Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Yeah but one thing is criticism, other is personal insults or attacks, no one should have to tolerate that, less from random anonymous dudes from the internet that may or not be your fans/followers/patreons, at let's be honest, we like the game a lot, but if you're not a Patreon you have no right to say anything against him, you can criticize the game but not him, he delivers for the people that help him.
Anyway, the only way he found to deal with it is separating the fans by those who pay, and those who don't, it may sound a DIK move, but there is no way you can tell if someone is authentic or just trolling, and a troll don't pay to troll :WeSmart:
And that's why he put a long-ass note at the beginning of BaDIK, just to make sure what you are against.
And the ones that criticize where a small portion of their fanbase, the problem was that not everyone put their voices out, and the one that didn't like it, cried out loud, really loud.
I would never condone personal attacks on someone cause of a friggin game but i think it goes with the territory, people are just mean in general lol. At the end by doing what he did he just gave more ammo to his detractors and to the trolls but yeah i get what you mean. It was for the sake of his own personal sanity
the game still great, brilliant writing just like BaDIk, that game was lit, literally :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
I think it is up to us to change it...... If people would stop complaining and simply enjoy the game showing support it might change. It is DPC's story and we need to let him tell it. Of course each of us has favorite girl/girls but we need to take it like in real life and wait for what the future brings.
This is horrible advice. Now Being a Dik is an amazing game so I've got no reason to complain but if that changes then I will voice criticism and if it looks unsalvageable I will walk away.

This idea that you should just take what you are given is for mindless consumers, it's how you end up with a Milfy City or on a much bigger scale Star Wars.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
I would never condone personal attacks on someone cause of a friggin game but i think it goes with the territory, people are just mean in general lol. At the end by doing what he did he just gave more ammo to his detractors and to the trolls but yeah i get what you mean. It was for the sake of his own personal sanity

So far I have not seen any Grinches here for now:ROFLMAO:
Just one remark, like with any work of art, the better it is the more controversy, the style of discussion will depend on the level of personal culture.
I do not mind to exchange arguments, everybody has a right to a personal point of view...... and no matter what "family comes first". We do not have to agree with each other but respect is a must:)

Reactions: Hazeti

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
This is horrible advice. Now Being a Dik is an amazing game so I've got no reason to complain but if that changes then I will voice criticism and if it looks unsalvageable I will walk away.

This idea that you should just take what you are given is for mindless consumers, it's how you end up with a Milfy City or on a much bigger scale Star Wars.
What I meant is that it is DPC's story not ours. We can judge the game when it is finished. So far it is getting better and better.

If you buy a book and do not like it do you write to the author to change it? No, you either read to the end or you don't. It is your choice, nobody is forcing you to go on. Criticism is good if it is constructive, trolling is not. I think we are both on the same page.
I do not advise anybody to blindly accept everything. People need to choose wisely. I just do not think that if somebody gets game free of charge it is fair to throw sh... at the author. ;)

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
That's the problem with many devs nowadays. If you are gonna put your work out there for other people to judge than you should develop a thick skin. You just don't run away and hide behind only the people who sing your high praises without any form of criticism. A good example of how a dev should handle criticism is Sean Murray. He became the internets punching bag and yet he came back stronger cause he and his team were willing to interact with their biggest detractors , learn from their mistake ,take the criticism as feedback and completely turn things around for them as a studio and ofc no man's sky as a game. I genuinely respect him and hello games for that

Edit: I have a gut feeling he does lurk around these forums , don't you DPC
It's not just criticism or a few insults though. I'm betting he got a few death threats after AL and I wouldn't blame him one bit for hiding away from everyone. No one ever deserves death threats and there are unstable people out there that may follow through.

If you buy a book and do not like it do you write to the author to change it? No, you either read to the end or you don't. It is your choice, nobody is forcing you to go on. Criticism is good if it is constructive, trolling is not. I think we are both on the same page.
This isn't a finished book though it's an ongoing game and if something happens that everyone hates but doesn't say anything about then the game will just die. Most games and tv shows these days listens to what the fans do and do not like so they can make some changes if needed. I understand that this is his story but if the fans don't like it they won't play it and he won't even be able to tell it anyway.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Yeah but one thing is criticism, other is personal insults or attacks, no one should have to tolerate that, less from random anonymous dudes from the internet that may or not be your fans/followers/patreons, at let's be honest, we like the game a lot, but if you're not a Patreon you have no right to say anything against him, you can criticize the game but not him, he delivers for the people that help him.
Anyway, the only way he found to deal with it is separating the fans by those who pay, and those who don't, it may sound a DIK move, but there is no way you can tell if someone is authentic or just trolling, and a troll don't pay to troll :WeSmart:
And that's why he put a long-ass note at the beginning of BaDIK, just to make sure what you are against.
And the ones that criticize where a small portion of their fanbase, the problem was that not everyone put their voices out, and the one that didn't like it, cried out loud, really loud.

At the end, it wasn't a criticism because of a bad game, but because people didn't like the ending, so it was personal rather than a bad product, so yeah, there is a difference, the game still great, brilliant writing just like BaDIk, that game was lit, literally :KEK:
I agree but the way message is sent determines how it is received. Believe me, I am responsible for customer service in a big company and some people just need a filter :D
That will only happen if he starts losing patrons I don't think whatever is said here gives him any concern a pirates opinion is probably not very high on his agenda.
The problem weren't the harassers... Philly has got a whole list of death threats and he's still here..DPC started hating on.F95 when people pointed out that he rushed the whole Leah revelation and that there was no difference if the player picked athletic trait nor if Meghan wasn't the main girl pursued by the MC...
But let's keep it on.topic....
The list of LI can be always expanded, as soon as Riona has her own path

obibobi

May 10, 2017
What I meant is that it is DPC's story not ours. We can judge the game when it is finished. So far it is getting better and better.

I do not advise anybody to blindly accept everything. People need to choose wisely. I just do not think that if somebody gets game free of charge it is fair to throw sh... at the author. ;)
That's a bad example of the situation. As Melissa Fan say's this is an ongoing process, these types of games are almost always made in pieces with devs constantly adding to them.

A better example would be if the author had written a book in a series, then I write a review pointing out all the things I did not like in hopes that they are no longer a factor in future books of the series or future books that the author writes.

As for your last points you don't need need to say bad behavior is bad.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
From the Q&A

Is there an ending already planned for this game or is it so far away you dont think about that yet?

Multiple endings are planned. I will not disclose the number of endings or give any more details, but expect variation and some joint shared events.

Not sure what joined shared events are exactly but variations in endings sounds good to me!

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
That would mean that Jill will end up with nothing either since she graduating the same time as Sage so would make no sense ;)

And Riona already made it clear it is just two people making out at a party :whistle:

Its not that weird having a (side girl) fool around with the MC and not just the (main girls)

And its not that weird either that (side girls) catch feelings for the MC but I am guessing DPC wants it to be more be involved around the main ones.

So if we will end up with someone it would be with a main girl imo

But dont get me wrong I do love plenty of (side girls) And would love to see a ending were I am with one of those as well.

But I am just looking at it from a DPC standpoint as he didn't make main LI for nothing
yall do realize that theres bachlors masters and phd so they could still come back to school the next semester

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
It's not just criticism or a few insults though. I'm betting he got a few death threats after AL and I wouldn't blame him one bit for hiding away from everyone. No one ever deserves death threats and there are unstable people out there that may follow through.

This isn't a finished book though it's an ongoing game and if something happens that everyone hates but doesn't say anything about then the game will just die. Most games and tv shows these days listens to what the fans do and do not like so they can make some changes if needed. I understand that this is his story but if the fans don't like it they won't play it and he won't even be able to tell it anyway.
Agreed but if I would have story to say I would stick to the idea. He cannot make everybody happy and there will be as many opinions as people on this forum. I liked twist to the story in AL. Was I devastated to make the call? Yes, yes and yes. Only hard headed motherf.... would not be. It was not supposed to be romance with a lot of sugar coating though. If I will look for something like that I will watch movie on Hallmark.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
The problem weren't the harassers... Philly has got a whole list of death threats and he's still here..DPC started hating on.F95 when people pointed out that he rushed the whole Leah revelation and that there was no difference if the player picked athletic trait nor if Meghan wasn't the main girl pursued by the MC...
It's one of the reasons why i personally prefer Philly over DPC as a creator. If the dude improved his stories he would be on par if not above DPC. City of broken dreamers technically destroys BADIK in visuals and animations and that's a fact. He just needs to work a tad bit more on his storytelling and we are golden

ayyylmaooo

Donor
May 5, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_sage.rpy", line 11, in script
    $ newMessageIntJosy = len(chat_josy_history)
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_sage.rpy", line 11, in <module>
NameError: name 'chat_josy_history' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Samsung\Downloads\BeingADIK-042-pc\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Samsung\Downloads\BeingADIK-042-pc\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_sage.rpy", line 11, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.3.1
Sat Mar 07 21:45:14 2020
could anyone help me? i get this error when sage says that she/s gonna set up the movienight.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
That's a bad example of the situation. As Melissa Fan say's this is an ongoing process, these types of games are almost always made in pieces with devs constantly adding to them.

A better example would be if the author had written a book in a series, then I write a review pointing out all the things I did not like in hopes that they are no longer a factor in future books of the series or future books that the author writes.

As for your last points you don't need need to say bad behavior is bad.
Valid point but again there are as many opinions as people and what you do not like is not necessarily in alignment with otheropinions and author will have to make a call that will make some of us unhappy:D

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
That's the problem with many devs nowadays. If you are gonna put your work out there for other people to judge than you should develop a thick skin. You just don't run away and hide behind only the people who sing your high praises without any form of criticism. A good example of how a dev should handle criticism is Sean Murray. He became the internets punching bag and yet he came back stronger cause he and his team were willing to interact with their biggest detractors , learn from their mistake ,take the criticism as feedback and completely turn things around for them as a studio and ofc no man's sky as a game. I genuinely respect him and hello games for that

Edit: I have a gut feeling he does lurk around these forums , don't you DPC
Im not entirely sure that was the case with DPC,given recent events around this part of the internet I`m not even sure the users of this forum are to blame....especially that I am aware of couple of other devs deciding not to post around here and it wasnt because of the users.The time frame of reactions to the ending of AL and DPC leaving do not add up either so theres that.
Another important info to mention is that at this point he does not need this place.

He does not.
Some of the bugs have been mentioned here right after the release of the latest episode and DPC wasnt aware of them untill the Steam release.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
yall do realize that theres bachlors masters and phd so they could still come back to school the next semester
And u do realize its a game rite ? And I forgot who it was Jill or Sage its been a while but one of them said they be gone when they graduate. ;)

But its a game so anything can happen... But witout time skips from the dev we can easily make it to the end were Sage or Jill graduate. (y)

Anyways I doubt DPC will change his story for just a few who are voicing their opinions since he already said he has the story he wants to tell planned out and wont really change it for someone else.

But i wont be surprised that some side girls get a ending as well since a few side girls already get some interesting storyline to them as well.

So i am exited to see what unfolds next.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Samsung\Downloads\BeingADIK-042-pc\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Samsung\Downloads\BeingADIK-042-pc\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.3.1
Sat Mar 07 21:45:14 2020
could anyone help me? i get this error when sage says that she/s gonna set up the movienight.
Does pressing ignore have any effect?

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Im not entirely sure that was the case with DPC,given recent events around this part of the internet I`m not even sure the users of this forum are to blame....especially that I am aware of couple of other devs deciding not to post around here and it wasnt because of the users.The time frame of reactions to the ending of AL and DPC leaving do not add up either so theres that.
Another important info to mention is that at this point he does not need this place.

He does not.
Some of the bugs have been mentioned here right after the release of the latest episode and DPC wasnt aware of them untill the Steam release.
Ofc he doesn't need this place with 4k + people backing him up but at one point in time he DID use this site to promote himself and his games. He shouldn't forget that but oh well success tends to make people forget about their roots or things that help them along the way. I respect him as a creator but some of his decisions are blurred at best

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes