N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This week I've been busy working on static renders and animations, but I also made time to do something I've had on my mind for quite some time now.

One common feedback, and also something I've felt myself, is that Brawler isn't very fun.

The mini-games were added to Being a DIK to offer some variation in the play style and also to be enjoyable.

If a mini-game feels like a chore, it means that it's not what I set out to create.

With Brawler, I had the vision that you could level up your skills in free roam and then make use of that training during story mode, in fights.

The biggest issue I had, with the current version of Brawler, is that it broke immersion during the story mode.

I still liked the core idea, but the execution wasn't exactly what I wanted.

That's why I spent 3 days this week re-designing Brawler.

1.jpeg

For the app in your phone, Brawler looks like a 2D fighting game, while in story mode it's mainly POV (point of view) perspective.

The gameplay has changed from being strategy and turned based to challenge your reflexes more.

1 (1).jpeg

When you attack and defend, in the new version of Brawler, you enter combinations using the arrow keys on your keyboard.

1 (2).jpeg

Brawler still makes use of the old skill point system and you can still buy the skills "Heal" and "Roundhouse kick", plus a new skill "Counter attack ($$$)".

The feel I get from playing this new version of Brawler, is that it's so much more fun than the old version and that it really works great in the story mode.

It feels so friggin' fun to beat up Dawe in episode 2, or Troy in episode 1, with seamless transition.

You don't have to replay these scenes, but if you want to you might enjoy it.

I have produced new renders for both of these scenes, to use in Brawler.

Brawler is still optional and will only be available if you play the story with mini-games enabled.

Your old saved games will work as is, without any issues, and the money you invested in Brawler will still get you the same advantage as you had before. This new gameplay mechanic might catch you off-guard the first time, if you don't replay the game. That's all.

The old version of Brawler will be scrapped. If you really loved that version, I'm sorry for this change. But it wasn't a good long-term solution for the game and I had to make this call.

I hope you'll like this big change, because I really love it.

Poll news
In other news the cosmetic poll for Isabella just ended.

And the winner of all polls was option #3.
1 (3).jpeg

Soon, another poll will start where you will decide which animation type gets the most focus, for Camila.

Have a great weekend!

Dr PinkCake

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

This week I've been busy working on static renders and animations, but I also made time to do something I've had on my mind for quite some time now.

One common feedback, and also something I've felt myself, is that Brawler isn't very fun.

The mini-games were added to Being a DIK to offer some variation in the play style and also to be enjoyable.

If a mini-game feels like a chore, it means that it's not what I set out to create.

With Brawler, I had the vision that you could level up your skills in free roam and then make use of that training during story mode, in fights.

The biggest issue I had, with the current version of Brawler, is that it broke immersion during the story mode.

View attachment 318966

For the app in your phone, Brawler looks like a 2D fighting game, while in story mode it's mainly POV (point of view) perspective.

The gameplay has changed from being strategy and turned based to challenge your reflexes more.

View attachment 318963

When you attack and defend, in the new version of Brawler, you enter combinations using the arrow keys on your keyboard.

View attachment 318964

Brawler still makes use of the old skill point system and you can still buy the skills "Heal" and "Roundhouse kick", plus a new skill "Counter attack ($$$)".

The feel I get from playing this new version of Brawler, is that it's so much more fun than the old version and that it really works great in the story mode.

It feels so friggin' fun to beat up Dawe in episode 2, or Troy in episode 1, with seamless transition.

Brawler is still optional and will only be available if you play the story with mini-games enabled.

Your old saved games will work as is, without any issues, and the money you invested in Brawler will still get you the same advantage as you had before. This new gameplay mechanic might catch you off-guard the first time, if you don't replay the game. That's all.

The old version of Brawler will be scrapped. If you really loved that version, I'm sorry for this change. But it wasn't a good long-term solution for the game and I had to make this call.

Poll news

View attachment 318965

Soon, another poll will start where you will decide which animation type gets the most focus, for Camila.

Have a great weekend!

Dr PinkCake
wait... now we get QTE ?

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
nasty not in a good way... her twat is infested by dead maggots. she carries a plague, ebola, SARS and whatever disease was popular when DrPinkCake was writing her
Your words sound like a music to my ears! My MC in game can happily die in her arms from any disease she carry. Because it is just a game and i don't give a fuck:p

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
The last new poll :

Vote for the animation type you want to see get most focus for Camila in Episode 3.
Your vote is worth 1 vote in this poll.
Vote in all polls you're eligible for:

Cowgirl

Reverse cowgirl

Against wall (Face to face)

Against wall (Doggystyle)

hennaotoko

Jul 11, 2017

View attachment 318966

View attachment 318963

View attachment 318964

Poll news

View attachment 318965

Have a great weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Fuckin' A. Worst part of the game gets a revamp. Hopefully he will fix the sliding block puzzle while he is at it.

Blob

May 7, 2017
Fuckin' A. Worst part of the game gets a revamp. Hopefully he will fix the sliding block puzzle while he is at it.
The fighting game wasn't great but it was still better than this cursed sliding puzzle.
I hate it so much >_>

Reactions: Nevu

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
you know? people been comparing DrPinkCake and PhillyGames for a long time since they make similar yet different choices in the creative department.
- In CoBD people hate Shenlon because she's a mean-spirited bitch that needs to learn some manners, thus the hate-fuck in chapter 2 is personal.
- Quinn would be a hatefuck for things she's trying to pull on others, but so far there is no reason to really hate her. so far she didn't force anything,
all the mean things I say about Quinn are ment to channel my inner rage for the best hatefuck of all games... *commences meditating *
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power...

stanley tucci

Apr 2, 2018
I didn’t mind the old brawler minigane but it was a bit dodgy at times. The new version sounds like it could be better even though it sounds like a QTE :p

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
If you don't mind me criticising, your Bella needs a bit of work on the face. :whistle:
Jill looks very good! Almost perfect but just a tad bit off.
And that Missy is spot-on! Is that the official Melissa model from DrPinkCake? Because that's practically perfect!
It is while doing research that I come across the models or what comes close to them, then it only remains to make some modifications.

So it's personal work.

For Isabella, I know, one of these days I will make the necessary modifications so that she gets closer to it, but on the other hand I didn't find the right model, so I started from a Genesis 8 database.

For Jill, I don't understand (my English is not perfect), what do you mean by "tad bit off"?

ps : Little modifs for Isabella...not perfect, but better than nothing :unsure:

Isabella modifs.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes