Jun 21, 2018
Well, I'd say he gained most of his fanbase from here so what does it say to new guys who have maybe just joined the site and are interested in his game and maybe wish to be a bit more of that community you would now have to pay just to access his discord and that for me is wrong. And it has been said not a lot goes on in his discord I haven't paid much attention to it myself but I don't think it's as active as it should be.
Can only speak for myself, but for me? Red Flags. Red Flags everywhere. From his reaction to AL criticism, to abandoning the most active community, to hunting down people for a minor offense, among other.

There's also the baffling fact that unlike everyone else I've seen, he reached a successful level of Patreon that would allow him to source some of the boring work, but didn't mention hiring help. But that's up to artistic decisions and how he wants to do his work.

About the discord... I gave it a look, the non Patreon parts, when I first played this game. Dead in the water and didn't see DCP comments in the recent posts. And this was like, a couple of week after Ep. 4 was launched.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
When DPC was working on AL he was really active and was always around, when the ending hit a lot of people criticized it and didn't like it and i think at that time DPC started to hate F95 in general, he then made BaDIK and was around at the release and after that his game got huge and his ego was fed up with the support, but still people criticized the game for the plot holes and some other stuff and i think in general he doesn't like bad feedback so he decided to "leave" f95 and now he's taking that route that you guys see even tho as Mormont said, most of his patrons and supporters are from here, F95 made him.

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
I know I'm going to sound like an annoying prick from asking this. Will the next update be coming in mid-March?
The best I can give is an assessment, March seems a bit too soon, May a bit too late, mid April is reasonable, but a great many things can occur in the future, it might be as late as Juli or as early as March.
Best estimate I can give is early May or late April.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Can only speak for myself, but for me? Red Flags. Red Flags everywhere. From his reaction to AL criticism, to abandoning the most active community, to hunting down people for a minor offense, among other.

There's also the baffling fact that unlike everyone else I've seen, he reached a successful level of Patreon that would allow him to source some of the boring work, but didn't mention hiring help. But that's up to artistic decisions and how he wants to do his work.

About the discord... I gave it a look, the non Patreon parts, when I first played this game. Dead in the water and didn't see DCP comments in the recent posts. And this was like, a couple of week after Ep. 4 was launched.
It's crazy how it's all went down I've never seen a dev act like this way before. And another thing about the discord and it's been mentioned if you are not a patreon some individuals would hound you out about that but it's unfair to say it's just his discord it's been on a few others as well.

When DPC was working on AL he was really active and was always around, when the ending hit a lot of people criticized it and didn't like it and i think at that time DPC started to hate F95 in general, he then made BaDIK and was around at the release and after that his game got huge and his ego was fed up with the support, but still people criticized the game for the plot holes and some other stuff and i think in general he doesn't like bad feedback so he decided to "leave" f95 and now he's taking that route that you guys see even tho as Mormont said, most of his patrons and supporters are from here, F95 made him.
I have heard all these stories about the AL and the backlash he received from it now I wasn't around at the time all that happened but from what I hear the guy has overacted to the few but it's true what they say some people just don't take criticism as well as others. And he must know at that time it was nothing against him it was most likely just people giving out the idea of how things could have been done better. Nothing wrong with hearing out advice good or bad.

D

Deleted member 612615

I feel like at some point we will discover that jill is MC's cousin or something, because we know his grandfather was rich, but we don't know shit about his mother's family not even the name, so it's very posssible
Unlikely as the start of the game saw the MC ask his father for money so i dont think the family is from money.

As for Jill, i would guess that shes probably part of the Royce family as she scoffed at you during the tennis date for not knowing who her family was and we know Rusty is a Burgmeister.

_The_Dude_

Jan 17, 2020
It's crazy how it's all went down I've never seen a dev act like this way before. And another thing about the discord and it's been mentioned if you are not a patreon some individuals would hound you out about that but it's unfair to say it's just his discord it's been on a few others as well.

I have heard all these stories about the AL and the backlash he received from it now I wasn't around at the time all that happened but from what I hear the guy has overacted to the few but it's true what they say some people just don't take criticism as well as others. And he must know at that time it was nothing against him it was most likely just people giving out the idea of how things could have been done better. Nothing wrong with hearing out advice good or bad.
If DPC has overreacted, maybe he must find his Derek to discuss the whole situation and figure out indeed he has. And after, he can choose to stay friends with all the no-patreons and f95 people, as a big family or he can choose to....wait, i'm not sure about this analogy... forget that !

Last edited:

Buttsmarnnn

Sep 18, 2019
I agree I don't believe it either but why come out with this now and not before? I think it's just another cash grab really so people can access his discord.
As much as I'd like to believe that isn't the case. But in this situation since DPC doesn't showcase the "Harassment" it doesn't look good from an outsider looking in. Since even Non-patreons have been on the receiving end of "Harassment" to some degree in that discord.
To your point about alienating the fan base: It is in my experience that always tends to happen when people.. I want to say "Make it" but it's more gather enough popularity. Typically you will find once they reach a certain point they tend to really ignore the Non-supporters (Well Non-Monetary based supporters I mean to say)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Btw can anyone link me the full version of the render thats the cover of this thread?
I'm sure someone will still have it I thought I did but I don't I can't remember if it was posted on here or not I've checked a few posts and not seen any sign of it.
But in this situation since DPC doesn't showcase the "Harassment" it doesn't look good from an outsider looking in. Since even Non-patreons have been on the receiving end of "Harassment" to some degree in that discord.
This so-called harassment I think it's been blown out of proportion sure it's bound to happen but there are ways of stopping that without having to use a paywall, it's probably not the only server it's happened in and that may be a few people have messaged asking for things but do you ever see a reaction like this from other devs?

Buttsmarnnn

Sep 18, 2019
This so-called harassment I think it's been blown out of proportion sure it's bound to happen but there are ways of stopping that without having to use a paywall, it's probably not the only server it's happened in and that may be a few people have messaged asking for things but do you ever see a reaction like this from other devs?
Oh I don't disagree with you at all, It does appear to me that is blown out of proportion since we can't see exactly what the issue is. Harassment is likely always going to be an issue & will likely always happen. And as you said there are ways to go about it and deal with it.
You could honestly take something like a Twitch streamer as a perfect example of the case I was trying to lay out.
But I can't say I've ever seen an Dev react in this way but that is more a fault on my part for not following Dev's pretty closely.
You really don't want to see Dev's act this way or make these rash types of decisions.

Last edited:

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018

Mostly my thinking with DPC and all the stuff he's doing is:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm confused. I'm presuming many of these devs like him will only be in the game for some years until they get tired of it all, get burned out or move on to something else. Plus this doesn't seem to be the most stable of industries to be in to put all your eggs in one basket. I don't think I've heard anything about Non-Adult projects he's doing outside the supposed work he did he told us he quit from?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Is DPC getting a kick out of all this like a fetish from AVN's? :unsure:

Yennefer

Feb 7, 2018
I feel like at some point we will discover that jill is MC's cousin or something, because we know his grandfather was rich, but we don't know shit about his mother's family not even the name, so it's very posssible
Of course no one knows what might happen BUT I genuinely hope this is not the Case cause at least for me It would ruin Jills story
F95 is like 95% Incest Games and I do play some of those but I really want Jill to be just a rich Girl with a big Heart and a Great Personality who falls in love with the mc because He shows her genuine Love and affection.
Like someone Mentioned Jills story is probably a parallel to mc's Father and his Mother which will (Hopefully) have a good ending.

Well he seems to have been on a crusade against people that shared custom renders on here he bans them right away on discord for that but the thing is surely the person who shares is seen as a customer and has bought these renders from him. You would think the customer in question would be allowed to do whatever they want with them it's their money after all. There was also the smaller the tier you are the longer you had to wait for the game.

There is also now the paid walkthrough that is available for $15 and I know some people weren't too impressed with being charged for a walkthrough. And I'm sure you have been reading about the recent events regarding his discord making it for patreons only. Like it was said here you alienate a part of your fanbase that could possibly advertise your game it's not a good move might be at the beginning for the future who knows? But I know there is a lot of people out there annoyed with the situation
Man I didn't know that, that's actually really sad.
I always thought DPC was one of those "perfect" Developers who everyone loves.
Charging for a Walkthrough is too much I could understand the Discord thing cause some people do that but to pay for a Walkthrough, wow.
I'm not a Patreon cause I don't have a credit Card yet so I don't have much to say in this but this is definitly not how you get more customers.
I hope he realises this and things get better in the Future.

Assuming you're talking about the MC here.

"Eventually" is quite a ways down the line. The president would likely be a Senior, so we're talking years. Assuming the game exposits enough, after Rusty (or Tommy considering the Cathy-Cluck fallout potential), next in line would likely be Jacob, all around good guy and a believer in the DIK code of family coming first.

After Jacob it would likely be between the MC or Derek and...I don't really see Derek as the leader type, so yeah, by then it would be the MC. Again, assuming we get that far in the story, and that the MC doesn't die in some tragic totally-not-fire-related way.
I think the mc might even be President before Jacob If we're on full DIK path and It depends how everyone is gonna deal with the "problems" that will come in the next season.The Mc will probably play a big part in this and will earn the Spot as President (of course If we make the right Choices).
Or Maybe Jacob will be chosen as president but he refuses after he saw what we did for the DIKs.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
What would you guys change about her?
If it wasn't cosmetic change her from side girl to main ;)
You really don't want to see Dev's act this way or make these rash types of decisions.
It's a bad move no matter how you look at it he used this place to promote at one point and has now pretty much turned his back on it all.
Is DPC getting a kick out of all this like a fetish from AVN's?
Could be I've always thought the guy was a bit of a sadist for what he did in AL but who knows what's going on in his mind.

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes