Sep 26, 2023
"meaningful significance" drugs, prostitution and blackmail?o_O
Yes, yes and yes. Thoses are all central plotlines, amigo. Without the prostitution there's no free tuition plot. No free tuition plot ? Maya wouldn't have tried to join the HOTs and wouldn't have anything to do in the first two seasons. Josy wouldn't have any reason to join the HOTs to help Maya with her tasks either. Nothing would have happened with Burke and Mona. Burke wouldn't have no reasons to not help Maya in EP9. o_O

Without the drugs plot, Riona, Lily & Vinny have no role in the story. The HOTs being present at the prep party and the trashing of the DIKs mansion don't happen. The plot of rebuilding the DIK mansion doesn't happen. The cliffhanger of the last episode doesn't happen. o_O

Once again. You haven't really paid attention, I see. o_O

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Yes, yes and yes. Thoses are all central plotlines, amigo. Without the prostitution there's no free tuition plot. No free tuition plot ? Maya wouldn't have tried to join the HOTs and wouldn't have anything to do in the first two seasons. Josy wouldn't have any reason to join the HOTs to help Maya with her tasks either. Nothing would have happened with Burke and Mona. Burke wouldn't have no reasons to not help Maya in EP9. o_O

Without the drugs plot, Riona, Lily & Vinny have no role in the story. The HOTs being present at the prep party and the trashing of the DIKs mansion don't happen. The plot of rebuilding the DIK mansion doesn't happen. The cliffhanger of the last episode doesn't happen. o_O

Josy would still join the HoTs because she always wanted to be in a sorority

Reactions: dalli_x

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
Agreed for the reasons The Krogan Dude posted above.

Why? The sex for tuition would still be happening, we'd still know about it through Mona and Cam, Josy would still join the HOTs, we just wouldn't know that Derek's dad is a bigoted asshole, not much of a collapse to the plot.
If you remove Maya the plot would still happen, but we lose a whole chunk of plot dedicated to both her and Derek by DPC

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
If you remove Maya the plot would still happen, but we lose a whole chunk of plot dedicated to both her and Derek by DPC
One plot line wouldn't exist: Maya's tuition (which is a lot of people's least favourite plotline), and by extension finding out about the her family life. That plot line could be removed without damaging any other plotlines.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
That point has no affect on Josy joining the hots, Quinn is only the middle man in that plot anyway
No, KARAMBA is right. Quinn is not existing in our world and look on it: actually collapsing. :LUL:

Why? The sex for tuition would still be happening, we'd still know about it through Mona and Cam, Josy would still join the HOTs, we just wouldn't know that Derek's dad is a bigoted asshole, not much of a collapse to the plot.
Even if some people don’t like it, the main storyline of the game, the main quest, is Maya and her problem.
Look, the whole story is built around this and gradually intertwines with the storylines of other characters, being the framework block of the plot. Whether we like it or not, we are drawn into Maya's story even if we jump off their route in Ep.4, and the other girls become involved too.
You can avoid a lot of things in the game, avoid other girls' storylines, but here everything is the same.
Maya's events are fixed anyway: we are the part of her drama with her escape from HOTs and Patrick's first visit, we go to a meeting with Burke, we participate in the meeting when everyone gets together and decides what to do and in the end we go to her home for stealing the papers.

And this whole arc interacts with Quinn's arc, as Grunt wrote. One of the blocks won't be there - I can't imagine how the game would work.
Just like a dating sim with characters that don't interact in any way, a set of individual stories.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

The first season as we played it would simply not exist.

Josy would make no sense to exist, what would be the point of her arrival in BR? Would she get engaged to mc 6 chapters early and the game would already be over?

Sage and mc wouldn't have a reason to really care about free tuition etc.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
No, KARAMBA is right. Quinn is not existing in our world and look on it: actually collapsing. :LUL:

Even if some people don’t like it, the main storyline of the game, the main quest, is Maya and her problem.
Look, the whole story is built around this and gradually intertwines with the storylines of other characters, being the framework block of the plot. Whether we like it or not, we are drawn into Maya's story even if we jump off their route in Ep.4, and the other girls become involved too.
You can avoid a lot of things in the game, avoid other girls' storylines, but here everything is the same.
Maya's events are fixed anyway: we are the part of her drama with her escape from HOTs and Patrick's first visit, we go to a meeting with Burke, we participate in the meeting when everyone gets together and decides what to do and in the end we go to her home for stealing the papers.

And this whole arc interacts with Quinn's arc, as Grunt wrote. One of the blocks won't be there - I can't imagine how the game would work.
Just like a dating sim with characters that don't interact in any way, a set of individual stories.
There would still be drugs and there would still be the restaurant even if you remove Quinn. she is a part of a major storyline Quinn isn't the storyline you would still have the girls and Burke, Vinny and Buddy that's where all the action happens

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There would still be drugs and there would still be the restaurant even if you remove Quinn. she is a part of a major storyline Quinn isn't the storyline you would still have the girls and Burke, Vinny and Buddy that's where all the action happens
If there were no Quinn there would have to be someone else to manage those activities within the BR and the hots. Another Quinn in short....

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
Quinn IS the restaurant. It was obviously her idea and she is the only one managing it and all the money go back to her. Without her dealing drugs on campus grounds there wouldn't be any Vinny issues.
Burke would probably still be banging college girls, but through blackmail or something like that.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
If there were no Quinn there would have to be someone else to manage those activities within the BR and the hots. Another Quinn in short....
That wouldn't be hard at all, Lily. Boom just remove all need for Quinn or just kill her let Lily take over

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

Firstly, I responded sarcastically to the one below. You weren't paying attention or you didn't understand.

"At least Quinn is a plot device for something with meaningful significance, unlike Maya whose storyline honestly sucks and won't actually lead anywhere."

In my opinion it makes more sense to help someone who deserves the help and for me that's definitely not Quinn. It was her own fault, whereas Maya's only fault was that she fell in love with Josy.

What you wrote is partly right and partly wrong. For example, it was Josy's dream that she belonged to a sisterhood and had nothing to do with drugs, prostitution and blackmail. Her reason was to make her dream come true. On the contrary. Josy would have even given up her dream for Maya. The reason is Patrick and not drugs, prostitution or blackmail.

Yes, the drugs, prostitution, and blackmail are important, but so is Maya's entire situation. Both will create drama. But here it is up to the player to decide which path he wants to take. Personally, I keep my MC away from Quinn's activities as much as possible because I think drugs, prostitution and blackmail suck. DPC gives players the opportunity to stay away from it and I take advantage of that.

I do not deny the very existence of drugs, prostitution and blackmail in the game, nor their importance for the players who want it. But I'm not one of them.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes