Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
however, she immediately lends MC his shorts for yoga, which does not seem to me a priority....

there is something more important in that room
Well, I think apart from the photo and the toothbrush we haven't seen any of the husband's stuff you'd never know he lived there it's why I think it's all in that locked room. The more important thing in that room is all her memories of him but again like I said the facing down of the photo frame was big as if she didn't seem bothered by it facing down. I know the MC has been a little on her mind lately I don't know if she is distracted by him or not probably more so after he wore those gym clothes.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, I think apart from the photo and the toothbrush we haven't seen any of the husband's stuff you'd never know he lived there it's why I think it's all in that locked room. The more important thing in that room is all her memories of him but again like I said the facing down of the photo frame was big as if she didn't seem bothered by it facing down. I know the MC has been a little on her mind lately I don't know if she is distracted by him or not probably more so after he wore those gym clothes.
normally the stuff is not around the house, the clothes are in the closets.... what we see around Bella's apartment could also be her husband's
then the husband is not there at the moment, so it is normal that we do not see his things around in disorder, he might even take them away with you..

Youven

May 13, 2019
Why hasn't anyone ever suggested that the husband is currently in jail for a white-collar crime?
Let's just assume for a second. She think a lot about him but he never seems to be around like he's being held somewhere.
I don't know if you've ever known a woman whose husband is in prison, but in absolute terms, she remains faithful to him... except that with, I don't know, 5 or 6 years in prison, maybe more, it can eventually tickle her down...

Edit 1 : Suppose he's even in prison for a crime he didn't commit... that the person responsible is blackmailing her to keep her husband from dying in prison? She don't hate him, she still love him, but after a long time, she could feel so alone.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why hasn't anyone ever suggested that the husband is currently in jail for a white-collar crime?
Let's just assume for a second. She think a lot about him but he never seems to be around like he's being held somewhere.
I don't know if you've ever known a woman whose husband is in prison, but in absolute terms, she remains faithful to him... except that with, I don't know, 5 or 6 years in prison, maybe more, it can eventually tickle her down...
I think it is a private matter, if it had been something official we would have had some more clues.

Youven

May 13, 2019
She might even be Jill's sister-in-law, because her husband would actually be Jill's older brother.

I think it is a private matter, if it had been something official we would have had some more clues.
We play the game through MC's eye. He even didn't know that Jill is actually a Royce.
Of course it might slip his mind. MC is pretty naive.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
normally the stuff is not around the house, the clothes are in the closets.... what we see around Bella's apartment could also be her husband's
then the husband is not there at the moment, so it is normal that we do not see his things around in disorder, he might even take them away with you..
Well right now it could be anything I'd just think Bella would have kept all her husband's belongings in one place but again she still has that hope he will return. Think out of all the drama this will be the biggest.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
She might even be Jill's sister-in-law, because her husband would actually be Jill's older brother.

We play the game through MC's eye. He even didn't know that Jill is actually a Royce.
Of course it might slip his mind. MC is pretty naive.
Jill's surname doesn't seem so important to me, she's worried that it might change the way people treat her
if she was Jill Rockfeller would anything change at teh moment?

in my opinion, a husband in jail would have left a few more traces, it is also a difficult truth to hide in a small environment like a college

D

Deleted member 2512694

I think that room might have been her husband's office space originally or something he used that room for a lot and she has left it exactly the way he did before he left or where ever he is probably why she leaves it locked she doesn't want to let anyone see or touch anything in there because it's all she has left of him, but what was significant in this update was her putting the photo frame down.
There are a lot of crazy theories about the room. I like this one of yours because it's just normal and very possible.
I think a lot of us still have AL in our subconscious and therefore we constantly expect something bad to happen.

DatFatFrog

May 3, 2017
Anyone have an explanation for the man in the military suit that you find in a room in Bella's house at night ? How was that possible ? He freaked me out

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well I didn't like it in AL either. However, the fact that he's done it once already....
...means he won't do it again. Aside from the fact that a major character death doesn't really fit this game tonally, it would be repeating something that proved incredibly controversial when they did it before and, as the saying goes, "once bitten, twice shy". After getting all that flak for AL, I can't imagine they'd ever do it again, even with side girls as pretty much every one of them has a following to some degree.

AL was also a very subject-heavy story before it even got to the reveal about Leah with plotlines involving domestic abuse that may have also included sexual abuse, the MC's best friend getting cancer, Megan getting thrown out on the streets after losing her job, someone stalking the MC, and the apparent bad guy being friends with a crooked cop. So far in BaDIK, we have some drug use and prostitution, but overall it is much more light-hearted, even with all the relationship drama and to have a character die, even a side character, would go very much against the grain of the feel and tone of this story.

Anyone have an explanation for the man in the military suit that you find in a room in Bella's house at night ? How was that possible ? He freaked me out
Random hallucination, or the MC saw Bella's husband in a picture wearing a military uniform and hallucinated that.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sigh...some ridiculous theories going on around there. I for for one really doubt there's anything dark or very deep going on because so far the game really does not play like that, it's more like those teen dramas with a bit of spice.
90s and 2000s dramas, for sure, because those were fairly light in tone whereas ones these days try too hard to be more gritty and edgy with plotlines of murders, conspiracies, rapes, etc. This story is also based, as DPC has said, on comedic American college movies and those certainly do not involve dark storylines and plot threads.

Reactions: mikelhunt

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If we go with the assumption that her husband was a soldier then MC might have seen him in one of the face down photos he picked up.

Of course, for that to be true we'd have to ignore the fact that I didn't pick any of them up on my first playthrough and I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed them.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That's what i meant. Story is about the same and most of the characters are too, so i think people are really overthinking this when they come with such theories.
Yeah, I know people are still scarred by AL and expecting the worst, but it would be pretty poor judgement on DPC's part if they took the most controversial part of their previous story and did it again in this one because no matter how good the rest of the story and game is, it will be overshadowed by something like this and it will be all people remember, as is the case with AL.

Yes, why not ? And seeing the african mask on the wall, maybe Bella's husband is a serviceman, involved in Africa with the american troops, and reported missing...
Or she bought the mask on eBay.

Youven

May 13, 2019
Jill's surname doesn't seem so important to me, she's worried that it might change the way people treat her
if she was Jill Rockfeller would anything change at teh moment?

in my opinion, a husband in jail would have left a few more traces, it is also a difficult truth to hide in a small environment like a college
Really? You didn't convince me there.

You seem far too attached to the principle of the Chekov rifle.
Cinema and literature have changed a lot since then, and this rule does not have to be strictly adhered to.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
There are a lot of crazy theories about the room. I like this one of yours because it's just normal and very possible.
I think a lot of us still have AL in our subconscious and therefore we constantly expect something bad to happen.
I'd like to think so but I think the only normal enough girl will be Jill apart from Tybalt being a creeper and following her about but who knows what DPC will cook up.
I think that was just a complete red herring the MC was drunk and his imagination and seeing thins were in overdrive.
That's what i meant. Story is about the same and most of the characters are too, so i think people are really overthinking this when they come with such theories.
Fanfic writers with their own versions of the game
Yes, why not ? And seeing the african mask on the wall, maybe Bella's husband is a serviceman, involved in Africa with the american troops, and reported missing...
Still think it was put in there just for the sake of the MC being drunk and like I said his mind has imagined it.

Ploate

Jun 6, 2020
DPC won't repeat the harrowing choice we had to make in AL (as in decide who lives and who dies), but I wouldn't rule out any death in this story. There is a theory about Neil dying because of the MC's intro monologue about family and finding a new one when you lose them, for example.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
DPC won't repeat the harrowing choice we had to make in AL (as in decide who lives and who dies), but I wouldn't rule out any death in this story. There is a theory about Neil dying because of the MC's intro monologue about family and finding a new one when you lose them, for example.
It's possible, but then it's also possible that, as someone who has come from a single parent household and seems to have known no other family throughout their life, they are simply speaking about how you can make a family by the friends you gain and keep, and that family isn't always about who you're related to by blood.

This philosophical view of "family" doesn't necessarily mean that Neil isn't still there, but just that the MC is speaking about how they now have a wide circle of friends who they consider to be as close as family.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes