ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I don't agree that the MC lied to anybody, he isn't accountable to anything he does (yet) and noone asked about it (yet, again). But as I said some pages earlier in a different topic characters like Jill can stop liking you if they found out even if aren't yet in a relationship. But I wouldn't say the MC lied to anyone, and if we are ever confronted about anything I'd suppose we would have a choice.
Only thing MC could be accountable for at this stage is going in raw on some questionable pussy :ROFLMAO:

Sooooooo.....

What do you guys think about the third choice at the end : go to Derek's ?
Is that for those who don't want to have hot redhead or thawing Ice Queen action ?
Do you think it'll bring a payoff later ? Do we get plastered with our bro and wake up almost naked in the mall, again ?
I mean Derek is one of the best characters in the game. I'll 100% be playing the Derek route at some point for comedy value.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
I see I'm not the only one that uses Fuckface for their test games :ROFLMAO:
:LOL:
After someone showed the easter egg discovery here, that's been the name whenever the test is with MC being a Chick. In that one, the name was used with more pleasure, since I would have to make the maximum score with.... Maya. :KEK:
When the test is with a DIK, the name is Assman. Too bad there is no other easter egg here.
Sooooooo.....

Is that for those who don't want to have hot redhead or thawing Ice Queen action ?
Do you think it'll bring a payoff later ? Do we get plastered with our bro and wake up almost naked in the mall, again ?
We have already talked about that too :p Seriously folks, there's no detail left to discuss about the game. If the 10th does not come soon, there will be death in this thread.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Sooooooo.....

I think those choices lock you into the route that you wish to be on I could be mistaken but I think it's one of the bigger choices we will have to pick, I'm conflicted as to which route I want to go with first learn more about what's going on with Bella or find out what Maya's secret is, thank you btw for changing the subject :p

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
...and noone asked about it (yet, again). ...
Technicly Quinn asked If I`m getting a lot of pussy
and I replied with a question of my own - are you interested
And than she replied with mysterious "maybe"
And let me tell you she wasn`t lying about that "maybe":cool:

Sooooooo.....

Totally,more of moose riding guaranteed(y)

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
Been trying to avoid getting involved in this discussion because it seems utterly convoluted to me, especially when there are multiple paths one can take and give a different perspective on things, but since I'm here currently why the hell not?

MC in my playthrough has been honest with Maya in regards to other girls when asked, she asked about him going back home and he tells her he's going on a date with a girl. She also told MC she has a boyfriend and then says actually I don't have a boyfriend it's just the only way to stop guys from chasing me. Anyone taking that at face value is going to see it as her saying she's not in a relationship and is giving the MC the go ahead. Also Maya is the one that has escalated the relationship with the MC in every scenario that I can think of, at the DIK initiation party, when you stay/go home to her after the other DIK party, and when she asks MC to help with her tasks. Every time it's Maya pushing for more, so yes I'd say she has some obligation to be honest with the MC about her relationship status as oppose to being deliberately misleading.
Same here actually. I came back and saw this conversation and was amused, but not all that interested in getting involved. However, one of my playthroughs has my MC being honest with Maya, and SHE was the one that went for a kiss before he left to see Josy. So, this idea that she's being "honest" is a bunch of BS. As was pointed out above, Maya's actions during the movie viewing would be considered inappropriate if she was involved with anyone. So the word parsing by some that she was only asked if she had a boyfriend are logical tricks to keep her pristine in the player's mind. More power to you, but no, Maya is lying and acting shady. It's fine, because from my perspective her character is written as goal oriented and very self-centered. She is focused on her goal, free tuition, and things that get in the way are ignored or run over. Which is fine by me, because given what we know of her history she is desperate to stay at college.

Regardless, Maya is the least likable love interest in my opinion and that's even in comparison to Quinn and she's not even an official option at this point. I could see being friends with Maya, but she's untrustworthy and I have very little doubt she would betray a significant other if she felt it was in her interest.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I think those choices lock you into the route that you wish to be on I could be mistaken but I think it's one of the bigger choices we will have to pick, I'm conflicted as to which route I want to go with first learn more about what's going on with Bella or find out what Maya's secret is, thank you btw for changing the subject :p
Currently I'm kinda thinking the opposite. I don't think the choice will split the game too much simply because it's gonna add a shitload of work if he had to continue developing those three separate paths for an extended period of time.

I think we'll probably only be staying with whichever choice we make for a few days at maximum and then probably moving in to the DIK house after Hell Week where the paths will converge back into one. I could see it being a thing where you have to stay with Bella/Sage to improve your relationship enough to actually be with them though.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I think those choices lock you into the route that you wish to be on I could be mistaken but I think it's one of the bigger choices we will have to pick, I'm conflicted as to which route I want to go with first learn more about what's going on with Bella or find out what Maya's secret is
Or at least it'll allow you to uncover things related to the person you picked much easier than the other. Perhaps even more than the others.
Or perhaps Derek has an unbelievably sad story and we can find about it if we go to crash at his place :D

thank you btw for changing the subject :p

Totally,more of moose riding guaranteed(y)

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
Currently I'm kinda thinking the opposite. I don't think the choice will split the game too much simply because it's gonna add a shitload of work if he had to continue developing those three separate paths for an extended period of time.

I think we'll probably only be staying with whichever choice we make for a few days at maximum and then probably moving in to the DIK house after Hell Week where the paths will converge back into one. I could see it being a thing where you have to stay with Bella/Sage to improve your relationship enough to actually be with them though.
My thoughts exactly. Each will give more points with character X, Y, Z... And some scenes, that's all.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm pretty sure this is the start of the branching with those 3 choices that will be your route stuck in place and he was always going to have a shit load of work but as I say picking who you stay with is the most important choice in the game so far.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I'm pretty sure this is the start of the branching with those 3 choices that will be your route stuck in place and he was always going to have a shit load of work but as I say picking who you stay with is the most important choice in the game so far.
That and who posed for the photos in Tybalt's room

Reactions: Monetauro

Zenith_12

Jul 26, 2017
Ok first of all I must say this game is possibly my favourite right now. Animations are quality, the writing is engaging and characters are interesting however after reading through recent comments I'm quite frankly worried for the game considering how people are saying Acting Lessons ended, a murder/kidnapping plot is to me a cheap way of adding drama unless done right or it fits the narrative and tone of the story.

If you want true drama you want some kind of obstacle that both creative and engaging maybe the main character gets blackmailed and he needs to find a way to get rid of the evidence(this is true drama as the MC is faced with a problem that directly affects him and the story because if he doesn't get rid of the evidence it may affect his relationships with other characters therefore you are adding suspense cause you as reader don't know what is going to happen).

When killing off a character little suspense is added as news flash that character is dead therefore they can no longer add to the story if you want something like a kidnapping or murder to take place you need to build that shit up for instance maybe kidnappings can start taking place over time eventually it directly affects the MC maybe someone close to him is almost kidnapped this creates suspense as you don't know whether it going to happen again and the kidnapper is still on the loose(to create drama you need to make the reader wonder what next is going to happen) a murder out of nowhere doesn't do this at all.

To create drama there needs to be build up when you murder someone without any sort of build up there's no meaning to it, its like oh he's dead now I guess moving on, see what I mean there's no rhyme or reason to just throw in a murder plot for the sake of drama.

I mean you have Sage cheating on her boyfriend this is literally some drama waiting to happen or the MC fucking the teachers maybe people find out about it there's some drama there(You don't need death to create drama) even tybalt or whatever his name is could serve as some drama. There are so many ways you could add drama without death or a kidnapping plot it's not even funny.

Drama is pointless without suspense or mystery cause then it's just drama for the sake of drama

Death in story telling has all but lost it's magic unless done well and judging from comments about Acting Lessons it was done poorly.

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
Ok first of all I must say this game is possibly my favourite right now. Animations are quality, the writing is engaging and characters are interesting however after reading through recent comments I'm quite frankly worried for the game considering how people are saying Acting Lessons ended, a murder/kidnapping plot is to me a cheap way of adding drama unless done right or it fits the narrative and tone of the story.

If you want true drama you want some kind of obstacle that both creative and engaging maybe the main character gets blackmailed and he needs to find a way to get rid of the evidence(this is true drama as the MC is faced with a problem that directly affects him and the story because if he doesn't get rid of the evidence it may affect his relationships with other characters therefore you are adding suspense cause you as reader don't know what is going to happen).

When killing off a character little suspense is added as news flash that character is dead therefore they can no longer add to the story if you want something like a kidnapping or murder to take place you need to build that shit up for instance maybe kidnappings can start taking place over time eventually it directly affects the MC maybe someone close to him is almost kidnapped this creates suspense as you don't know whether it going to happen again and the kidnapper is still on the loose(to create drama you need to make the reader wonder what next is going to happen) a murder out of nowhere doesn't do this at all.

To create drama there needs to be build up when you murder someone without any sort of build up there's no meaning to it, its like oh he's dead now I guess moving on, see what I mean there's no rhyme or reason to just throw in a murder plot for the sake of drama.

I mean you have Sage cheating on her boyfriend this is literally some drama waiting to happen or the MC fucking the teachers maybe people find out about it there's some drama there(You don't need death to create drama) even tybalt or whatever his name is could serve as some drama. There are so many ways you could add drama without death or a kidnapping plot it's not even funny.

Drama is pointless without suspense or mystery cause then it's just drama for the sake of drama

Death in story telling has all but lost it's magic unless done well and judging from comments about Acting Lessons it was done poorly.
I'm not going to defend Acting Lessons, because I don't think it needs defending. It's a good game. The mid to end game were much more serious, but from the very start Acting Lessons was a lot darker in tone than Being a Dik is. I don't see BaDik going the route that Acting Lessons took, so that fear some have seems ridiculous to me. Will there be drama and some mature elements? Yes, we already have some in the form of prostitution and drug use, but overall the game is a lot more light hearted than Acting Lessons was at its best. There will be twists and turns, but I just don't see the game going too dark.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I can see where you are coming from but I'm not sure about those doors locking routes for everybody. I mean say what if I'm interested in Josy, how is talking to Derek about Maya going to improve that relationship. Almost the same thing for staying at Bella's place if you're interested in Jill. Bella has already given her approval or not for Jill to date the MC so what's more to gain by sleeping over. I think the door selection will give you more points for Sage or Bella and Derek is more of the neutral option with some optional backstory to Maya.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
but overall the game is a lot more light hearted than Acting Lessons was at its best. There will be twists and turns, but I just don't see the game going too dark.
Much more light-hearted, I think by now with AL and I could be wrong but we'd already stopped the robbery and ended up in the hospital but it was dark from the get-go

I can see where you are coming from but I'm not sure about those doors locking routes for everybody. I mean say what if I'm interested in Josy, how is talking to Derek about Maya going to improve that relationship. Almost the same thing for staying at Bella's place if you're interested in Jill. Bella has already given her approval or not for Jill to date the MC so what's more to gain by sleeping over. I think the door selection will give you more points for Sage or Bella and Derek is more of the neutral option with some optional backstory to Maya.
I think how it will work is if you pick Bella your only other option will be to pursue Jill so it will just be Bella and Jill you pick between go to Derek and it's between Maya and Josy and Sage just being Sage I could be wrong but that's just something that I heard about. But there is definitely going to be branching as we come to the end of season 1.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes