Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think I get what you're saying. Like it felt more like they were resolving their issues and not any issue either had with MC? I think that's why I (saved first, because... reasons) chose to go the Just Friends route. Also Jade.
Not quite, more like it's about how neither seem to acknowledge that both of them straying from each other with the same guy must have meant something, not just about their relationship but about him too. I can accept that they don't feel angry, as they said, because it should have made them feel uncertain and confused, not happy about it. I don't see how anyone could feel happy to know that someone they loved cheated on them for the same reasons that they also cheated.

That scene is what I think made people feel like these two were a waste of time because they don't properly acknowledge the situation and just weirdly brush past it. Had there been a little more acknowledgement of the MC then I think things would have been different.

I agree that scene is the crux of the problem, but I would go further; the biggest single problem is the way Maya and Josy kiss each other if the MC goes the friendship route. If Maya and Josy were holding hands with sad faces as the MC left, I think it would be much easier to accept that the MC had been (and would continue to be) a major part of their lives, one way or the other.
The kiss after the friendship decision is another issue, but I wouldn't say it's the biggest problem. It just furthers that feeling in some that these two were a waste of time because as soon as the MC's back is turned they're locking lips. A bit of respect for the MC's feelings would have gone a long way.

Reactions: FLTFFS and Carnagie

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I agree that scene is the crux of the problem, but I would go further; the biggest single problem is the way Maya and Josy kiss each other if the MC goes the friendship route. If Maya and Josy were holding hands with sad faces as the MC left, I think it would be much easier to accept that the MC had been (and would continue to be) a major part of their lives, one way or the other.
I would say while that scene was the biggest problem, over the whole ep4 there where many problems.

At begin, both are like MC don't leave ect...after that i had expected some kind of fight, at least a heated argument...but nothing instead their all smiles after like 2 min mc left.

The following days, there's zero sign that they where close to break up, had a fight/argument...

At the party Josy want MC to talk with them, first thing u come in the room and they seem all over each other...feels kinda like a other slap in mc's face

Then what Bacchus said, that love confession there was just out of place and all infront mc
And than as u said, if u choose to stay friends, the whole scene basically screams they give a fuck for mc's feelings.

Probably just me...maybe better if u have such a talk not if ur full drunk, high and just fucked Quinn on the roof :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Bacchus

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Friends who lie or keep things from you are not better than no friends. Additionally they have their own shit that they will be going through that they will drag the MC into (tuition, sorority pledges, etc). Finally, as I've said many times it has been two weeks, two weeks of college and the MC is unable/unwilling to walk away. Especially when he is already fucking multiple women outside of this triad.

Anyway, I was just curious how everyone felt. I am not, in any way, trying to make some crazy statement about how DPC should write his game or that my viewpoint is the only viable one. I wanted to know if anyone felt that they would like a "burn the bridge down" third option.
Surely the reason why you can't put aside friendship with m&j is because there's no real reason, when you choose Derek's path he tells you, you're a snowflake, and he's right...

What exactly is there to be recriminate josy? He told you from the beginning that he was with someone and yet MC keeps insisting, that I didn't tell you she's Maya? Okay, is it relevant? How would she know you knew her and who you were staying with her?

Maya can be recriminate that she hides a failed relationship from you, she thought that relationship was already over and that's why she acts like she acts, when she finally opens up to you in every way, josy arrives josy interrupting what she was going to tell you, be honest late but her intention is to do it, your state you have dated both, they are nevertheless due to you unconditionally?

I pass both, and I'm going to choose to be just your friend because my interest is bella/jill, I don't say this as m&j Fan, but I really don't understand that aversion to them, if all except jill are being unfaithful to someone...

Reactions: Real Kreten

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Absolutely accurate, the MC tells them he wants to be their friend and they immediately try to reach each others tonsils with their tongues?

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I was a bit disappointed that "more than friends" with Josy and Maya is not available as a DIK (in a game called "Being a DIK").
Well, DIK is the fraternity, you don't have to be an actual dick to join them. We have dicks like Tommy, yeah but we also hve cool dudes like Jacob and Rusty you know :p
Entirely untrue. Look at Sisterly Lust and others.
Exactly, I liked them quite a lot but towards the end, it got boring because we got a personal harem. Was more fun when we were just fooling around casually.
What do you guys think will happen with Bella on episode 5? a date or another sleepover? I'm definitely expecting things to get hotter with her but not too much. Maybe another scene like the one in shower but this a bit more talk... do you think i'm i being too hopeful?
She'll teach MC how to cook, that's a given. Hopefully we'll learn more about her problems and she'll be a bit more open than before with sex stuff
When you get to the denouement with Maya and Josy did anyone want a third option to say, "Fuck you and Fuck you, I'm out"? I'm just curious in that situation if there was any desire from players to end those relationships completely and move on.
I mean you have only known Maya for a couple of weeks (right?) and you've known Josy for a little more than half the summer. Why not cut your losses completely and focus on another woman or women? It's the second week of college, why tie himself to two people who have lied to him and each other?
Maya? Yes. Josy? No, not yet. Both fucked up, yeah but everyone deserves a second chance. I would give Josy that, since she fucked up for the first time. I don't have any interest in giving a chance to someone who fucked up her 5th chance. If she was a family member, sure but no. I don't want to see Ep 5 starting with their drama. We had enough already.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Maya? Yes. Josy? No, not yet. Both fucked up, yeah but everyone deserves a second chance. I would give Josy that, since she fucked up for the first time. I don't have any interest in giving a chance to someone who fucked up her 5th chance. If she was a family member, sure but no. I don't want to see Ep 5 starting with their drama. We had enough already.
Eh, I feel like both of them are too much drama and not really worth dealing with it. Maya is trying to hide Josy from her family and will most likely use you to do that. Josy is the one who lied the most (IIRC) and didn't seem that broken up about it. Maya came to you in tears in public to try and talk.

The whole shift in emotion and tone from that scene in the gender studies room to the party was too much of a change. You go from angry and unwilling to talk to totally cool with everything and willing to either enter a sharing relationship or walk away with friendship while they play tonsil hockey with each other. That kiss and the way the MC is so obviously ancillary to them is why I was wondering if people thought there should have been a third choice.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I would say while that scene was the biggest problem, over the whole ep4 there where many problems.

At begin, both are like MC don't leave ect...after that i had expected some kind of fight, at least a heated argument...but nothing instead their all smiles after like 2 min mc left.

The following days, there's zero sign that they where close to break up, had a fight/argument...

At the party Josy want MC to talk with them, first thing u come in the room and they seem all over each other...feels kinda like a other slap in mc's face

Then what Bacchus said, that love confession there was just out of place and all infront mc
And than as u said, if u choose to stay friends, the whole scene basically screams they give a fuck for mc's feelings.

Probaly just me...maybe better if u have such a talk not if ur full drunk, high and just fucked Quinn on the roof :unsure:
We may still be very early on in the game and things can still change, but this felt the fire incident all over again; a controversial story shift that has divided fans and ruined potentially good relationship options.

I know we all frequently heap fawning praise on DPC for being a good writer, and they are because of the way they write these characters that it makes you care so much about them, but no writer is perfect and I feel like they didn't really stick the landing here.

Absolutely accurate, the MC tells them he wants to be their friend and they immediately try to reach each others tonsils with their tongues?
Really do wonder why they included that :unsure: I'm starting to think they have something against threesome relationships because the previous one got burned to a crisp and then this one treats the MC like an afterthought. Surely they knew that that scene would get people angry and it seems like that's the only reason they did it.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Eh, I feel like both of them are too much drama and not really worth dealing with it. Maya is trying to hide Josy from her family and will most likely use you to do that. Josy is the one who lied the most (IIRC) and didn't seem that broken up about it. Maya came to you in tears in public to try and talk.

The whole shift in emotion and tone from that scene in the gender studies room to the party was too much of a change. You go from angry and unwilling to talk to totally cool with everything and willing to either enter a sharing relationship or walk away with friendship while they play tonsil hockey with each other. That kiss and the way the MC is so obviously ancillary to them is why I was wondering if people thought there should have been a third choice.
No third choice due to them being involved in the story either way, but he could have handled that scene a little bit better after 0.4 it was probably the most complained part of the update a lot of people thought it made no sense and that all the issues between them were then swept under the carpet if there is one scene that could have played out better it was that one.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I still say a lot of it is down to that scene at the end of ep 4. For me, it did feel like they had built a strong connection in a short space of time, especially with Maya, but then they just seemed to forget he was there and that didn't feel right.

So they both cheated, OK, and they weren't mad at each other because they both did the same thing for the same reasons, fine, but that should have given them to pause to to be like, "what does this mean for us?" Telling each other they still love each other and then kissing and making up just felt out of place.

Had that scene played out differently, I think some, not necessarily all, but some people would have felt differently about them.
I agree with this. I guess how that entire scene played out, must have left a lot of players, in particular those who invested in them feeling like crap. Honestly, i'm saying this just trying to put myself in their shoes. My girl is Sage, and i only have saves for her and Bella, but man, that scene as still quite brutal. It didn't make me hate them, but it did make me wish for... I don't know, a vacation from their drama.

That and also, think with me. A lot of Maya fans were JUST Maya fans, i think the same could be said about Josy fans, they were just Josy fans. So for these guys this entire situation must be horrible, their only choice is to get in a 3-way relationship with a character they were "meh" about or even disliked. This is one of the reasons i hope for solo routes for them.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No third choice due to them being involved in the story either way, but he could have handled that scene a little bit better after 0.4 it was probably the most complained part of the update a lot of people thought it made no sense and that all the issues between them were then swept under the carpet if there is one scene that could have played out better it was that one.
Yeah, I agree. I think that I'm probably taking my dislike of the entire situation out on the characters. But then I wasn't that big a Josy or Maya fan (I saw a redhead and I was done) so I was wanting more distance between them and the MC. Obviously I don't want DPC to add in a new choice, just leery of the game going forward continuing to force the MC to be actively part of the lives of two characters that screwed him over and seem to be mostly completely fine with it (no expressed remorse in that last scene if you choose friendship only).

I'd rather that the MC could actually choose "friendship" as in he can avoid hanging out with them for the rest of the game until he and Sage run away to have little redheaded kids together LOL. ;)

Reactions: Yggdrasill Raxor

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with this. I guess how that entire scene played out, must have left a lot of players, in particular those who invested in them feeling like crap. Honestly, i'm saying this just trying to put myself in their shoes. My girl is Sage, and i only have saves for her and Bella, but man, that scene as still quite brutal. It didn't make me hate them, but it did make me wish for... I don't know, a vacation from their drama.

That and also, think with me. A lot of Maya fans were JUST Maya fans, i think the same could be said about Josy fans, they were just Josy fans. So for these guys this entire situation must be horrible, their only choice is to get in a 3-way relationship with a character they were "meh" about or even disliked. This is one of the reasons i hope for solo routes for them.
I'm a fan of both of them, although I often lean more towards Maya, and it definitely hurt like hell. I went through so many emotions after all that which is why I now compare it to the AL fire incident because it felt the same as that for me.

I hate that scene with a passion but being in a threesome with them is still my main because I'm choosing to focus on what came before and on the understanding of who these two are and what they were going through that drew them to the MC, whilst also choosing to ignore most of what happened in that terrible scene.

Reactions: pilapila3

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
the biggest single problem is the way Maya and Josy kiss each other if the MC goes the friendship route. If Maya and Josy were holding hands with sad faces as the MC left, I think it would be much easier to accept
that scene was the biggest problem,
That scene should only be a big problem if you still have feelings for one or other or both of them. If one doesn't, who cares what they do and when. If you still harbor feelings for them, however, "being friends" is actually the worst option. Cutting ties or "going for more" and trying to get them both or try to break them up :devilish: are better options in that case, otherwise you'll be in a Ross (from Friends) situation and just be stuck doing shitty errands/favors for them while:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ross has to because he has a kid with one of them, MC has only known Maya for two weeks.

As a Bella fan from day 1, personally I didn't care that much for either of them at any point (just played it out for the Gallery unlock) so I'm OK being on the friends route - figure I also owe Maya a bit for giving MC a roof while he was homeless at least.

When you get to the denouement with Maya and Josy did anyone want a third option to say, "Fuck you and Fuck you, I'm out"? I'm just curious in that situation if there was any desire from players to end those relationships completely and move on.
Why not cut your losses completely and focus on another woman or women?
I made this more in jest M&J 3rd Option but I figure it's probably what you wish DPC had provided :LOL:

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020
The Third Choice should have been orgy, right then and there.

Carnagie

Apr 30, 2017
I was a Maya fan myself, but I did lose interest once Josie came into the picture and they ended up in a relationship without MC within an update.

RN I'm a Sage fan, but she seems devoted enough to Chad that unless he turns out to be gay the MC will end up alone again. Really the only route that looks solid is Bella, sadly.

Reactions: Mormont

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hide the panties in Tybalts room, where he already has Jills...and then make a nice tape for publication
I like the shape of your noodle, my friend! Tybalt is my main nemesis, he just doesn't realize it yet since I'm staying in Sage's room for now.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That scene should only be a big problem if you still have feelings for one or other or both of them. If one doesn't, who cares what they do and when. If you still harbor feelings for them, however, "being friends" is actually the worst option. Cutting ties or "going for more" and trying to get them both or try to break them up :devilish: are better options in that case, otherwise you'll be in a Ross (from Friends) situation and just be stuck doing shitty errands/favors for them while:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ross has to because he has a kid with one of them, MC has only known Maya for two weeks.
This is a game, not a movie. What happens in a scene where the MC does NOT have feelings for them can bleed over into what happens in a scene where the MC does still have feelings for them.

If we, as the player, see them shrug off the MC walking away, it rather undercuts his importance when we instead see the MC stick with them.

If it turns out this is intentional and MCs pursing 'something more' with them are automatically going to get kicked to the curb at some point down the road then fair enough (though batten down the hatches when that happens!). But at the moment it just looks like poor writing and staging.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I was a Maya fan myself, but I did lose interest once Josie came into the picture and they ended up in a relationship without MC within an update.

RN I'm a Sage fan, but she seems devoted enough to Chad that unless he turns out to be gay the MC will end up alone again. Really the only route that looks solid is Bella, sadly.
I feel you on that one. I am not really optimistic about my chances with Sage. She is too on Chad's hook to commit to the MC, which means the MC is too on her hook, and that is pushing me toward either Bella or Jill. I don't like being a hanger on to anyone's relationship whether that is M&J or Chad and Sage.

At this rate I may end up with Quinn because everyone else fucked me over. As this is a DPC game I have a feeling something horribly wrong and catastrophic will happen to force my hand.

Reactions: Carnagie
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes