SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I've not played Acting Lessons myself. Did it end well? I've only heard complaints about it through this thread.
without spoiling, it ends with an almost insane twist that i doubt even dalli_x would have been able to predict. even with the overall heavy subject matter, it was definitely something out of left field

not really, he only did 1 game it's not like has some track record of this
which is exactly why i said, "with DPC you never really know". it could just be a light hearted romp, or it could turn into something with a more cathartic finale that deals with actual emotions and/or other human issues besides just funny sex jokes.

for example, even something like Fast Times at Ridgemont High deals with real stuff eventually. surface level it is a funny coming of age tale with lots of sex stuff but it does delve deeper before the end

Reactions: sava75

tremologuitar14

Jul 2, 2023
SanchoNote - Music Replacement

You might want to bookmark this for later. These will be the instructions for getting all the music back like it was pre v0.8.3 (either SanchoModded or un-modded) and are to be used in conjunction with the pending SanchoMod S1/S2 v0.8.3 update OR the separate patch for you folks running virgin (un-modded), both of which should be available later this evening.

Q: But Sancho, is there a difference between the two?
A: Yes, I'm so glad you asked. The difference between the pending SanchoMod update and the un-modded patch are as follows: you virgins running un-modded will get MOST of the music back but I'm not about to change hundreds of files and more code lines than I already have to get you 100%. If you want 100% then the SanchoMod multi-mod will get you done. That's the breaks Sparky, there's always a trade off.

Enough yammering, instructions are as follows (don't worry, I know what I'm doing as I recently reverted almost all the music for another very popular VN (LoF) recently and it went seamlessly for thousands of players):
  • From either your v0.8.2 installation OR it's original zip file grab one file being exactly "music_ep1.rpa" found inside the "game" folder (directory).
  • After you've installed the new SanchoMod v0.8.3 OR the separate patch for those playing un-modded, copy that old "music_ep1.rpa" file inside your v0.8.3's "game" folder, overwriting the one that exists currently.
  • Done.
Easy, right? Yeah, but I'm sure there's a ton of folks that will still fuck it up as always. Don't be that DIK, follow the instructions for the sake of both your sanity and mine, please. My nightly Crown & Cokes only provide me so much tolerance so cut me some slack.

Works in-game, at the Main Menu, on the Old Phone, and on the New Phone:

It's just one of the many new features the pending SanchoMod update gives you (and a bonus patch for you mod virgins).

Regards.

Edit: If you can't find the one file you need above, see Frostvred's post here for a link.
Hey Sancho, I have the file I need and want to run a "virgin game" as you so call it, but I don't know what patch you're talking about that I need. The file - music_ep1.rpa - is in the unpacked contents of the game that I downloaded from Frostvred's post. I put it in precisely as you said, I just don't know what patch I need to make it work. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never modded a game before or tried to change out files so I don't know if I'm missing something. Thanks

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Sancho, I have the file I need and want to run a "virgin game" as you so call it, but I don't know what patch you're talking about that I need. The file - music_ep1.rpa - is in the unpacked contents of the game that I downloaded from Frostvred's post. I put it in precisely as you said, I just don't know what patch I need to make it work. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never modded a game before or tried to change out files so I don't know if I'm missing something. Thanks
See above.

Reactions: Sancho1969

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
All right, it's speculation time. I can think of a few possibilities.

Josy told Quinn... Yeah, sure.

Somehow DPC didn't give much thought to the scene and thought to himself that it was OK for Quinn to have telepathic powers at that very moment. It seems unlikely for someone like him, though.

Or the three of them (meaning Fuckface, Josy and Maya) have somehow been recorded during sex or just being tender between them and Quinn has access to that footage.

In episode 6, when Quinn visits Mona at the latter's dorm, once Lily and Camila leave the room and Quinn thinks there are no witnesses, tells Mona these lines:

- Do you think Professor Stephen Burke will allow a student to solicit sex on campus?
- Doing what you did, put you on his radar.
- I know how to handle him, but I'm sure he wouldn't like hearing that you're out there blabbering about how he tried to buy sex from you.
- A man in his position, would probably reverse such a rumor and take action.
- Students have been expelled for far less and the whore label you'd get would be hard to shake.
- Don't ruin your future, Mona.

"I know how to handle him". To what exact extent goes whatever relation Quinn and Burke have? Maybe Burke also has video proof of Fuckface's adventures with Maya and Josy, and Quinn knows through him? And what is more, may Quinn actually be Priscilla as I read DIKAssman suggesting when he still had an active account and posted here?
big part of chapter six hinges on how smart Maya and Josy are to avoid having to show evidence of their scavenger hunt to Quinn, particularly the very sex videos (which Quinn later continues to search for). If Quinn actually already had something in hand all of this would no longer make sense.

absolutely not that the 3 go to such great lengths to protect the secrecy of their relationship: the picnic in Chapter 5 in theory could have been seen by anyone, so that somehow word got to Quinn, who is the little BR boss anyway, is not so far-fetched.
During the dorm party practically Elena and John Boy have all the elements to figure out the situation, and it's not like they were investigating them

Reactions: Jumbi

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just want the MC to shout from the rooftops that he loves Maya & Josy

And I want to tell that douche Peter as well.
I'm still salty with him for making Maya upset.

Also, maybe the mc could invest his $5000 in something to try and pay Maya's tuition.
If any girl deservers a break it's her

sampow

May 14, 2023
It's a mutual thing. MC can't romance Quinn, since both girls he have a relationship with can't stand her. Quinn probably can't and don't want to trust him, since he is with Maya, etc. But here's what you should think about. We can romance Jill, and Quinn doesn't have a clue that MC in a relationship with her until the library scene in EP8, but she almost immidiately dumps any MCs advances if he is involved with Throuple (EP6 - we can't help her). We know that J&M and MC are always behaved well on public, not allowing any rumors and showing signs of their relationship. How Quinn knew about this?
But those facts remain the same even if you choose to be friends with Josy and Maya rather than be in the throuple, and if you choose to be friends with Josy and Maya then Quinn still allows you to help after she gets attacked. The question is how being in the throuple stops Quinn letting you help her after the attack, how does she know that you've entered into the relationship with Josy and Maya after ep 4 when no-one else knows? Being with Jill cuts you off from Quinn when she overhears you making plans to have dinner with Jill and her friends, did she overhear something to tell her that you are in the throuple and if so when?
However, this in no way answers the question.

Quinn always knows that something has been going on between Maya and MC, but how does she know at that time, in chapter six, that the relationship is continuing? a relationship kept theoretically secret
There are a couple things that causes her to not let you help her. I had to get on her path to get to Riona, so, I'm sure you have to have DiK affinity, chick's not going to cut it. But, I think there's two conditionals and I really don't want to check the script for it. So, if people have been kissing Maya and Josy's ass, they will never be able to help Quinn.
Quinn knows about Josy from when she called MC, and Quinn knows that MC likes Maya so its pretty easy to figure out something is going on with Mc, Josy and Maya. I'm sure Sage knows the 3 of them are dating by Ep 10 and likely knew something was going sooner. If Josy, MC and Maya wanted to keep there relationship secret they did a bad job of it, but I'm ok with that:love::love: go figure :ROFLMAO:
:rolleyes: Even I am not so optimistic as to hope that you will lucidly answer a question about Josy and Maya

Quinn knows that MC is interested in Maya and Josy, no one doubts that, but how does he know that at the end of chapter four everything was fine? How does he know that their relationship is continuing?

because with all he knows if Mc is rejected that night or decides to remain just friends with the two girls, Quinn doesn't give a shit about past feelings
If Quinn doesn't give a shit then why does she care if Mc is dating Josy and Maya she should love that Mc is fucking with Tommy sister this is actually out of character unless Quinn really loves MC. How quinn knows if Mc pick Josy and Maya really there isn't answer just something DPC did because there isn't a way for her to know unless she saw Mc go to Josy and Maya's drom in 4 or have sex with one of them in 5. She shouldn't know about it her knowing is just a way to make harder to fuck her
This is the most interesting part. How she knows that MC is more than friends with J&M.
You can't help Quinn if you are in the throuple regardless of affinity, status or whether you've fucked Quinn (on the roof and/or threesome with Rio). That's the point the person who asked the question originally was making and neither you or Dalli are able to explain, because the explanations offered are true whether or not you are in throuple so don't explain why Quinn doesn't accept help if you're in the throuple.
So, just to set you all straight on this "How does Quinn know?" conundrum:

She doesn't.

Quinn has thought that the mc is gunning for Maya all along no matter what you do. Even if Quinn chooses to go with the mc to his room where he tends to her cuts and they fuck, shortly afterwards, if he sits with her (and the HOTs) for lunch, when he asks about the HOTs scavenger hunt, she replies (regardless of any relationships):

Quinn: "If Maya wasn't your soon-to-be girlfriend, we might have told you."​

But whether Quinn knows the mc is in a relationship with Maya or not is simply not the point; people are getting hung up on the literal variables being used rather than the implication of those variables.

Quite simply, the kind of guy that would end up with Maya is not the kind of guy Quinn would be into, she doesn't make that assessment because the mc is with Maya, she makes that assessment because of who the mc is. That's all there is to it.

The two girl's are polar opposites, and the mc has to be in touch with his feminine side in order to score with Maya, and such a guy would make Quinn want to puke. Sure, Quinn might fuck a stoned Chick mc, but she was already high. But when she was hurt and in distress, the last person she'd want to confide in is a guy she perceives as weak. She's subconsciously looking for someone like her dad (aren't all girls?).

So lets look at those variables again, but expand on their connotations (if any of the following conditions are true, Quinn walks):
  • not quinnLikesYou: This really reflects whether DPC likes you or not since this is only gonna fuck you up if you're not playing on a PC.
  • not ep4_quinn_lewd: Fucking Quinn on the roof, when she was high and had her guard down a bit, was an "in" with her. You wouldn't have gotten in if you didn't make your move when she was in this state.
  • affinity != "DIK": Clearly Quinn is only into guys who exhibit the traits that this very broad brush encompasses.
  • pathMayaJosy: And here we are. Sure, we could take it literally, that Quinn isn't interested because she thinks you're in a relationship with M&J, but I debunked that above. No, it's because the kinda guy that could be on that path, is the kinda guy that Maya would have said this to:
Maya: "Even though you're a guy... When we talk... It feels like you're a girl."​
This is definitely not the kinda guy Quinn is interested in.​
Now sure, you can play a style gets you on the M&J path and then have DIK affinity by the time episode 6 comes by. But so what? Quinn isn't constantly getting updates on the mc's personality, by the time the mc cements things with M&J, Quinn may have already decided what she thought of him, i.e:

1688724251055.png

Last edited:

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
I just want the MC to shout from the rooftops that he loves Maya & Josy

And I want to tell that douche Peter as well.

I'm still salty with him for making Maya upset.

Also, maybe the mc could invest his $5000 in something to try and pay Maya's tuition.
If any girl deservers a break it's her
Dude if you’re talking about Pete, that’s Josy's dad ! :rolleyes:
screenshot0001.png

And he didn’t do anything wrong. He’s actually pretty cool !

Patrick is the douche that made Maya upset. :mad:
screenshot0002.png
Get your in-laws right !!!

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dude if you’re talking about Pete, that’s Josy's dad ! :rolleyes:
View attachment 2751113

And he didn’t do anything wrong. He’s actually pretty cool !

Patrick is the douche that made Maya upset. :mad:
View attachment 2751114
Get your in-laws right !!!
My god You're right I made a terrible mistake
Patrick Is the douche not Peter
I better not confuse them in the future
After all they will both be my father in laws lol

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
My god You're right I made a terrible mistake
Patrick Is the douche not Peter
I better not confuse them in the future
After all they will both be my father in laws lol
I just figured you meant because Peter was so nice to Josy that it made Maya jealous and sad.
So I was all for it, punching him in the face for being too nice.
Works for me!
:ROFLMAO:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
I'm asking this for i don't know how many times. Where the fuck it is implied that Jill and Bella have relationships or some kind? Am i failed at reading?
It's the scene where MC is sleeping on Bella's couch after Cathy goes home from her house. Jill and Bella are sharing Bella's bed, and there is an oblique conversation about something that happened which makes Jill so uncomfortable that she goes to sleep on the couch also. Many people think they got intimate with each other and now regret it.

ji "Is something wrong?"
isa "No. Nothing's wrong."
ji "If you say so."
ji "It's not gonna happen again."
isa "..."
isa "I thought we had an understanding."
ji "We do. That's what I wanted to assure you of."
isa "I don't need to be reassured. I need you to stop talking about it."

ji "Wow..."
ji "Fine! But I wasn't though."
ji "And it's not my fault, I was going to sleep on the couch."

isa "Can we just sleep?"