Mar 9, 2019
Is it possible to do a BELLA path where JILL doesn't turn up to the house with two coffees and get upset. I've tried loads of options but can't make it happen.

My understanding is that you have to be nice to JILL for BELLA to be interested. I've done that but taken every option not to pursue a relationship with JILL but she still turns up to the house with two coffees and gets hurt. I've tried helping her at the concert and leaving it to BELLA to console her but makes no difference.

It would be nice to do a BELLA path where JILL doesn't get upset (with the coffees) and later disappears (according to text messages) but I'm beginning to think that just isn't possible.
Jill shows up because she is Bella's friend. The reason she is surprised and upset even when you're not pursuing her is that Bella encourages Jill to date Fuckface. When pursuing Bella she makes a really good case for Jill to date the MC, the only way you don't get that scene is by not being on their paths. There is literally no way around that since the tennis date is impossible to avoid. The MC does not have active indirect control over the other characters' actions, hence the unforeseen fixed consequences and drama(from Fuckface's perspective, most of us see them coming a mile away or, at the very least, anticipate them).

To sum it up, it is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Reactions: Kpyna

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I didn't kiss her, I was friendly with her but did not make any romantic approaches at all. This was confirmed when I was given options towards the end and I was just offered BELLA or THE OTHERS - not JILL.

But after the breakfast sex scene with BELLA, JILL still turns up with two coffees and looks upset when she spots BELLA and the main character together.

Then in the following free roam, BELLA texts and says

"MC. Did you hear anything from Jill, by any chance? I've tried to reach her for a few days, but she's not answering her calls or texts. I'm getting kind of worried."

MC then replies saying that he saw she was online on Rooster but she didn't write anything. He wonders whether there is something about the date with Tybalt.

BELLA then says "I don't know. I wrote and asked her about it, but I'm getting nothing. I haven't seen her around the library or school either so far this week"

So whatever way you play it with BELLA, it does seem to leave JILL upset and she goes off grid.

Even if you have not pursued a relationship at all with JILL the outcome is still the same, she gets upset and disappears. One possibility is that she is upset with what happened with Tybalt goes to visit BELLA for consolation, sees that BELLA is with the MC and feels that she has lost her best fried (BELLA) too.

Either way, I can't see that it is possible to complete the BELLA path without JILL becoming upset and disappearing.
I didn't seem to notice when the game got too branchy. But wait, what do you mean by Jill disappearing after she found out about MC and Bella? She definitely took some time out, but she will show up at the s9 halloween party after ghosting them for a few days, right?

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I didn't kiss her, I was friendly with her but did not make any romantic approaches at all. This was confirmed when I was given options towards the end and I was just offered BELLA or THE OTHERS - not JILL.

But after the breakfast sex scene with BELLA, JILL still turns up with two coffees and looks upset when she spots BELLA and the main character together.

"MC. Did you hear anything from Jill, by any chance? I've tried to reach her for a few days, but she's not answering her calls or texts. I'm getting kind of worried."

MC then replies saying that he saw she was online on Rooster but she didn't write anything. He wonders whether there is something about the date with Tybalt.

BELLA then says "I don't know. I wrote and asked her about it, but I'm getting nothing. I haven't seen her around the library or school either so far this week"

So whatever way you play it with BELLA, it does seem to leave JILL upset and she goes off grid.

Even if you have not pursued a relationship at all with JILL the outcome is still the same, she gets upset and disappears. One possibility is that she is upset with what happened with Tybalt goes to visit BELLA for consolation, sees that BELLA is with the MC and feels that she has lost her best fried (BELLA) too.

Either way, I can't see that it is possible to complete the BELLA path without JILL becoming upset and disappearing.
Well, you are kind of forced into dating her no matter what. She has absolutely no idea about the MC and Bella, and the MC never tells her he decided to stop pursuing her. So no matter what, it comes as a shock to see her best friend with the guy that friend tried to help set her up with. So she needs time to process it.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
Well, you are kind of forced into dating her no matter what. She has absolutely no idea about the MC and Bella, and the MC never tells her he decided to stop pursuing her. So no matter what, it comes as a shock to see her best friend with the guy that friend tried to help set her up with. So she needs time to process it.
I love this game, but I think this is one of its weak parts. We should have had the option to tell her.

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
I didn't seem to notice when the game got too branchy. But wait, what do you mean by Jill disappearing after she found out about MC and Bella? She definitely took some time out, but she will show up at the s9 halloween party after ghosting them for a few days, right?
Yes when I say disappearing I’m only talking about the end of Season 2, I’m not saying that she is gone forever as I’ve not played Season 3 yet.

The point I am making is that there is no possible way to do the BELLA path without upsetting JILL in some way to the extent that she goes off grid at the end of Season 2.

Scenario 1 - you have been dating JILL - she gets upset that you dumped her for BELLA - understandable

Scenario 2 - you have just been friends with JILL - she gets upset that you are with BELLA - either jealous or that BELLA didn’t confide in her

I get both scenarios, I was simply asking whether a third scenario is possible, where you romance BELLA and JILL is happy with it - from what I have tried and from what I have read, I don’t think there is.

Reactions: yossa999

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
I love this game, but I think this is one of its weak parts. We should have had the option to tell her.
For what it is worth, I don’t think you are forced into dating her - you are forced into being friends with her - and maybe that puts her in the friend zone where she is hoping for more. But if you choose not follow up on any of the opportunities the game does not think you are dating her - because at the end where you are asked to choose which girl(s), JILL is not an option.

I just think she is a rather fragile person and being dumped or not getting the guy she has feelings for (especially when he is with her best friend) is too much for her and she has to take time out.

The situation is created because BELLA and JILL are best friends. So if you play distant/cold/nasty with JILL then BELLA will not accept you, so if you want BELLA you have to be friends with JILL which forces the jealousy scenarios.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Communication is an issue for Fuckface and Jill, he doesn't tell her if he's not interested, she doesn't tell him if she's not interested (if he's DIK affinity or didn't go on the picnic with her).

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Yep.

For what it is worth, I don’t think you are forced into dating her - you are forced into being friends with her - and maybe that puts her in the friend zone where she is hoping for more. But if you choose not follow up on any of the opportunities the game does not think you are dating her - because at the end where you are asked to choose which girl(s), JILL is not an option.

I just think she is a rather fragile person and being dumped or not getting the guy she has feelings for (especially when he is with her best friend) is too much for her and she has to take time out.

The situation is created because BELLA and JILL are best friends. So if you play distant/cold/nasty with JILL then BELLA will not accept you, so if you want BELLA you have to be friends with JILL which forces the jealousy scenarios.
Wait, you can avoid dating Jill? How? That date and getting Bella to approve of you so she tells Jill it's OK to date the MC is a major part of the game.

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
Communication is an issue for Fuckface and Jill, he doesn't tell her if he's not interested, she doesn't tell him if she's not interested (if he's DIK affinity or didn't go on the picnic with her).
Even is you are Neutral or Chick affinity you still can’t tell her you are not interested. The best you can do is reject every option to take it further - the game acknowledges that you are not interested because you don’t get JILL as on option at the end.

But bottom line, if you are nice to JILL, just nice, nothing more, then she develops a heavy crush on you - she forces herself into your bed on two occasions for heavens sake - there’s the “you are not feeling very well, let me get into bed with you to comfort you” and the “I couldn’t sleep, let me lie down with you”.

Last edited:

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
Yep.

Wait, you can avoid dating Jill? How? That date and getting Bella to approve of you so she tells Jill it's OK to date the MC is a major part of the game.
Depends on what you call a date. You have to be nice to her - and that forces the tennis game - is that a date or two friends playing tennis. If the MC played tennis with Derek would that be a date.

But you can do as much as you can to make it clear that you are just friends, you still have to play tennis but there is no shower scene and no option to kiss her afterwards.

Is the whole friend zone issue (normally you see it with the genders reversed) where you are friends, one is content with that but the other wants more.

Putting it simply, if the MC treats JILL nicely she very quickly develops a crush on him.

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Even is you are Neutral or Chick affinity you still can’t tell her you are not interested. The best you can do is reject every option to take it further - the game acknowledges that you are not interested because you don’t get JILL as on option at the end.

But bottom line, if you are nice to JILL, just nice, nothing more, then she develops a heavy crush on you - she forces herself into your bed on two occasions for heavens sake.
I didn't dispute that. I just pointed out that it goes both ways, if Jill decides Fuckface isn't right for her she doesn't tell him just like Fuckface doesn't tell her that he's not interested.

Reactions: yossa999 and NH1980

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

I have never played this path. But include in your thoughts so that maybe Jill is angry because she has a crush on the MC, even though the MC has never made a romantic approach to Jill.

The problem is not for the MC to prefer another girl, but for him to prefer Isabella. Jill has no problem with Josy, Maya, Sage and even Quinn. Why? In EP4, Jill learns that the MC has had several dates with other girls, specifically Josy. At this point, Jill has just met Josy and Maya, Sage and Quinn she has only seen once at best. Okay, with Sage she wanted to talk, but Sage left her standing.

Isabella is a different story. Isabella and the MC didn't get off to a good start. In EP1, Isabella advises Jill to keep her hands off the MC and tells Jill to have her best interests at heart. Yes, Isabella slowly but surely changes her mind about the MC after that and then even advises Jill to date the MC. But one thing Isabella never told Jill. That she herself is interested in the MC. And here we have the problem. Jill doesn't feel betrayed by the MC because he was honest with Jill, but by her best friend Isabella because she wasn't honest. Not telling or hiding something essential is also a lie.

That is why it is canon on the Isabella Branch.

Last edited:
Reactions: dav3knight

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
Probably wrong theory about Vinny, Quinn and the shit that's going down.

Quinn shows up at B&R as a reject and pledges to the HOTs with Sage as her mother. She susses out her new "sisters" weaknesses pretty easily. Through Sage she meets Stephen Burke and comes up with the free tuition scheme. She brings in Sarah and Mel.

At the same time she starts partying with the DIKs and selling weed to them. Quinn and Vinny hook up, he begins dealing as well and she makes the mistake of letting him meet Buddy. Vinny gets more and more erratic.

Eventually Vinny screws up one too many times and gets caught with drugs on campus. Quinn gets out of it by blackmailing Stephen. Vinny expects Rusty to bail him out with his family connections, but he can't. Stephen covers it up by giving him the chance to drop out instead of being expelled.

Vinny blames the DIKs for "betraying" him, because, well, he's an unstable asshole. He's still talking to Nick, and he hears about the Alpha's smashing their windows, so he pushes their buttons further by stealing the photos of Aerith from the DIK laptop. Somehow he also knows about Chad/Troy and sets up a hidden camera to take the picture of Cathy - he knows it'll hurt both the DIKs in general, and Rusty particular since Cathy helped him in the past. Later he ambushes Quinn coming out of Buddy's.

Nick gets pressured into helping Vinny either out of misguided loyalty, because he's lying about not using anymore and Vinny is holding it over his head, or because he's got some unrevealed grudge too. Possibly he didn't realize how far Vinny was going to go, and now he can't admit he was involved.

It ties up all the loose threads, but having a single overarching mastermind like that can come off as ridiculous if it's not done carefully. We'll see.

Mar 9, 2019
Depends on what you call a date. You have to be nice to her - and that forces the tennis game - is that a date or two friends playing tennis. If the MC played tennis with Denis would that be a date.

But you can do as much as you can to make it clear that you are just friends, you still have to play tennis but there is no shower scene and no option to kiss her afterwards.

Is the whole friend zone issue (normally you see it with the genders reversed) where you are friends, one is content with that but the other wants more.

Putting it simply, if the MC treats JILL nicely she very quickly develops a crush on him.
Denis? I assume that was a typo and you meant Derek?

It is a date though, and it is made clear several times. You can only make Fuckface an asshole about it if you pick the choice that you asked Jill out to annoy Tybalt, at no point is it just a friendly meet-up.

The little lunch with Maya at the beginning is a friendly date, but the tennis date with Jill is a full-on date. You can friend-zone her during the date, sure, but it's still a date made with the intention of romance. As people have already said, the only reason you can't let her down with clarity is that it's not a narrative option. Blame DPC for that one.

Regardless, there is no third option and it would probably require too much alteration to add it in at this point. There is a mountain of variables already, adding more will make it even more convoluted.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019

But bottom line, if you are nice to JILL, just nice, nothing more, then she develops a heavy crush on you - she forces herself into your bed on two occasions.
What? When does she force herself into your bed? The only two times I can think of when they share beds is when she lies on Bella's sofa, next to the MC after asking and the MC telling her it's OK, and when the MC has to stay in her bed because he had a concussion, because it's the only bed.

Depends on what you call a date. You have to be nice to her - and that forces the tennis game - is that a date or two friends playing tennis. If the MC played tennis with Denis would that be a date.

The MC asks her out on a date and ends it by telling her he hopes there is a second date, he keeps calling it a date. "Jill. Would you like to go out on a date with me?". Would he say that to Denis?
I have never seen a version where the MC tells her that they are only playing tennis as friends and where there is no option to kiss her.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

I've been replaying the game from the beginning, which I haven't done in a few years, and now I see that I didn't really pay attention to how some of the storylines were set in stone, at least in the first season. No, you can't get away from the plot that easily. This date is not just a friendly date, even if you decide to go there just to get revenge on Tybalt. The MC says through his internal dialogue that he wants to give Jill a chance and see if there is something between them. Same with M&J, you can't tell Josy you're not interested, you can either fuck her or admit to her that you want it, you just want to do it right. In other words, you can control the MC's footlong, but not his feelings.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
What? When does she force herself into your bed? The only two times I can think of when they share beds is when she lies on Bella's sofa, next to the MC after asking and the MC telling her it's OK, and when the MC has to stay in her bed because he had a concussion, because it's the only bed.

The MC asks her out on a date and ends it by telling her he hopes there is a second date, he keeps calling it a date. "Jill. Would you like to go out on a date with me?". Would he say that to Denis?
I have never seen a version where the MC tells her that they are only playing tennis as friends and where there is no option to kiss her.
Just a question,who is here all the time Denis? :unsure:
is that Derek's name when he dresses up as a woman and finally comes out as a transvestite ?

Last edited:

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
What happens if Bella disapproves? Like if you wear the dildo helmet during lunch. Is her path blocked off?
Bella's path is blocked off, but not Jills. It's just a little harder to get with Jill.
Just a question,who is here all the time Denise? :unsure:
is that Derek's name when he dresses up as a woman and finally comes out as a transvestite ?
I have no idea. I just figured I had forgotten some character when he mentioned him/her. :LOL:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: soprano31

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I've been replaying the game from the beginning, which I haven't done in a few years, and now I see that I didn't really pay attention to how some of the storylines were set in stone, at least in the first season. No, you can't get away from the plot that easily. This date is not just a friendly date, even if you decide to go there just to get revenge on Tybalt. The MC says through his internal dialogue that he wants to give Jill a chance and see if there is something between them. Same with M&J, you can't tell Josy you're not interested, you can either fuck her or admit to her that you want it, you just want to do it right. In other words, you can control the MC's footlong, but not his feelings.
The Josy part is understandable, it's canon that Fuckface has had a crush on this girl for 2 months, no way would he drop it after the first kiss. What should be avoidable is Fuckface getting feelings the player doesn't want from when he gets to B&R. We can reject any sort of romantic interaction with Sage multiple times. But with Maya and Jill you're pushed into romantic feelings even if you take every option that they don't like (looking up Maya's skirt on first meeting, complimenting Jill with DIK status etc). You'll still kiss Maya, you'll still see the Jill date as romantic.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes