xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I really wonder if, at this stage, the MC will be able to have sex with anyone other than the main LIs and the side girls he's already had sex with? :unsure:

All the main LI relationships seem to be moving into more serious territory, so being the campus giggolo is probably going to become less feasible for the MC and there might be less opportunities to fool around with others without consequence. Perhaps this is why there was so much sex in ep 5 because it's the last time the MC can do this and get away with it, and ep 6 onwards will see there being a potential build-up of consequence if he continues to fool around with all the different girls.
I’d be very surprised if heather and sally aren’t sex options too given they got beach renders.
I doubt he’s going to add consequence yet. Sage is a fuck buddy, he’s been on one date with Jill, no dates with issy etc. Though if he does I won’t care as long as I can continue pursuing Quinn and Riona.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Well shit. Now what do I do with my life? lol.
Beat AL, caught up on this one, beat GGGB, finished Broken Dreamers. Any recommendations from folks for completed games along these lines? I know that I basically have listed some of the best VN out there, but hoping there's some other great quality works to keep me occupied.
Specifically completed games? There's really not all that many really good completed games of any length, unfortunately.

Melody is a popular one, and is very solid.

My Cute Roomate (originally My Cute Cousin) is another. I had some issues with it, and it's pretty trope-y, but it's enjoyable.

If you're a Star Wars fan, check out The Warrior's Heart. It's pretty short, but it's excellent, and the creator has a bunch of other very good short VNs.

Summer with Mia is another that hits all the usual tropes and has some minor issues, but is worth a download as well.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I’d be very surprised if heather and sally aren’t sex options too given they got beach renders.
I doubt he’s going to add consequence yet. Sage is a fuck buddy, he’s been on one date with Jill, no dates with issy etc. Though if he does I won’t care as long as I can continue pursuing Quinn and Riona.
At the party of chapter 5 you have sex with Riona if you pay her and she confesses that she has never had an orgasm when having sex and the MC tells her if he had known that he would have given more effort later he tells her that if they would have sex again and she accepts

With Quinn I don't doubt it since she a crush with the MC

Reactions: der123fer

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
The significant takeaway from this is certainly the GUI elements and how they tie into these new features. Definitely think that some of these are going to be for that potential DnG game, but what else they could be for is what's most interesting.

To put that "1000+ GUI files" number in context, the number of files in the phone GUI folder for Season 1 is 1083, and this includes all the buttons, profile icons, app icon & images, etc, and that number was built-up over 4 episodes, so whatever these features are, they're clearly huge.

Also, this episode might contain over 170 animations which is amazing and also exciting given the prospect of what they could be for.
that mean there's gonna be a new app on the game.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
At the party of chapter 5 you have sex with Riona if you pay her and she confesses that she has never had an orgasm when having sex and the MC tells her if he had known that he would have given more effort later he tells her that if they would have sex again and she accepts
So if you're on a Chick run, you just offer her money, no strings attached but it's sex with her if you've used the "Restaurant". Is that correct or have i missed something?

Reactions: Silver-Argus

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
that mean there's gonna be a new app on the game.
Maybe a shopping app to buy things for the MC or LIs, or things to help repair the DIK mansion. Perhaps a banking app for the MC to decide what to do with all that $$$$$$$$ he's going to get from his rich family.

Could maybe even be something to monitor suspicion/jealousy in relationships or something related to the Major Choice/Affinity bar issue seeing as how you can pretty much eliminate one side of the affinity bar already and we're only 5 episodes in to a potentially 16 episode game.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
My 2-cents. Dr.PinkCake should learn to delegates some of these coding tasks and hire a dedicated coder for these technical features. I know from an interview he wants to keep an iron grip on the project but he can keep the complete creative control and just delegates coding tasks. He have the budget but I think it's someone who hate work in team, maybe finding someone as dedicated as him can be difficult and working with a clumsy dead weight can be worst for the project.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
So if you're on a Chick run, you just offer her money, no strings attached but it's sex with her if you've used the "Restaurant". Is that correct or have i missed something?
She tells you that she needs the money or rather Quinn needs it, you can give her everything you have or nothing and she then tells you if you want to have sex with her and gives you the option to accept or simply leave her the money and leave. I already accepted the Quinn restaurant, I imagine that if you don't accept that offer, that shouldn't happen

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
She tells you that she needs the money or rather Quinn needs it, you can give her everything you have or nothing and she then tells you if you want to have sex with her and gives you the option to accept or simply leave her the money and leave. I already accepted the Quinn restaurant, I imagine that if you don't accept that offer, that shouldn't happen
Yeah i didn't get that the first time through. Second play i slipped from neutral back into chick. I'll get it right at some point. I do really like Riona as well, very sweet which isn't exactly what you'd think from her appearance. :)

Reactions: Silver-Argus

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Yeah i didn't get that the first time through. Second play i slipped from neutral back into chick. I'll get it right at some point. I do really like Riona as well, very sweet which isn't exactly what you'd think from her appearance. :)
Yes, despite everything Riona is one of my favorite chars (excluding the main LIs ofc) so far

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
You unlock the sex proposition if you have bought her service from the restaurant (ep1 or 2), talked with her about Cathy Cluck and kissed her during Dik's party (ep4) and finally gave her money. The affinity isn't relevant.

I don't think i've even found all the side characters you can mess around with yet. Most, but not all. I think?
Quinn, Riona, Camila, Mona, Sarah, Melanie, Jade, Cathy, Lily, Rose, Envy, Ashley (just licking).

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Maybe a shopping app to buy things for the MC or LIs, or things to help repair the DIK mansion. Perhaps a banking app for the MC to decide what to do with all that $$$$$$$$ he's going to get from his rich family.

Could maybe even be something to monitor suspicion/jealousy in relationships or something related to the Major Choice/Affinity bar issue seeing as how you can pretty much eliminate one side of the affinity bar already and we're only 5 episodes in to a potentially 16 episode game.
An RP counter would be a very welcome addition too.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
An RP counter would be a very welcome addition too.
I believe they had a way to check RP before but they took it out because they didn't want people RP farming.

So far, in Season 1 of Being a DIK, the Relationship Points (RP) haven't played any role unlocking certain paths or closing others (only DIK/CHICK status), will they become more relevant in the near future (Season 2 or Season 3 if planned)

I removed the visibility of the RP because I saw players playing the game to get as high of a score as possible with the girls. It became a hunt for stats and that was a big warning sign, since that's not at all what I wanted this game to be.

I want the game to be about choices and how a sum of choices, as well as key choices, can come together and affect the journey. The best example of this so far is in episode 3 where Isabella evaluates you and for the moment makes up her mind about you as a person. It wasn't a single choice that caused her to say that you're good or bad for Jill, it was a sum of your actions, where some of your choices mattered more than others.

The RP in the game so far have been used two times, during the visit to The Pink Rose in episode 3, where the RP with the DIKs alter Tommy's response and also in episode 3 how Maya's lewd scene is extended if she likes you.

I use and will use the RP to customize and give flavor to the journey and these points may be used in bigger forks along the road, but overall it's your personality and actions that will matter the most in the game. That's why I recommend everyone to have a main save where they follow their heart in their choices and don't get hung up on score hunting. Getting 100% RP with a girl may not matter depending on your other choices.

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
My 2-cents. Dr.PinkCake should learn to delegates some of these coding tasks and hire a dedicated coder for these technical features. I know from an interview he wants to keep an iron grip on the project but he can keep the complete creative control and just delegates coding tasks. He have the budget but I think it's someone who hate work in team, maybe finding someone as dedicated as him can be difficult and working with a clumsy dead weight can be worst for the project.
But honestly, it won't matter. Limiting factor for faster releases is rendering time, and that wouldn't change because he has his computer rendering 24/7 anyway.
I wouldn't do that, either.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I believe they had a way to check RP before but they took it out because they didn't want people RP farming.
DPC is absolutely right, playing "blind" definitely improves the gaming experience. but not putting an automatic display of RPs does not solve the problem.

moreover, the longer the game, the less desire there is to replay it, and BADIK will be a long game

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
DPC is absolutely right, playing "blind" definitely improves the gaming experience. but not putting an automatic display of RPs does not solve the problem.

moreover, the longer the game, the less desire there is to replay it, and BADIK will be a long game
It will be interesting to see, when this game is complete, exactly what the requirements are for certain endings and specifially where they are, because there won't be too many people pleased if they miss out on their desired endgame relationship because they missed one thing in ep 3 and therefore have to go all the way back to replay it.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
It will be interesting to see, when this game is complete, exactly what the requirements are for certain endings and specifially where they are, because there won't be too many people pleased if they miss out on their desired endgame relationship because they missed one thing in ep 3 and therefore have to go all the way back to replay it.
this is one of the main reasons i play with a walkthrough mod

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes