look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
The hate for Maya and Josy in the last few days here is unreal. If you don't actively go after them and just go along with the forced story it shouldn't matter if they are together or not. If you are going after them while simultaneously taking every other girl you can get along the way and then complain about them betraying you or cheating on each other you are a hypocrite.

Both girls have been honest with the MC. Josy told him right away she is in a relationship. If you still go after her (and i mean go after the scenes with her) instead of just skipping them and just follow the forced story you are a cheater just like her.

Maya has been as honest as possible for her. She told you there are things that she can't tell you right away and needs time. If you still go after her scenes you accept that there maybe a rude awakening in the future. She was even going to tell the MC everything, but the narrative took that away from us and made it more complicated by a MC that runs away at the first sign of trouble.

It is pretty clear if you take your time to read the interactions that both girls are hurting either from a rocky relationship and/or family troubles. It's even clear that this is the exact reason why MC has the opportunity to get so close to them. If these kind of girls aren't your thing that's alright and there are a lot more options in the game. But the hate these two are getting is completely unjustified. You even have the opportunity to get all of this cleared up shortly before the end of episode 4 and start a relationship with both of them. Maybe you should have the opportunity to tell them off if you feel so strongly about, but i think that goes against what is planned for the rest of the game.

All in all i enjoy most of the girls in the game right now. Wether they have scenes or not. It's just a pick you poison type of deal, go for the girl you prefer. Personally my least favourite by far is actually Quinn, who is hyped up in here without end, just because i don't like people that fuck others over for their own gain or enjoyment. No matter how much she may be secretly in love with the MC.

But you know, you don't see me come here and piss on her every chance i get.
I don't get the amount of hate Josy and Maya are getting either. I thought the MC was being a drama queen and a hypocrete, when I was playing the update, but now I see it isn't just the MC.
I'm kinda glad the dev doesn't really go to this thread, because I don't want the whining about them "betraying" the MC and wanting to cut them out of the game and replace with someone else affect his intentions with the storyline. I mean, I don't mind adding new love interests for those who want it. If there are really many players who like Quinn, perhaps she should be availiable. Just don't do that at the expense of Josy and Maya.

There's also an option the hate is coming from players, who wanted one particular girl and didn't get that option, but well, firstly it could still happen in the future (ideally, everyone can get an option to their liking, Maya+Josy, only Maya and only Josy so that everyone would be happy), and to demand it right now isn't a reasonable thing to do, considering the nature of Maya and Josy's relationship.

I admit, back when I finished episode 3, I was pissed with the turn of event, but I though about it a little and figured out I'm not angry at the girls, it's just that the situation sucks and MC's part in it is no less than that of either of the girls. So when I actually played the episode 4, I was happy with how the situation was resolved.

BuddhaOnaDiet

Oct 10, 2019
Is something wrong with me?
I think i am the only josy fanboy here :eek: and i am still hoping she will get her solo route back.

please excuse my Bad english
Plenty of people that were disappointed over what happened between Josy and Maya. Hard one to get back from. I also were a fan of Josy, now I don't know tbh. Hopefully DPC can write some kind of redemption that make's sense. Still think there will be a solo route for M&J at some point, but this episode poisoned those characters for a lot of people, me included (not as definitive as for some, but still).

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
I don't get the amount of hate Josy and Maya are getting either. I thought the MC was being a drama queen and a hypocrete, when I was playing the update, but now I see it isn't just the MC.
I'm kinda glad the dev doesn't really go to this thread, because I don't want the whining about them "betraying" the MC and wanting to cut them out of the game and replace with someone else affect his intentions with the storyline.
Pink doesn't care what other people think, he is creating his story the way he wants to and that's it.
If you don't like it, too bad then...

That's how he rolls :D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
The hate for Maya and Josy in the last few days here is unreal. If you don't actively go after them and just go along with the forced story it shouldn't matter if they are together or not. If you are going after them while simultaneously taking every other girl you can get along the way and then complain about them betraying you or cheating on each other you are a hypocrite.

Both girls have been honest with the MC. Josy told him right away she is in a relationship. If you still go after her (and i mean go after the scenes with her) instead of just skipping them and just follow the forced story you are a cheater just like her.

Maya has been as honest as possible for her. She told you there are things that she can't tell you right away and needs time. If you still go after her scenes you accept that there maybe a rude awakening in the future. She was even going to tell the MC everything, but the narrative took that away from us and made it more complicated by a MC that runs away at the first sign of trouble.

It is pretty clear if you take your time to read the interactions that both girls are hurting either from a rocky relationship and/or family troubles. It's even clear that this is the exact reason why MC has the opportunity to get so close to them. If these kind of girls aren't your thing that's alright and there are a lot more options in the game. But the hate these two are getting is completely unjustified. You even have the opportunity to get all of this cleared up shortly before the end of episode 4 and start a relationship with both of them. Maybe you should have the opportunity to tell them off if you feel so strongly about, but i think that goes against what is planned for the rest of the game.

All in all i enjoy most of the girls in the game right now. Wether they have scenes or not. It's just a pick you poison type of deal, go for the girl you prefer. Personally my least favourite by far is actually Quinn, who is hyped up in here without end, just because i don't like people that fuck others over for their own gain or enjoyment. No matter how much she may be secretly in love with the MC.

But you know, you don't see me come here and piss on her every chance i get.

Mr_Hahn

Dec 30, 2018
You can use Full save files from OP to unlock all scenes
For that you will have to replace your persistent file to Downloaded file
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Beingadik
Being A DIK 0.4.0\game\saves
Thanks. I didn't want to download the files from the OP, since I didn't want my own save files to vanish, but copy-pasted the persistent file of my own 0.3.1 version into the directory you mentioned. That worked too. Thanks again for your help! :)

Reactions: Xaøs

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
Well I only started playing yesterday and up to this point I'm fairly annoyed that I can't tell them to fuck off. Josy is just a cheating cunt, Maya demands a lot while giving nothing back (unless you count getting a fucking taser to your neck because of a girl you've known for 3 days), Sage is so aggressively stupid (I'm still baffled what the 'relationship' between her and Chad is, they don't have sex, they don't spend time with each other, he openly has something going on at the side, it's absolutely bizarre), Jills first important act is to outright ignore me and how I want to deal with my own situation so she can take matters in her own hands. All four of them just seem to try their very best at sabotaging the MC.
And you just can't get rid of them. I did not bring a gift for Josy, I did not spend the night, I did not say 'yes, I was waiting for somebody to show up with the rejects' and then she calls and the MC is telling me how he is all kinds of conflicted. No I'm not. Josy is a cheating bitch, I want nothing to do with her - just leave me be lol.

Reactions: Vildain

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
well..its a DPC game..someone hasta die...my money is on Josy..cause technically speaking...she's the "sweet" one
dont quote me on this..i'm senile.....

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Haven't finished ep4 yet but I have to say it is a real shame that more or less, awesome, steamy sex with Quinn directly hinders progress with Maya and Josi paths. It's either Quinn or the girls...

dav3knight

Oct 1, 2017
Hmm for me Acting Lesson is DPC's preparation for Being A DIK .... and ii think the scenario that happen in Acting Lesson like "burning house" will never happen in this DIK .... becouse if "burning house" happen again in this game ... it means thats already predictable with audience ... and i know that DPC are the developer who like to give us surprise .... for example in this update ... i have no idea that Josy make interaction with Jill ... so in my opinion that will be more interesting encounter that will happen ..... oh man ... i cant wait for season 2 .... and also maybe DPC will need at least 3 season to complete this Being a DIK .... great job DPC

Reactions: Mormont

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Haven't finished ep4 yet but I have to say it is a real shame that more or less, awesome, steamy sex with Quinn directly hinders progress with Maya and Josi paths. It's either Quinn or the girls...
Not really. The only thing that hinters progress is if you're on the DIK affinity or not, which you don't need to have to fuck Quinn and the others HOTs at every turn...for now at least.

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
For all Italian players I have just published the translation of "Being a Dik" version 040. The link is on the first page of this thread.
Per tutti i giocatori italiani ho appena pubblicato la traduzione di "Being a Dik" versione 040. Il link e' nella prima pagina di questo thread.

Reactions: inno3d and -Hex-

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
After finally having the time, this is my tier-list for the first season.

Tierlist.png

Sage: I already talked about Sage, you can check my previous comment from my profile. She is the best.

Jill: I actually liked her the most in 0.3. She is pretty awesome, my only criticism from past posts does not mean I dislike her. I only want more meaningful interactions to happen with her, like deep level shit. At the moment she is pretty vanilla. I often use criticism to help something I liked for to get better. She lacked the screentime Sage had at the 0.4 so can't wait for more things happening with her.

Melanie: I had the hots for this girl since I first saw her, her eyes glamours me with that hair style. I wanted to get closer to her since the start. Pretty mesmerising face.

Envy: This woman is the kind of woman I would like to be with if I wanted someone higher age than me. Pretty much breathtaking. Her Swyper chat was a suprise, but a welcome one.

Mona&Camila: Sweetest duo. More Mona especially please.

Jade: Usual stepmom material.

Derek: So I'm probably minority but I disliked Derek's route a lot and his reactions in the 0.4. He fell from grace for me. He calls MC and overreacting baby when he is at his lowest, then argues and goes into slap-fiesta with him when MC calls out his dumb shit.
He is a funny guy but not the best friend material. I prefer the Realest Bros that I listed.

I already talked a lot about the other two who shall not be named.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes