Oct 31, 2017
Wow, 2741 pages. You weren't kidding about having to go back several dozen pages. As a newcomer to what is considered to be the most liked game (for now) I find it very puzzling and amusing as to why this game receives such attention. So I guess I'll give it a try and see what the fuss about this game is.

Also, I have never laughed so hard until today about degeneracy.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Being pretty clueless with anything but hit start to play, how do I find this hidden file. woof , I mean Thanks

Delete your own persistent file in both locations beforehand for this save to work.
Especially in the hidden location at:
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Being pretty clueless with anything but hit start to play, how do I find this hidden file. woof , I mean Thanks

Delete your own persistent file in both locations beforehand for this save to work.
Especially in the hidden location at:
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494
In File Explorer enable viewing of hidden files (if you can't find this on your own, then "google it").
Then go with File Explorer to "C:" drive, then "Users", then enter your own username folder, then go to "AppData", then "Roaming", etc...

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

dulifa

Nov 7, 2017
Getting this error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test4.rpy", line 130, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test4.rpyc", line 130, in script
    ��)]u�*o�Ia�Q-១����/�ޯ��κ������%ڱ�R�$�;+���\�/5+k�]P�VX>�EH��mڔ���� I�OԲ��م$�b�X<I(�L�[�9Y��˻�|�P�M�'PCQ�u��}�JH`$X��v���XI����8�L��JwG���K*�/�H'��T�+��*�Wv|����3�>�*ݤ+�L��o�f�&��6Yi��N�8����sG��7g�-wT�{$��t��3���
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test4.rpy", line 130, in <module>
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\new games\BeingADIK-042-pc-compressed\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.2
Sun Feb 23 17:40:31 2020

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
First playthrough, lost Maya and Josy. Anyone here manage to get both?
Currently banging Sage and romancing Jill

Kaptin

Feb 16, 2020
Wow i like it!

But i think it would be better to make your teaser more dynamic. No one reads that text in the bottom :)

And 15 seconds of studio names and splash screens in not good at all :)

Didn't read the thread tho.
The teaser video might be mildly misleading for some folks. I mentioned the game to someone, they looked it up, saw the video, and thought it looked like an "idealized version of college." It's hard to explain that it's not without going into all kinds of spoilers, but I certainly wouldn't call this "idealized." Oh, sure, there's plenty of good college fun. But also secrets, lies, heartbreak, drugs, prostitution, alcohol causing soooo many problems, STDs, and hints of even more badness to come (like whatever Isabella's deal is, or Tybalt being... well, Tybalt).

I'm sure there's some game out there that does make everything ideal, where you can date and get all the girls like it's a Pokemon game and you gotta catch 'em all, but I appreciate that DPC isn't making that kind of game. I know there's plenty of folks who like them, but for me they're boring as hell.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes