allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
When the update drops how many of you are considering playing the whole thing from S1?

I normally always do for big titles that have big updates so that I refamiliarize myself as to how I got to my most recent save. However just thinking about all the dumb minigames and unlocks you could get behind it makes me dread doing it. Free roams that take ages as well to clear all requisites.
I do that too with pretty much any VN that updates every 6 months or longer. Mostly because unless it was impactful, I forget almost everything about the VN. With BADIK, I've replayed it so many times that I've forgotten the details but as soon as I start replaying it I have this weird "Eureka" moment and go "I remember everything now.":oops:

I've kind of already been trying to replay from S1 ever since maybe March. I've been meaning to redo my saves so my choices are more "organized" but it's just so fucking tedious to do it all over again. And to add to that, I still haven't done the Ep 9 playthrough for Bella's route. Plus depending on when Ep 10 drops, I might not even have the mind to play it as soon as it's updated anyway.

Minigames aren't too bad except for the English class one. Epitome of tedious. Free roams are what kill me. Ep 7's HOT Party was annoying, Ep 8's dorm party awakened an OCD I didn't know I had with all the different variables stuffed inside (and DPC's walkthrough that even he didn't feel like outlining everything for lol), and Ep 9 was soul-sucking.

Just kinda tired, busy, and becoming more indifferent towards VNs and BADIK. You just ... get too used to not playing anything because you're waiting for updates that it becomes the routine rather than the exception. Once an update comes out, you just go "Eh, I'd rather do whatever else I've been doing in my free time for the past 12 months." or "Ya, Imma just beat off and go to bed. Ain't nobody got energy for 2 hours of that shit".

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
When the update drops how many of you are considering playing the whole thing from S1?

I normally always do for big titles that have big updates so that I refamiliarize myself as to how I got to my most recent save. However just thinking about all the dumb minigames and unlocks you could get behind it makes me dread doing it. Free roams that take ages as well to clear all requisites.
Normally a few weeks before the release of a new chapter I would take the opportunity to do a new run that would also allow me to comprehensively review the story

right now though, I don't have any interesting new runs in mind, so I will probably redo the full DIK run which is one of the two runs where minigames are enabled to disable them

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
This is good news, so the game will be released tentatively December 1-8
I don't know if I can ever call a few days before a full year development cycle for an update that consists of 1/16th of a game "good news" lol. We're well past the stage of good news, we're basically getting to the point where no matter the date it's an utter embarrassment. Sorry, I know people here sound like a broken record complaining about the release date and I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I don't think people should ever stop criticizing how much of a perfectionist DPC is (to the detriment of efficiency and reasonability).

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
While saying next dev cycle would be shorter AND upgrading his systems, mind you. When we cross 2024 with no updates I want to see his paypigs eating shit and his mental gymnastics why it couldn't be done any other way. :BootyTime:
Has there been an update since Episode 6 where he hasn't said "the next one will be shorter"? lol

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I don't know if I can ever call a few days before a full year development cycle for an update that consists of 1/16th of a game "good news" lol. We're well past the stage of good news, we're basically getting to the point where no matter the date it's an utter embarrassment. Sorry, I know people here sound like a broken record complaining about the release date and I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I don't think people should ever stop criticizing how much of a perfectionist DPC is (to the detriment of efficiency and reasonability).
You take away the perfectionism and the 60fps change, and all the others bells and whistles he adds.

With the sheer amount of renders/animations updates will always take time.

And sure he can do smaller updates but it will still take the same amount of time to get to the end.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
You take away the perfectionism and the 60fps change, and all the others bells and whistles he adds.

And sure he can do smaller updates but it will still take the same amount of time to get to the end.
I'll remember this when Episode 11 takes over a year and doesn't release till January 2025 :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Antauriel

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Guys, help me figure something out. He says it will take 24-28 days to render the entire animation queue. The last status, if I remember correctly, was 52 or 56 animations in the queue. So the guy basically says he bakes 2 animations a day? Not 1 animation in 2 days, but 2 animations in 1 fucking' day?
And what is an animation? If to look at every lewd scene, there is a menu of sex positions, each menu choice shows a short animation. Is that what was meant by this?
It's also everything else that isn't a static image. For example, in ep 9 when Jamie was flipping off Leon. That whole sequence was an animation. So both lewd and non-lewd sequences are being referred to when he mentions animations. In fact, Ep 9 had a lot of that shit. Damn. I barely noticed all of it except for the opening now that I think about it.

Rendering for animations can also vary based on how complicated a sequence might be. It's like comparing rendering a batch of 10 static images vs 50. Which is probably why DPC's basing his projections based on the average rate (at least I think that's what he said). But I have very little technical knowledge when it comes to this stuff. Also, there's probably someone else who at least knows the bare minimum who's already replied anyway. So ... just listen to that guy. lol.

Reactions: yossa999

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
There are good reasons for its long development time. First, it is branching and the large number of variables it has to keep track of. I don't know of any other game on this site that has that much variability. Secondly, the 60 fps animations were really rather unnecessary than necessary, but since he made the decision he made it. There's nothing you can do about it.
But yes we are at the point where releasing an episode once a year is already a good thing.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Putting aside the 60fps thing, it seems like it's mainly the animations that have held things up for Ep 10, Ep 9, and I think maybe even Ep 8 (probably remembering wrong, might have been the static renders for that one).

The question is, do we really need all those animations? Except for maybe the opening and maybe one other sequence, I barely noticed them in Ep 9. But that's just me. If DPC and the majority want them, then I guess it is what it is.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Episode 11 I'm waging March 2025.
That's not going to happen. It is not profitable for DPC itself. It has only updated the PCs towards the middle of development and will probably have updated systems from next year and therefore development MUST be faster. Not to mention it will save time on minigames.
I'm not saying it will speed up development time by much, but all it will do is allow him to stay within one year. But in the end, we're coming to the annual winter release of a new episode.

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
That's not going to happen. It is not profitable for DPC itself. It has only updated the PCs towards the middle of development and will probably have updated systems from next year and therefore development MUST be faster. Not to mention it will save time on minigames.
I'm not saying it will speed up development time by much, but all it will do is allow him to stay within one year. But in the end, we're coming to the annual winter release of a new episode.
We also said 1 year is not possible, and yet here we are lol. I think he trained his audience on discord and patreon, so they will give him time. New tech isnt coming until 2025, so only thing he can really do is add more 4090's to his setup.

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
Has anyone tried to a list with all possible routes (including combinations with non-main-LIs and also variations, like, "with Bella & broke Jill's Heart"/"with Bella & on good terms with Jill" or "with Sage & banged/dismissed Jade")? I was thinking about doing that but, if someone already did it, it would save me work...
I did. I have a nasty disease - I am a Completionist. Cant help it, I must see everything. I went for a Casanova run (chasing all main girls) + bunch of others. I had a save, but my ssd went to shit, so I lost everything. It's what you expect - bunch of drama. You break girls hearts and Jade wants to kill you. Other girls such as Lilly and Nicole are just sad you cant fool around with them.

Reactions: The Japanese

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
If you do this, your dear Quinn will not forgive you.
She won't forgive ?
So what ?
Nothing wrong.
If they kick me out of prison, I won't leave. 037 (1).gif
I will sing songs under the windows of the prison about my love for the Divine Quinn. 127.gif
She won't like it, I know. 042 (1).gif
But it's not my fault. 057 (1).gif
Because it's a crime to be so unimaginably beautiful. 019.gif
She'll have to get used to it. :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: Ekzou

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Technically you could but it makes little sense. It would be like starting a movie from the middle. You don't know the story, any of the characters and you'll have no idea what's going on.
Plus you might accidentally wind up sleeping with Quinn.

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes