Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Well you can see a guy in a military uniform standing right in front of you, if you explore further in her house. Her husband is in the military, and her inner monologue says something along the lines of "why won't you just come home" while referring to him. I think it's safe to say her husband was killed in action.
That was just drunk MC hallucinating. However it might be possible given the way she spoke about him.
It makes the most sense. Bella doesn't seem like the type to cheat and in her mind, it would be.
Here is the complete inner monologue, after Bella chews out a student who was looking for information:

Isabella: "(I can't lash out at students like that... ... I did the right thing. This was for Jill. Married women don't fool around with young students. ... They aren't intimate with friends either... But that...that was different! It doesn't matter... I've stopped it. Please, James... Forgive me. Please, just come home again... It's been long enough now.)"

Assuming James is her husband, and he was killed in action, I think she would know about it. He might be MIA, but that doesn't explain her apparent reference to some indiscretion of hers that she believes has caused James to be absent for three years.

Then, right after that, you have the scene with the MC making out with Bella, after which there is this soliloquy from the MC:

MC: "At the time I couldn't understand Bella. The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong. I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman. I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband... ...which, of course, is a very big deal. But if I had known the real reasons to her tears... ...and to her persona... I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help.".

DrPinkCake is telling us that there is something dark in Bella's past that has shaped her present personality. Something she is ashamed of; something that caused her to blame herself for James' absence.

Who knows what that 'something' is. There has been much speculation, with one possibility being some dalliance with another staff member. Of course, James could be dead, and in that case Bella should be institutionalized, not in charge of a university library. But it's all speculation.

My only concern is that we might not find out the answer in Episode 4, but will have to wait for Season 2.

Deoku

May 5, 2017
Here is the complete inner monologue, after Bella chews out a student who was looking for information:

Isabella: "(I can't lash out at students like that... ... I did the right thing. This was for Jill. Married women don't fool around with young students. ... They aren't intimate with friends either... But that...that was different! It doesn't matter... I've stopped it. Please, James... Forgive me. Please, just come home again... It's been long enough now.)"

Assuming James is her husband, and he was killed in action, I think she would know about it. He might be MIA, but that doesn't explain her apparent reference to some indiscretion of hers that she believes has caused James to be absent for three years.

Then, right after that, you have the scene with the MC making out with Bella, after which there is this soliloquy from the MC:

MC: "At the time I couldn't understand Bella. The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong. I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman. I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband... ...which, of course, is a very big deal. But if I had known the real reasons to her tears... ...and to her persona... I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help.".

DrPinkCake is telling us that there is something dark in Bella's past that has shaped her present personality. Something she is ashamed of; something that caused her to blame herself for James' absence.

Who knows what that 'something' is. There has been much speculation, with one possibility being some dalliance with another staff member. Of course, James could be dead, and in that case Bella should be institutionalized, not in charge of a university library. But it's all speculation.

My only concern is that we might not find out the answer in Episode 4, but will have to wait for Season 2.
Seeing these lines again after so long; it now makes me wonder about that line "They aren't intimate with friends either... But that...that was different! It doesn't matter... I've stopped it." I wonder what makes her try to reason that what she did with said friend (or how the situation itself) was any different than messing around with a student or anyone else; if cheating is cheating? :unsure:

Last edited:

xtratego

Feb 16, 2018

If, I dont remember bad, she said some time "the teacher dont involve with student", so... in the past she was a teacher and probably she pass the limit with some student who ends, with her husband reallisted in a campain again and he was declare MIA, for this, she feel guilty, and wait for his return, but never happen because he is kaput, KIA... so the army not know because they no found any track about him and they dont tell anything to her, everything goes to an Oblivion.

See ya guys.

Deoku

May 5, 2017
To avoid feeling ashamed. Basic human nature.
I can agree with that part, but what I'm getting at is that I think this person was a bit more significant possibly. After all it is a friend. Even if its not to feel ashamed I doubt she would try to reason that some random she got intimate with was any different from another random. We don't know much about friends Bella used to have aside from Jill. So i'm just curious to know who and what the situation was.

I love Maya as a character, but she's had plenty of time getting detail into her character at this point; I really want to know more about Bella and Jill. Hopefully the next update will really get things moving for them. :)

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017

If someone can understand congrats.
I think that's the next day when we go to sleep in her house, there's food on the table so i think she's either having breakfast with MC or dinner.
Edit: or when he goes to her to sleep in her house and he is telling her the story and what happened while she is eating

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes