Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I was more trying to insult the creator for his incredibly long release schedule
It took Michelangelo four years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. You don't hurry genius.

We can wait for a few months for the next release. If you can't, don't. There are other games out there that are updated on a nice tidy monthly schedule. You are welcome to play any one or all of them.

This particular poster has created a cottage industry out of insulting this game, its developer, and everyone who likes it.

chociar666

Dec 3, 2017

If someone can understand congrats.
I think what we're seeing here is Bella looking at one of her photos (one from the "tilted collection" we witnessed in episode 2). It would mean, I guess, she's confronting her demons. Give it more time and eventually she'll let go (and then her husband will return to cause more drama :p).

Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It took Michelangelo four years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. You don't hurry genius.

We can wait for a few months for the next release. If you can't, don't. There are other games out there that are updated on a nice tidy monthly schedule. You are welcome to play any one or all of them.

This particular poster has created a cottage industry out of insulting this game, its developer, and everyone who likes it.
I remember the time when his previous game got monthly updates. Then he started making money. :sneaky:

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
I remember the time when his previous game got monthly updates. Then he started making money. :sneaky:
That's true, but you can't bring that up and not also mention how BaDIK is easily more than 3 times the size of Acting Lessons and requires way more effort on DPC's part per update. AL had 3 routes that were basically railroads, some periphery choices, and no free roam, no social media, no alignment system or moral system, and no real focus on any characters outside of the main group. So putting out monthly updates that advanced everything a suitable amount was well within the realm of possibility.

BaDIK though? You've got 5 LI's with dedicated routes, about a dozen other women the MC can fuck or interact with in a meaningful way, another dozen or more characters that are important to the story and get regular screen time, and you're free to pursue every single of them at once if you make the right choices. Each LI also has additional choices you can make depending on your alignment/moral choices, and some of the side girls do to. You've also got free roam sections, which the next update will effectively have 3x the usual amount due to plot choices, and the social media stuff on the Phone that lets you interact with all the characters that in AL would've been left on the sidelines or otherwise forgotten about. This isn't even mentioning the mini-game stuff like Brawler and the quizzes, or the fact that BaDIK has high-quality animations out the ass that take forever to pose and render.

So yeah. I'm not going to say that Patreon doesn't incentivize longer development times, and I'm definitely not going to say there aren't developers out there taking full advantage of that fact. But DPC taking longer to update BaDIK is perfectly understandable given how much larger a project it is compared to AL. BaDIK is fucking huge and easily one of the best projects out there right now; it's well worth the wait and DPC has proven he isn't going anywhere fast; he's had three updates in 9 months. That's pretty damn good for the quality and quantity of the work we're getting from him.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes