growing up would jump at the occasion at reading it and getting to know her.
It's one of the elements that really grinds my gears.

I get why DPC is doing it the way he is. For the plot/narrative.
Doesn't change the fact that it's retarded behavior by the MC.
I've known people who loves a series a lot -considering it even her favourite- (I'm thinking particularly Friends in this case) that managed to be years of rewatching repeated episoded before watching the ending because she didn't wanted it to "end" (in fact I'm not sure if she has watched the ending yet :unsure: ). That's an extreme case probably yeah, but there are people like that, and I've also known other people who did things like that but not for that long.

There are people like that, I'm sure some people in that case would like to have something new to be told about their dead parent for a long time instead of just feeding up in a single session. It's not exactly a way of thinking I share, but it's one I know it's very real for some people, so I don't think it's such an artificial plot convenience (it's certainly done for that in this case obviously, but it's not irrational and cannot be explained just for that reason alone.
I remember the MC either thinks or actually mentions that he doesn't want to read it quickly because that's all he has of her. So yes extreme, but I guess I can see where the MC is coming from. Also, DPC wrote it so that the MC was unsure he even wanted to read it in the first place to respect her privacy, probably in hopes that we accept that excuse for not diving deep into the diary.

It would be nice to have at least one diary read/mention an episode but with the way DPC structured ep9, it would have been weird to have a random flashback of the MC reading the diary. And it's not exactly a party discussion the MC would have with anyone.

Reactions: JavCh

orochikidder

Oct 29, 2022
Can anyone help me with this error? It happen everytime i click on the reward ~> Mixed. I try to reinstall it with a fresh install but it still happen.
Untitled4.png Untitled5.png

JavCh

Oct 1, 2020

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I am so used to Derek calling me "ass man" that I gotta ask... does he call you differently depending on the choices when you first met him? or does the "ass man" sticks regardless?

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes