RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
That would be nice, but outside of a small story modification to include Quinn after the fanbase made a huge deal to including her as a main girl. Doing so only involves a small story rewrite. (I'm still not sold on that being the case either)

But to achieve what you're suggesting would basically invalidate the entire alignment system. Because rewriting the code for that part of the game would just mean scraping the entire premise of the first half of the game, and just isn't a plausible solution.

I know thinking that "Just screw the alignment system and just ignore it from this point on", would just throw the entire intent of the game from the get-go right out of the window. But to keep relationships on a 'flirty and plutonic' level can be done, no doubt about it. But I wouldn't expect the option of personal and intimate relationships with any of them once locked into 1 particular alignment path. This wouldn't be DPC's style.
I don't understand how allowing friendship routes would invalidate the alignment system? Determining your platonic relationship with the girls could easily fit within the confines of DIK and CHICK. Most of the girls just genuinely like Tremolo, beyond the sex, so being able to maintain friendships after you've picked a Main Girl honestly makes sense, if you're on good terms with them by the Halloween party. Otherwise it risks feeling more mechanics based than narrative based.

A DIK is probably going to still flirt regardless, since if they committed to anyone it's Sage, who like watching Tremolo fuck other girls, and CHICK would likely remain friends with most of the girl. Quinn is probably the exception because she crosses a lot of her mental barriers as she develops feelings for him, so it makes sense that she would turn cold again. It feels like a waste of her development though, if she just goes straight back to minor antagonist. Though I think Vinny's reintroduction to the story will push her more into "reluctant ally" at worse, but maybe I'm just being optimistic.
And thank God for that
I want to be able to play a route where Mc is going to fuck everything that moves
It's fun
:)
That said more is better for everyone ,but the game is already so massive that more is probably going to turn into too much
Personally, I would rather too much, than not enough. That said, I don't think friendship routes would need to deviate to much. Tremolo typically has flirty and non-flirty dialogue choices anyway, so it'd mostly just auto-select in some cases, or maybe just settle that Tremolo just likes to harmlessly flirt, without the need for it to lead to anything. A few minor tweaks might need adding, but I don't think it would add too much extra work.
I think it's obvious why MC can't romance Quinn while being in Throuple. Maya literally hate her and Josy rather tolerates her, they are unlikely to ever become friends. There are much less reasons for Jill, but since Quinn & Jill are like black & white opposites, this finally ends too.
Oh no, I totally get that. It just stings to lose out on Quinn's content, since I really like her arc so far. She's my favourite tsundare.

Hmm,honorable gentlemen, you see - Maya produces hatred. Although there is nothing to be surprised at, she is her father's daughter. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. :cautious:
Everyone produces hatred though? Plus Quinn has been at her worst when it comes to Maya, so I don't blame Maya in the slightest. I love Quinn, but she is a bitch. Honestly, that's why I love her :p

As for the Quinn and CHICK discussion that's going on. I think, the best case scenario, is her being less of a Mega Bitch to them post-Vinny fight. I don't see to much meaning in her fucking him during the CUMpetition, since she's more than likely just trying to fuck with him, or simply win the competition.

That said, I don't think I don't think the idea of her having a thing for a CHICK is completely without merit. Part of the DIK persona is how blunt and to the point they, so they're able to breach Quinn's rather brittle mental defences that she has up to to keep people at arms length. DIK MC is just to stubborn to take a hint.

It's not impossible that CHICK MC still has her attention, but due to their inability to get passed her defences, she's less inclined to open up to the possibility. It would probably take an outside event to force her to reconsider opening up, like say, Vinny threatening him with a gun.

Do I think it's likely? Maybe, actually. Quinn's an important part of the story, so she's never going to get sidelined if you didn't trigger her route in episode 6, so having her having secretly harboured something for the MC regardless of alignment would work in consolidating her routes into something more manageable. Though, if she's destined to go down a dark path that ends it prison or death, it's already easy enough to consolidate them since you only need to make the romance version of it sadder.

I hope it doesn't go the latter route of course, as I don't think it fits with the tone of the game. This isn't Skins.

Reactions: QBaSS

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I don't understand how allowing friendship routes would invalidate the alignment system? Determining your platonic relationship with the girls could easily fit within the confines of DIK and CHICK. Most of the girls just genuinely like Tremolo, beyond the sex, so being able to maintain friendships after you've picked a Main Girl honestly makes sense, if you're on good terms with them by the Halloween party. Otherwise it risks feeling more mechanics based than narrative based.

A DIK is probably going to still flirt regardless, since if they committed to anyone it's Sage, who like watching Tremolo fuck other girls, and CHICK would likely remain friends with most of the girl. Quinn is probably the exception because she crosses a lot of her mental barriers as she develops feelings for him, so it makes sense that she would turn cold again. It feels like a waste of her development though, if she just goes straight back to minor antagonist. Though I think Vinny's reintroduction to the story will push her more into "reluctant ally" at worse, but maybe I'm just being optimistic.
When you put it that way, I can't disagree.

I had understood that the intent was to open up more intimate paths.
But ok, I understand what you're saying now.

Reactions: RandoCard3

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Oh, come on. I'm just kidding here. I like Maya too. And all the girls in this game. Even feminists. Although perhaps it was not worth talking about it...:rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure every main girl and most side girls would qualify as Feminist if we really delved into it, so you'd be limiting your options if you excluded them lol

But yeah, I like almost all of them. The only ones I don't like are Jade, The Hungry Feminist, and as of episode 9, Dany (though I think Jamie was being a fucking idiot during the whole they/them bit).

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
The fact is this. Jill probably never met Lynette. Why? On this picture Lynette is 18 years old and Jill would be in the best case only 2 years old. To make matters worse, this villa was still owned by Lynette's parents at the time these photos were taken.
View attachment 2749204

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other than the overly dramatic theory, I kind of agree with you. Lynette father probably sold the house to Jill's family. (That is pretty much confirmed) We can't assume Lana age yet. She could be 16/17 when she died or her mother had her pretty young. Not to mention, Jill father is still depressed and can't get over their daughter death. As for Amelia, we can't exactly assume shits about something we don't know. I mean you can be right by some miracles but I only judge from what I know and so far madame doesn't seems like she is related to anyone other than Quinn/Vinny/strip club/sage(biological mother) and definitely not Jill/Josy/Maya. :HideThePain:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Personally, I would rather too much, than not enough. That said, I don't think friendship routes would need to deviate to much. Tremolo typically has flirty and non-flirty dialogue choices anyway, so it'd mostly just auto-select in some cases, or maybe just settle that Tremolo just likes to harmlessly flirt, without the need for it to lead to anything. A few minor tweaks might need adding, but I don't think it would add too much extra work.
The thing about the MC's flirting I find interesting. Often the MC says something that the girls find absolutely cute and charming, but the MC doesn't even realize that he was flirting. The joke is that even at the end of EP9, most girls don't even know that the MC is in a relationship and still consider him single.

Reactions: RandoCard3

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah, Rox, that's your girl. Honestly, for once. Rox is a shitty chess teacher, no wonder Quinn can't get anything done in life.

The pawn is not a good choice. Knight to G6 would be the appropriate response. Defend defensively, with an extended game setup and the possibility to put further pressure on the white queen. Black could thus quickly collect a few pieces in case of a mistake by white.
screenshot0001.png

Daandas

Jun 26, 2023
Btw, what happens if Derek doesnt like you? So far i kinda went full on bro mode bc i really like him, but are there any drawbacks?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Btw, what happens if Derek doesnt like you? So far i kinda went full on bro mode bc i really like him, but are there any drawbacks?
for now, absolutely nothing changes (as for RPs to other fraternities) likely to come back into play sooner or later and it will probably be the usual DPC shenanigans

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Dude, this girl is 20 years old, it's too early to judge what she can get done in life.
While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying here, your profile picture heavily suggests that your opinion has been compromised lol

Quinn could be pretty successful in life if she lives
I think her dying would be a pretty shitty direction to take the story. It clashes with the overall tone of the game, and while she can be a massive piece of shit at times, she's not so bad that it wouldn't be a tragic outcome.

Especially since it's made clear she was groomed to be this way, by a dad that she clearly loved. Like, the whole "don't trust anyone, and keep anyone you have to trust, keep them at arms length" is a classic isolation tactic to make sure she's easier to control, and it's fucked her up.

I don't really see a way of selling her death as anything more than a surprise downer ending. The only thing I've seen pull it off is season 1&2 of Skins, and that generally has a much less light hearted tone than Being a DIK, and failed at it two out of three times, because it causes a massive tonal shift each time.

Reactions: Darkwen

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying here, your profile picture heavily suggests that your opinion has been compromised lol

I think her dying would be a pretty shitty direction to take the story. It clashes with the overall tone of the game, and while she can be a massive piece of shit at times, she's not so bad that it wouldn't be a tragic outcome.

Especially since it's made clear she was groomed to be this way, by a dad that she clearly loved. Like, the whole "don't trust anyone, and keep anyone you have to trust, keep them at arms length" is a classic isolation tactic to make sure she's easier to control, and it's fucked her up.

I don't really see a way of selling her death as anything more than a surprise downer ending. The only thing I've seen pull it off is season 1&2 of Skins, and that generally has a much less light hearted tone than Being a DIK, and failed at it two out of three times, because it causes a massive tonal shift each time.
i dont disagree necessarily, but even with the more serious tone i dont think anyone actually predicted how Acting Lessons would end. i think its fair to say that with DPC, you never really know

Reactions: ChipLecsap

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
It's too early? She hasn't learned anything from learning chess to the present. If I extrapolate that, I get down to six feet under.:devilish::ROFLMAO:
Oh, of course. Maya and Josy apparently learned a lot. And they managed to achieve a lot at their young age. This cannot be denied. Especially impressive is the extraordinary intelligence of Maya, who thought that someone would pay for her education, simply so, because she is a very good person. It's brilliant idea.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes