In episode 6, one more time Jacob takes a defensive posture:

Rusty "I told her I was sorry and how I wished it could have been undone."
Rusty "And then I told her I accepted full blame for it."
Tommy "Wait! You what!?"
Tommy "Full blame!? Are you stupid!?"
Rusty "Dude, I had to. It's my computer. I'm the president."
Rusty "I have to own up to my mistakes."
Tommy "But you didn't post that shit! None of us did!"
Tommy "Right!? This is the time to speak up about this or I swear to fucking God I will kill the DIK who did it!"
Jacob "Fucking stop it! No DIK did this."
Jacob "Trust your brothers like they trust you."
so you remember the exact lines or had all this prepared already?:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR

BigBlundino

Apr 1, 2022
Hey guys, got a question. I put the S1andS2 persistent file and start of episode 7 files (where I want to start playing froom) into my BaD folder>game>saves. The saves are there but none of the photos or scenes are unlocked. I tried putting them directly into the renpy game BaD folder, didn't work either. Do I have to go through the entire game to get the scenes again? All of this in on the 0.8.3 version btw.

BigBlundino

Apr 1, 2022
Got it working, thanks
Persistent tracks acheevies
Pics
Scenes
Etc
Things that go bigger than one save or play path
Or at least it should, uncertain why yours is bugged.
There is a mod to unlock all if you say "fukk it"

The dialogue read versus unread is tagged elsewhere so it does not know what to skip

You can put it on "skip unread" and it will skip anything.
If dialogue scenes was what you meant.
Got it working thanks

Reactions: VOYEUR

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
So the last round of the tournament is over. But for now I'm not gonna declare the results yet. I said I had a plan for the tampering election fraud justice for the slap incident, and I'm working on it. In the meanwhile vote for these matches...or don't and I just make Rio the champion :cautious:

Rematch of the slap
View attachment 2358816

Prez vs Rookie
View attachment 2358817
I'm closing the voting now. I usually do it with the results. But I'll make a bigger post this time, and recounting votes (and might have to step away for work :oops: ). And I don't want to be like half way done with the post then a vote comes in that upsets the whole ranking and I have to start again :cautious:

I'll post the result of the tournament in a few hours.

Reactions: SomboSteel

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
since it was falsely deleted for Trolling I will say it again.
MY opinion about Mr DPC recent Q/A session, is that: If We would have no evidence of his Simps existence, I would have Assumed he wrote those Question by himself just to shine his own EGO.

I leave out the laughing emoji, just to makes sure and understandable for "certain rulers" :rolleyes:That I don't mean it for Trolling

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I really don't know why Quinn, who can't be trusted about practically anything, should be trusted precisely on that. I've known a fair share of people offering drugs saying "it's nothing, it's practically nothing, just try it" to know addicts cannot be trusted. One of those drugs was cocaine, in the 2000's, so I think there was plenty of info about cocaine addiction.

Also, not that unusual that an addict considers other addictions worse than what they do, doesn't consider his own drug so addictive specially at the beginning of consumption... Nothing new in my book.

Anyway, my best guess is that it could be DPC trying to replicate older stories from the 70's in the 2000's. I mean, he's trying to mimic older College movies, series... when something like heroine probably wasn't so widely known and people could consider it that way. But if he does it know with the exactly same drug it won't be believable. He would need a drug with no history.

So the people who's saying it will be a DPC invented drug could be right, something that in the end was closely related to what heroine (i.e. a hard known drug) was but that we could believe people would trust in that time BADIK happens.
That's my guess too, so times there are already 2 references to the 70s. Once in EP5 Quinn told Josy to dance like in the 70's and in EP9 Jade told Stephen to insist on that 70's seat pit. This is interesting in that at that time heroin and cocaine were spreading as new hard drugs.

It does make me think about the game though. In EP2, when the MC was his father, Neil greeted the MC with hello dad. The MC told Neil that was funny, to which Neil replied so he will understand one day. In the 70's, Neil would have been a toddler and not directly involved with drugs. But with Neil's parents, it might have been different.

Actually, many grandparents of BaDIK students would have been 20-30 years old in the 70s. What if DPC left us a clue so that the family linkage, mistakes and parallels is not with the parents, but with the grandparents.:unsure:

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Buddy was in business with Quinn's dad Rox, so they go way back in the drug world, they most likely have well established connections with larger players, and are as such able to get access to all sorts of drugs.
Rox was another junkie living in a crack house, with his intelligent mind finally fucked up by coke abuse (probably that's why Quinn feels repulsion for that drug), not a criminal mastermind. Usually that kind of people that deal in the street doesn't sell all kind of drugs because aren't so well connected. They know a guy that grows weed in a basement in a drug house, or a middleman who knows another middleman who knows another middleman that has connections with a drug cartel, and sells them one kind of drug, either weed or coke, or heroin, or crack... Not everything, specially not both illegal and prescription substances.

A fucked up scumbag like Buddy selling more variety of drugs that a pharmacy, is weird. That's why I think that, for the principle of narrative economy, there could be only a mafia that controls both the ring of underaged prostitutes in B&R, and the ring of drugs in B&R and outside, being Buddy, Vinnie, Quinn and Burke only some of the pawns of a network that extends to several towns and universities, because just with the amount of business Quinn is doing in B&R, there is no way the benefit overweighs the risk. In that case, we can expect that at some point of the narrative, the FBI and DEA are going to enter in B&R full force, and is going to be a storm of shit for everybody.

Or maybe DPC hasn't thought about it. Maybe all the operation is just Buddy's small scale drug dealing from a crack house, with Quinn, Buddy and a few more junkies as pawns. Buddy gets that variety of drugs because... don't know, a wizard did it, for example, and that's all.

• Angry
Reactions: Cervixpunch

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I'm not bothered by the long development times; I treasure them. They allow me to do big things. I know how hard I work and that the game will be completed eventually. My main goal is to milk Being a DIK as good and much possible.
Fixed this for him cuz is shy to say it...:LUL:

I've been contacted by multiple AAA developers, showing impressive CVs and offering their knowledge to work with me. It's very humbling, but as many of you know by now, I have no desire to add anyone to my projects, regardless of experience – I love doing this alone.
Well i think this seals it once and for all guys with the "hire help" thing soooo good luck with your life span to see this game finished...:HideThePain:

Nothing really noticeable in this Q&A so yeah...:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Fixed this for him cuz is shy to say it...:LUL:

Well i think this seals it once and for all guys with the "hire help" thing soooo good luck with your life span to see this game finished...:HideThePain:

Nothing really noticeable in this Q&A so yeah...:sleep::sleep::sleep:
I don't think DPC is milking his patreons but he is sure adding random minigames and animations to increase the development time. I could consider it milking when we get 15 mins contents after 3 months. (I particularly didn't enjoyed episode 9 but it was kind of bigger and longer than most games here)

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I don't think DPC is milking his patreons but he is sure adding random minigames and animations to increase the development time. I could consider it milking when we get 15 mins contents after 3 months. (I particularly didn't enjoyed episode 9 but it was kind of bigger and longer than most games here)
I mean me playing only one route (Bella) it wasn't that long, not much longer than a i dunno 3 months content game... and let's be honest here it may seemed long cuz of the f'in' chore this update was...

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
the game keeps crashing even the lastest path update
If you're crashing after seeing Jacob, it's not a game issue/bug.
You are crashing due to mod usage or playing with a modded save.
Install the new version of the mod that was previously used to continue playing.
Mods break save files, specially after the Episode 8 relationship choice.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
If you're crashing after seeing Jacob, it's not a game issue/bug.
You are crashing due to mod usage or playing with a modded save.
Install the new version of the mod that was previously used to continue playing.
Mods break save files, specially after the Episode 8 relationship choice.
Mods MAY break saves, but the Jacob crash is because DPC deliberately sabotaged the game for modded saves, whether they broke the saves or not. You can fix them with the new version of the mod, or the mod fix in the OP.

Reactions: affque

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Mods MAY break saves, but the Jacob crash is because DPC deliberately sabotaged the game for modded saves, whether they broke the saves or not. You can fix them with the new version of the mod, or the mod fix in the OP.
I think the modded save fix is removed from Extras.
So I think installing newer vesions of the mods is the way to go atm.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I agree that Nick is most likely not the traitor (if there is one), but that begs the question of how Burke got a hold of the video, because it's either that Quinn is somehow connected to it, in which case she must be the blackmailer, or Burke has connections to other people (my guess is Vinny in such a case).

This also begs the question if Vinny actually opened the safe or not, and I think he did, I've gone back and listened to the sound effect of when he opens the safe (or at least tries to), and it's not the *clunk* sound I first thought it was, its more like a *click* sound, as though it was opened successfully, and Vinny couldn't do that without knowing the new safe combination, which means that he's the one behind the cameras, and I also fail to see what Quinn would gain from leaking all the photos of the DIKs fucking Arieth to Dawe, Vinny yet again makes more sense since he's someone who has a motive in simple revenge at the least.

And this would also explain why Nick's room is left untouched when the mansion gets destroyed, even if Nick isn't a traitor it is stated several times early on that he still meets with Vinny from time to time, so they're still close, and since Vinny likes Nick he would makes sure to leave Nick's room untouched while the rest of the mansion gets smashed, but I doubt Vinny would be able to smash the entire mansion by himself, it would be exhausting, and how would he recover the dildos that were used to wreck the Alpha's house, unless he was there when the DIK's threw them, and that might also explain why Dawe cancelled his orders from Quinn, if Vinny provided him with a better deal he'd give incentive to the Alphas to trust him, while also tossing a wrench in the gears of his competition for the drug market.
The Jade video could have been delivered anonymously to Stephen Burke.

The question of whether Vinny opened the safe in EP9 doesn't arise because he didn't open it. But we learn that Vinny knew the old safe combination, but not the new one. Because in EP4 Vinny was not in the DIK Mansion, he is allied with someone. Nick is too obvious and he says himself that this place got better when Vinny left.

But EP9 gives us some clues. So we learn so the Dorm Girls are usually the first at the DIK parties because they don't want to miss anything. In EP4, dorm girls are also there. It's not interesting which Dorm Girls we see, but rather the Dorm Girls we don't see. For example, the Vixen and Tara. They have a connection to Oscar, as you can see during the Dorm Party of EP8 and the Halloween Party.

The MC can throw Oscar out of the Mansion during the 2 Free Roam event of EP9. He is dressed as a bank robber. Banks have safes. But actually it doesn't matter if the MC throws Oscar out of the Mansion because the safe combination has been changed. The only strange thing is for Vinny to show up in the following Free Roam event. Vinny is also no longer a DIK, which was confirmed by Quinn. We likewise know so that Jamie and Leon partied a lot with the DIKs before they became DIKs.

What if Oscar is the ally of Vinny? Just because we didn't see Oscar in EP4 doesn't mean so he couldn't have been at the DIK Mansion, especially since Dorm Girls were also present during the party, or else, he used one or more Dorm Girls to drop off the Cathy Cluck. Vinny may have known all the codes because Rusty was very sloppy with them.

I think so Vinny wants to hurt the DIKs because he was tricked by Quinn and Tommy in the past. This is implied in a conversation between Quinn and Tommy. To hurt the HOTs, the rumor was started. But his hatred for some DIKs may be greater. Rusty will have believed Tommy more than Vinny at that time, because Tommy is still a DIK. That is why the Cathy Cluck will have been Vinny's attempt to cut off the head of the DIK snake. Rusty. Without Rusty, without the help of the MC, the DIK would have perished. So it can also be assumed that Vinny was involved in the destruction of the DIK Mansion by getting the Alphas to do it. Maybe he offered cheaper birth control pills to the Alpha. But that didn't work either thanks to the MC. Vinny must be starting to get hate on the MC.

Oscar couldn't open the safe because the safe combination was changed and/or because he was kicked out of the DIK Mansion by the MC beforehand. This was in Free Roam Event 2. What if this forced Vinny to get into the DIK Mansion himself. I noticed so Oscar has a black trash bag that is good for hiding things in. Vinny also has a backpack with him. Therefore one can suppose, so that something incriminating should be left behind. Only it doesn't make sense to obviously put it in the safe because Rusty, Tommy and maybe the MC would see it immediately.

But we do learn something from Rusty in EP9. So he keeps his car keys in the safe. You take the car keys, deposit something in the car and put the car keys back in the safe. It has to be deposited in the car because anyone can deposit something on a car. Then when Rusty is driving his car, the police are called and Rusty is arrested. Head of the DIK snake is cut off. But Vinny can't get into the safe either. So plan B for Vinny, who has seen the detective game in Rusty's room 100%. He switches the weapons. If we as players see the 4 pieces of evidence and follow them, Vinny will be able to do the same. Maybe it was the gun that Vinny wanted to put in Rusty's car. Why? There was news on a TV in the nursing home. It said that so someone got shot.

Now the possible murder weapon is in the DIKs' house. All that remains is to call the police. But Vinny makes mistakes. He leaves his mask in the room of the MC. The MC himself can write to his father that he is dressing up as a Spartan and even who doesn't write that to Neil, there are several photos of the MC. That's why this is a hint from DPC so that Elena writes that if people don't let themselves be photographed, they will be shot. Furthermore, there is a selfie of Becky showing Vinny. Tommy himself says to the MC that Vinny will never be in DIK Mansion again. So the biggest mistake of Vinny was so that he exchanged the guns in DIK Mansion.

This is a mix of theory and speculation.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes