Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

This week, I've mainly been working on animations and lewd scenes. I started and completed a lewd scene from scratch and am currently working on the art for another one.

I'll also focus on this next week. I'm trying to increase the animation queue, so I don't have idle PCs while working on other scenes.

I've been adding more lewd scenes than I originally planned for this episode, which is awesome as it means that a wider variety of girls are getting some spotlight.

Counting the one I'm working on now, I have at least five more lewd scenes to create for this episode—four of which are for main girls and are important for the episode.

Next Friday, I'm taking the day off for a shorter adventure, but I'll prepare an update for next week's progress.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Thanks for posting.

Well, i was a bit optimistic the last months and considered an october release. Which is reasonable cause so far the longest dev cycle was 10 months. (dont know why so many people are talking about that DPC only release every 12 months, that was never the case so far, but it could be this time)

Last numbers we got were ok-ish with ~190 animations done. Which was 2 weeks ago, so you can add another 10-15 done animations to that. BUUUUUT i was afraid he will add more stuff to the episode than planned and he does. That alone will add another month to the cycle for sure and the overall estimated animations (he aimed for roughly 300 and posed about 40% of them already in february) will increase... 5-10 animations for one lewd scene at least i would say. So the overall animation count will most likely be around ~350 animations now. Which is really a lot and it seems like the render time for one animation is still roughly 1-1.2 animation per day. All that in mind, yep we are heading to a 12 months DEV cycle for this episode, 2 months more than the longest DEV cycle so far.

Compared to other DEVs he will still put out way more content than anyone else around here in the same time. I just wish he wouldnt be so obsessed with animations and adding more and more of them with each epsidoe, the game would not be any less good with only half the animations, but the episodes could be made way faster.

But i guess its just the healthier way to work like that for DPC... the animation queue sets the pace for the overall DEV cycle for the episode. During the DEV cycle of episode 8 he burned out, even talked about taking a complete break. After that he changed his work-balance. For episode 9 he miscalculated the animations and had to wait nearly 2 months only for them... he is not doing that again. Always filling up the animation queue before its running out and let the queue dictate the overall work-shedule for everything else. I guess his work days are shorter and healthier like that so he can motivate himself better. For us that means, longer DEV cycles though... but i can live with it if the peisodes keep coming and will get even bigger with each... episode 11 will be again the biggest episode so far, just like episode 10 was.More content combined with 1-2 months longer DEV cycle is fine i guess. But i would be lying if i would say i am not disappointed about the long wait. 10 months should be more than enough to get everything done, even for a really big episode. But the animation obesession is just "too big" i guess.

Reactions: Igor_Bielobereg

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah how dare a developer take time to develop his content and polish while I download it for free and complain on forums about it :mad:

On a more serious note, BAD is one of the best AVNs and Dr. PinkCake works solo to make sure the content that is put is top-tier unlike other projects where a team of developers were constantly coming in and out with inconsistencies to character traits (not saying any names cough cough).

I'd rather a yearly update for something that I know is going to be top-notch quality vs a bunch of mini updates or rushed garbage. BAD is highly worth the wait and even though people like to bitch just to bitch so they feel heard, they always come back and stay here for a reason.

Just sit back, enjoy the ride and try out multiple playthroughs/routes in the mean time or play something else. There's a ton of great AVNs here and the Steam Summer Sale is still happening for everything else :)
shawn-michaelsbj2331.gif

1720190202717.png
This is steam alone.
I can't take seriously anyone that in 2024 uses DPC working alone on his game as justification for long dev cycles, or as a compliment.

Last edited:

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
View attachment 3801080

View attachment 3801114
This is steam alone.
I can't take seriously anyone that in 2024 uses DPC working alone on his game as justification for long dev cycles, or as a compliment.
But what about the artistic vision and quality of the game bruv? You can't possibly expect to maintain that level if you have a whole team working on it.
How Rockstar was able to make RDR2, one of the most detailed and prettiest games ever made, with a team of over 2000 people I will never know. With that level of quality you'd think it was made by one DPC :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I've been adding more lewd scenes than I originally planned for this episode, which is awesome as it means that a wider variety of girls are getting some spotlight.

Counting the one I'm working on now, I have at least five more lewd scenes to create for this episode—four of which are for main girls and are important for the episode.
Woo more Josy scenes that can only be a good thing :love: :love: :love: :love:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I like how people were wondering earlier why the number dude is no longer here. If the dev doesn't release numbers what is he supposed to do, make them up? :LUL:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
View attachment 3801080

View attachment 3801114
This is steam alone.
DPC needs to take the time he needs because I want continue and masterfully create a Preps walking extension. I cannot sleep at night if he does not perfect spinning wheels, high detailed beer bottles, running in the woods, etc... If DPC needs 3 years to perfect the animations, than he should take all the time he needs to create his artistic vision!!! Don't me started on the mini games!!!!!! I want a mini game per scene!!!

Last edited:

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Each Episode in BaDIK has typically around 4x or more the content of the updates that get published on a 2-4 month basis for other games, and the last two updates have been roughly 1 year apart. It's really just how DPC seems to like to publish things, since by doing it a full Episode at a time he has control up until the day it's published to refine a full "arc".

Edit:
Consider this: Episode 10 of BaDIK had 5,868 renders and 335 animations, and took about a year. Update 0.7 of Eternum (another top-tier AVN) had about 1,250 renders and 60 animations, and took 7 months (though my understanding is that Caribdis is trying to get this back to 5-6 months for 0.8). So that's 5-6x times the raw content in not even 2x the development time.
Yes, you're right about that. What were the average update dev time for past update just to compare ? Cause I only started playing badik a year ago.

Taz423

Mar 27, 2021
Obviously I can't speak for others, but I've actually paid for every non-public AVN I've played (and supported many of the public ones too). Really I'm just here because I have yet to find a better place to find, mod, and discuss AVNs. :p
I'm only here cuz he forgot about us Steam players.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes