Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
He was still here back when ep 2 hit, i remember because getting a like from him encouraged me to start to be active :HideThePain: something must have happened afterwards
Easy there Spectre, I guess that is hard some times tolerate shit from people that are not supporting you, fans or not, one thing is to tolerate and hear your patreons, other is from a random guy that may be a fan or just a random dude trolling.

Guys remember to check on Being A Dik: Fan Art we post fan-art almost every day and people may miss it or not know of this thread existence. Here my last one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Try to keep it clean, to get a notification of new post, mark the option "Watch" on the top of the thread.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
Sure but he would pop up now and again with a post here and there I just wonder with discord and the game taking up his time is what made him lose interest either that or certain behaviour by a few individuals could have led to it.
Well being a project manager I learned one thing, you get kicked out through the door come back through the window (we practiced the window thing during the game, right?)..... said that if anybody has a way to contact him can a question be asked what we all need to do to get a tiny bit of his attention back? The worse can happen is a No from his side. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gods and Mormont

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
Easy there Spectre, I guess that is hard some times tolerate shit from people that are not supporting you, fans or not, one thing is to tolerate and hear your patreons, other is from a random guy that may be a fan or just a random dude trolling.

Guys remember to check on Being A Dik: Fan Art we post fan-art almost every day and people may miss it or not know of this thread existence. Here my last one:
Try to keep it clean, to get a notification of new post, mark the option "Watch" on the top of the thread.
Exactly, nobody should put up with the bs from
Nah DPC was really leaving caus of the backlash he got from that fire ending ...

And sorry for anyone that didn't get a like from me but I am at my daily limit... Don't blame me … blame the authority .

pilapila3 I wont mind having a badik jacket dik frat style for real tho ;)
I will look what I can find...... Should be possible with all the college things in US. ;)

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I think BaDIK may surprise you. I loved AL..... and still do but BaDIK won me over. I expect something to happen soon. I do not think this VN will focus just on dating different girls you know. ;)
BaDIK is an amazing game but I have never been more invested in a story than I have with AL. Also Melissa is my favourite girl of all time even over every other tv and movie character.
BaDIK is one of my favourite games but nothing will ever come close to the journey of AL for me.

@Melissa fan I understand ur feelings towards Riona truly I do.... But considering what a massive production this game already is and we are only just started to get into it.

Making a romatic ending for every single girl on the roster seems to me like too much work.
What gives me hope is that we will have a lot of episodes. We could have episodes that reduce the screentime of one of the main girls to build up a side girl and have the final episode be massive with 10 different endings for all the girls. Of course Riona could just be a side girl we occasionally screw for the entire game but I find that thinking I could end up with almost any girl makes me enjoy the game and their character more.

Maybe side girls will get their own main role in the next game ;) :love: I would not mind...... Sooooo many options.......
Sign me up for a Riona game.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
That looks good you know the MC was a chick magnet before, he starts wearing that he will be overrun by them :LOL:
if you are referring to the jacket I know I will get in trouble with my better half........ ;):ROFLMAO:
....Unless she starts playing...... HOT wifey........ ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Mormont

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
I think it was down to a backlash over how AL ended I believe DPC was on the receiving end of quite a lot of the bad stuff that was said over that, he was here when this was at 0.1 but I don't think he stuck around after which is a shame. I like when devs interact with all their fanbases albeit a pirate one.
That's the problem with many devs nowadays. If you are gonna put your work out there for other people to judge than you should develop a thick skin. You just don't run away and hide behind only the people who sing your high praises without any form of criticism. A good example of how a dev should handle criticism is Sean Murray. He became the internets punching bag and yet he came back stronger cause he and his team were willing to interact with their biggest detractors , learn from their mistake ,take the criticism as feedback and completely turn things around for them as a studio and ofc no man's sky as a game. I genuinely respect him and hello games for that

Edit: I have a gut feeling he does lurk around these forums , don't you DPC

Jan 24, 2018
The egg the preps hell week task has not been implemented and its possible that Derek completed that off screen.

The Maya and Josy ending u need to follow a chick playtrough and have as many Josy and Maya relation points as possible.
so being together with both of them is actually possible? and i didn't even realized that chick playthrough was even viable since all the options that pop out on dialogue are DIK options

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
That's the problem with many devs nowadays. If you are gonna put your work out there for other people to judge than you should develop a thick skin. You just don't run away and hide behind only the people who sing your high praises without any form of criticism. A good example of how a dev should handle criticism is Sean Murray. He became the internets punching bag and yet he came back stronger cause he and his team were willing to interact with their biggest detractors , learn from their mistake ,take the criticism as feedback and completely turn things around for them as a studio and ofc no man's sky as a game. I genuinely respect him and hello games for that

Constructive criticism and harassing/trolling are two different things. I have a feeling we are talking about trolling in this case, aren't we? ;)

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Constructive criticism and harassing/trolling are two different things. I have a feeling we are talking about trolling in this case, aren't we? ;)
In today's climate every form of criticism is either considered trolling or harassing. Like i said if you put your work out there for others you better have a thick skin cause people will judge and some will try and belittle and hurt you using your creation as an excuse. You either fold and hide or you bounce back and come swinging stronger than ever or you can be in denial like bugthesda and pete hines lol what a joke of a company

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018

Well, some people are just different in how they take any criticisms some take it on board and get better while others just can't handle it. As long as it's constructive criticism, of course, you'd probably still get a lot of people who would bring up that ending in AL at every opportunity.

Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019

Yeah but one thing is criticism, other is personal insults or attacks, no one should have to tolerate that, less from random anonymous dudes from the internet that may or not be your fans/followers/patreons, at let's be honest, we like the game a lot, but if you're not a Patreon you have no right to say anything against him, you can criticize the game but not him, he delivers for the people that help him.
Anyway, the only way he found to deal with it is separating the fans by those who pay, and those who don't, it may sound a DIK move, but there is no way you can tell if someone is authentic or just trolling, and a troll don't pay to troll :WeSmart:
And that's why he put a long-ass note at the beginning of BaDIK, just to make sure what you are against.
And the ones that criticize where a small portion of their fanbase, the problem was that not everyone put their voices out, and the one that didn't like it, cried out loud, really loud.

At the end, it wasn't a criticism because of a bad game, but because people didn't like the ending, so it was personal rather than a bad product, so yeah, there is a difference, the game still great, brilliant writing just like BaDIk, that game was lit, literally :KEK:

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
In today's climate every form of criticism is either considered trolling or harassing. Like i said if you put your work out there for others you better have a thick skin cause people will judge and some will try and belittle and hurt you using your creation as an excuse. You either fold and hide or you bounce back and come swinging stronger than ever or you can be in denial like bugthesda and pete hines lol what a joke of a company
I agree but the way message is sent determines how it is received. Believe me, I am responsible for customer service in a big company and some people just need a filter :D

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
Yeah but one thing is criticism, other is personal insults or attacks, no one should have to tolerate that, less from random anonymous dudes from the internet that may or not be your fans/followers/patreons, at let's be honest, we like the game a lot, but if you're not a Patreon you have no right to say anything against him, you can criticize the game but not him, he delivers for the people that help him.
Anyway, the only way he found to deal with it is separating the fans by those who pay, and those who don't, it may sound a DIK move, but there is no way you can tell if someone is authentic or just trolling, and a troll don't pay to troll :WeSmart:
And that's why he put a long-ass note at the beginning of BaDIK, just to make sure what you are against.
And the ones that criticize where a small portion of their fanbase, the problem was that not everyone put their voices out, and the one that didn't like it, cried out loud, really loud.

At the end, it wasn't a criticism because of a bad game, but because people didn't like the ending, so it was personal rather than a bad product, so yeah, there is a difference, the game still great, brilliant writing just like BaDIk, that game was lit, literally :KEK:
As always Dumitas, well said, thumbs up!!!

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes